• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

So nice to see this place was hopping all day long
    Even Mr G stopped by

Hello & welcome Collie Mom, glad you found us!
    Be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store here to get a good idea how the program works. It absolutely does work if you are commited to retaking control of your life.

jane, sure hope yuo made it through OK tonight!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. Tomorrow is Friday & no excuse to drink, right?
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

CollieMom, you can set your options to where the newest posts are first so you don't have to scroll through the early stuff. It's great if you have time to read it, but after a while it would be easier to flip the order of the posts by going to the first page of your User CP/Options/Thread Display Mode.

Stay strong everyone!:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! I hate that I read the thread whenever I have a second but never get the time to respond until I really need to be asleep. This is one busy nest!

UW-- that was a great post about recovery. I think one of the biggest reasons I like MWO is that it does emphasize a holistic approach, which is the way I always addressed health concerns, pre-alcoholism. I know that rediscovering that part of me is hugely important right now. I even broke out the yoga mat tonight. It's been a minute, but it sure felt good.

FinallyDone-- Great job on seven days!

Jane-- If you haven't seen "Rain in My Heart" yet, you should. The videos are linked in a sticky under General Discussion. I can't really put into words yet all that moved me about the documentary, but I can tell you that should I experience cravings one day that I can't seem to beat, watching that will be the plan. It's like bringing out the big guns. Definitely in my toolbox.

Collie--Welcome! I too have spent a lot of time reading early nest postings. I may or may not have an addictive personality :H

K9-- I am so with you about Olay! Love it!

Work was crazy today. We all blame the full moon and the fact that the temperature dropped like 30 degrees this afternoon. But this evening, I was so grateful to be sober... my daughter is experiencing the first signs of puberty, and she has been hormonal (read: crazy emotional) all week. I was able to have a fantastic discussion with her, and we both feel better. Plus I ran her an herbal bath, made her tea, and got her some dark chocolate. Wouldn't have pieced all that's been going on with her together had I been drinking this week.

Off to bed! Night, nesters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey peeps,
          I have about 6 pages to catch up on, but wanted to check in on day 60!!!
          Love you all and thank you for being my anchor.
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in too. Hi Nursie, K9, Blonde, everyone I missed, lol. 30 minutes into day 16 and feeling pretty tired. I think AL was the glue holding my body together lol. I have felt more aches and pain, and general fatigue in the past week than I can ever remember! So, came home from work and fell asleep till 8 pm, and now up past midnight, so I hope the cycle doesn't continue.

I'm off to bed soon, just wanted to say HI, love u guys!:h

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, just a quick hello as I really need get to sleep. The past few days in the nest have been intense, but I love the overall sense of optimism that threads its way through these posts. Lav, Thank you so much for that great ?just struggle ~ it won't kill you? statement! So well put and I will apply it to things other than alcohol too! Along with Byrdie?s ?just don?t drink? that is one of the best words of wisdom I have come across anywhere!!!

The other night my husband suspected me of drinking as well. He came home late. I was sitting up in the living room with my knitting and the news. For some reason I couldn?t stop talking -- which is how I used to be after my first 3 or 4 glasses. I just blabbed away about all the funny things that happened during the day with the kids, phone calls with my parents etc. No wine at all involved. I was just in a good chatty mood for a change.

LibraryGirl -- my sleep was so wonky during the first month too. It will get better!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks to everyone. I so appreciate your sharing. It helps me more than I can say...

Nighty night!
              AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well good afternoon my fabby nesters!

Last night hubby and I were talking. He decided 2 days ago that he needs to lose some weight. So last night he said “I could really go for some rice wine” Me: “Rice wine? You don’t even like it!” H: “I know! But this exercise is making me crazy!” Me: “It’s been 2 days! Seriously!” H: “I know. And I hate alcohol.” Me: “Soooo do I.” I actually wanted to buy a small cake yesterday cause I was craving something sweet but thought it wouldn’t be nice to him. So both of us are now trying to get healthier. Hopefully I can convince him to quit smoking with me this year…but, I don’t think that’s going to work.

I’ve got 2 computers going so that I can read on one and type on the other…which means I can address you all!!!!

Rudiger and Collie Mom- Welcome to the nest! This place is so wonderful! It’s filled with love, support, encouragement, advice, inspiration and even laughs! Hope you feel as cozy here as the rest of us!

LG- Eat that cake! And have a sliver for me! Do anything you have to do to not drink. Don’t worry about the lbs just yet. They will drop because you are not consuming the empty alcohol calories! Hope the aches and pains go away soon!

Snap- How are you doing? Feeling better after your slip? Ready to get back on the horse?

Lav- How was your day with the grand kiddies? Were you asleep with them by 8 pm?

DWB- How are you doing?

Byrdie- I so love your posts. You crack me up! You should really write a book. You could also stick in some of the recipes for the goodies you baked for your neighbours! MMMM….

Sugar- Way to go on 16 days! Glad you are feeling a bit more like yourself. The chatter will stop!

Sausage- Great job on 14 days! Woo Hoo!

Audrey- Welcome back! I hope you feel better soon. When you start feeling better, don’t forget about how much pain you were in while drinking. Hopefully that will deter you from drinking again!

Belle- Sorry you were feeling depressed. Everyone has good and bad days. It’s part of being human. But you know that drinking would not help you at all. You are doing so wonderful!

Daisy- Sounds like you are really enjoying your art class! Do post a few pics!

Pocket- Yikes! Dropped 30 degrees in an afternoon! Your daughter is so lucky to have a mom like you! You are doing amazing! Keep racking up those days!

UW- Thanks so much for that post. If someone didn’t have a plan before, they sure as hell will have one now!

SH- I definitely choose sober stuggling!

Pinecone- Thanks for stopping by. How are you doing?

Ima- Stay strong this weekend. Just think of Sat/ Sun as any other day. Sober weekends are awesome! You will get sooooo much done! Great job on 5 days!

Hope- Thanks! It’s so crazy when you actually write down all the good things that come with being sober and see just how many things there are. I could have written a lot more too! How are you doing?

Blonde- You are doing awesome at 17 days! Hope you are getting out and enjoying that awesome weather! How does your hair look btw?

K9- You may have just converted me to an Olay fanatic. Next time I go shopping (who knows when that will be…) I will look for some of the products. The problem for me in China is that everything is “whitening”…Cream that whitens the face. Chinese love a white face. So a lot of my products are whitening (which I def do not need) My husband tells me I look like a ghost everyday….haha

Jane- Shit and slips happen. You can get back to where you were before and you know it! You will bounce back faster than you know! So happy you made it through the night. As you know, it will get easier. Stay strong, buddy!

FD- Great job on 1 week! That rocks!

Guitar- Thanks for stopping by. How are you?

Jolie- You are doing awesome at 60+ days! Doesn’t it feel wonderful?

Nursie- Congrats on your 60 days! Wooooooooo!

WM- Hi!!! Hope your hubby likes the new and improves sober you! Hopefully your hubby will catch on that this sobriety is permanent!

Well that’s it! I hope I didn’t miss anyone! Sending you all positive vibes this Friday!
                "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                Goal 1- 3 days al free
                Goal 2- 7 days al free
                Goal 3- 1 month al free
                Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, checking in on Day 6. Had the busiest week, thankfully. Up at 4am to leave my daughter to the airport - she's away for the weekend with friends.
                  Kept the exercise up, gym and swimming twice already and need to fit one of each in by tomorrow. Normally like to give myself an exercise free weekend but so tired after my early start today.
                  As far as my painting goes, (Lav especially!!!! You are so cheeky!) if I can find out how to do it I will put a pic when my little project is complete.....
                  All looking pretty good in the Nest today; chat laters.....
                  Oh, and Jane, 'F*** a Duck' is a popular saying in Ireland
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

Welcome Colliemom. Jane, isn't it more like 60 out of the past 61 days sober. Back to day 1 sounds like all that progress is scratched off. Have a great weekend everybody!
                    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

canadian gal;1277164 wrote:

Guitar- Thanks for stopping by. How are you?
                      Hiya Canadian gal,

I'm exceedingly well here, and kicking ass. Thanks for asking, and great to see you.

All the best to ya, and all in the nest.

G- bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Had that same temperature drop here - now it cloudy, chilly with rain on the way, oh well.

Waiting for my coffee to kick in so I can get my tired self to Curves
                        I will be watching my 3 yr old grandson & his 2 insanely active golden retirevers today, tomorrow, Sunday & sending them all back home sometime Monday. It's going to be one long weekend for me:H
                        I do have a pretty good supply of toys here - those large Lego blocks for building stuff, kiddie DVDs & even some outdoor equipment but somehow or another a 3 year old always wants to 'invent' their own style of fun :H
                        There is no way in heaven & earth I could possibly be doing these things, enjoying this phase of my life if I was still drinking. I think it's important for all of us to just imagine what our futures would be like if we continued on the slippery slope AL creates

Have a great AF Friday everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, since you’re here Mr. Guitarista, I am going to let you know that your inspiring posts have been really powerful to me…My “cheat sheet” of inspiration has lots of things stolen from you….your quotes from Craig Harper…your own words…You ain’t gonna undo twenty years of unhealthy thinking (and subsequent behaviours) by next Tuesday, so be patient, be courageous and don’t give up and this…

The butterfly is ever more blessed than other creatures of flight.

‘Though all grace the heavens in the ecstacy of flight,
                          the butterfly has known the drudgery of the crawl and the lonely confinement of the cocoon.
                          His/her new found freedom is richer, wilder and more thrilling than life itself.

This is the beauty of recovery.'

So I don’t think I’ve ever posted elsewhere to thank you...so I’m glad that you stopped by so I can. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You just never know who might be reading and gaining strength and courage to turn their life around - from what you wrote.
                          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

What page was that post by UW that you are all referring to? Please let me know so I don't have to look through 2000 pages... Yikes.
                            Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                            ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Timpin , its nice to see you checking in and congratulations on your 120 (or so) days!

Finallydone – you do express yourself well – we’re looking forward to hearing more from you after you soberly ace those exams!

K9 and blondie, my skin recipe - I made greek yogurt yesterday and used the strained whey for a facial…maybe that’s why I’m in no hurry to post a close up of myself !!! I should look into the regenerist stuff.

Jolie, I hope you feel better soon…get some rest this weekend, OK?

Pinecone – you’re so “real”… ‘Jane27, don't get discouraged. You're one of the good ones!’ I love that….and you’re right.

Pocket – that’s wonderful that you were “there” for your daughter…

Ah, Nursie – good to see you…and congratulations on 60!

Librarygirl, I had TONS of aches and pains after going sober and on and off for quite awhile….but now I feel better than I can remember feeling. Just know that when you push through it, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Hi Wicked…how are you? Doing better?

CG – weird about the whitening stuff….I don’t think I’d want to be using that stuff on my face anyway.

Daisy, I’d love to see your painting…my aunt must be irish, she always says that…

You have a great weekend too allswell.

Hey lav, I think I remember those dogs and that they’re more work than the kids! I hope your weekend flies by.
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tipplerette, it's only back 4 pages, it wouldn't have been that bad...unless of course you started at the beginning like colliemom!:H

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...905-30074.html
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X