Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sausage, I can easily blow an hour or two playing Spider Solitare on my computer Or, you could watch some......:television:

Comment

Newbies Nest

That post was especially meaningful for me, because I am soon approaching 6 months...and I do know how wonderful you were feeling...and I want you to feel it again.

Keep going and you'l be right there before you know it....
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab, thanks for reposting that ! Really helped. It's pretty ironic that I spend so much time reading other people's posts on here and not my own!! This time around seems much harder though, although may be its my mind playing tricks on me.

Unwasted ( autocorrect on my iPad wants me to call you unwashed! Ive had to retype it 3 x!!) I'm about to get the kids showered etc and then make tea and then maybe watch a film on DVD. Don't worry, I'll keep busy!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday!

Just think, Sausage - you're going to be able to enter Year 'Whatever' in (I'm guessin') sooo much better shape than past birthdays! Is there a better gift to give yourself?
          Good luck!
          Tell me, what is it you plan to do
          with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sausage,

Reading any of these threads always helps me:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...hen-23467.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...iss-47925.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html

Sometimes we need brutal reminders of what we're "giving up"...
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, I always get a kick out of what autofill wants to call things.....yes, I'm just one of the unwashed masses. I do, however, shower or bathe daily.:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just figured out I can bribe my 3 yr old grandson with iPad games & he leaves me alone for a few minutes with my laptop - cool

Sausage, sober birthdays & holiday are special ~ just give it a try!
                Why keep going down the same path that you know leads you to misery? Celebrate your birthday without AL & see how great you feel It's always your choice!!!!!!

jane - if you really like goldens you would wonder what's wrong with these two
                My son has fond memories of the goldens we raised when he was a kid BUT I bought them from a reputable breeder in southern Maryland. He got his from a 'kid' breeder who doesn't really understand the problems created with in-breeding......
                These dogs are nice but crazy!!!!!! Actually one is a lot worse than the other. She's been on Prozac in the past
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, the voices in your head are AL trying its damnest to get back in...it will tell you anything to worm its way back in and set up shop. It is all a LIE...it is a trick, do not listen no matter what. There is NO GOOD for us in Alcolhol, birthday or not....DO NOT BUDGE AN INCH....keep posting....we are pulling for you. Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! hope everyone is doing well! Great day today as tests before spring break went very well. Now comes the challenge! Keeping sober as things are a little less busy this weekend into next week. Getting a plan together for this weekend and next week to keep myself busy and keep in touch with sober friends. So glad to see how everyone is pulling for eachother on MWO. That is such a great thing! You guys ROCK!!!

:goodjob:
                    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm feeling a lot stronger, had another evening on the ginger beer and I'm feeling quite positive about the weekend. Have taken a lot of great advice off everyone on here and on the AF daily. Thanks everyone xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi ya Nesters! Friday nights are soo tough! We will make it together! We will fall to sleep and wake-up with no hangovers...no regrets....no wanting to quit drinking. We are in this together. You are my inspiration to stay sober. I am off to a AA meeting and have some coffee afterwards. Keep strong my friends!:h
                        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1277637 wrote: Sausage,
                          My one little drink looks like 2 bottles of wine. (there is no such thing as one little drink)
                          Jane, that is exactly how I think - any slip I've had, unlike some here, is never one drink. Once I fall off the wagon it is (was!!!!!!) a definite 2 bottles of wine. All or nothing for me, which is the reason I have made the decision to live a sober life.

I am still feeling strong with my decision and thus far does not feel like I am 'trying'. I feel totally happy and not deprived. Maybe because I have been here so many times and the last slip was not what I consider a 'slip' - I fell back into my old ways and was absolutely the most miserable I have felt since coming here in October2010. Maybe I needed to go there again, I don't know.....
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nestieroonieburgers,

I've been behind, work is insanity on speed.
                            But I hope all are well and everyone is enjoying their Friday.

I have no thoughts of alcohol today. So grateful for that!
                            I'm in a great mood and I'm enjoying my life.

Anyone having a hard time tonight; hang in there. Work out, take a bath; write your drunk memoirs, just don't give in.
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday weekend, Sausage! I'm glad you are feeling stronger. Those AL thoughts really do fade away if we just keep moving forward. One thing for sure, at least you'll remember this birthday!

Lav-- how did the day go with the grandkids? Isn't it crazy (and sometimes a blessing) how tech-savvy even the littlest ones are these days?

FinallyDone-- I'm glad your tests went well, congrats! I have a lot of pressure at work, but something I am grateful for every day is being "finally done" with school. At least for now. It took me forever, and this time last year I was going crazy. And I was drinking a lot; I have no idea how I made it through.

Everyone in the nest-- happy al-free Friday! I hope you all spend your evenings doing something you really love and feel good.

I went to counseling, and it was good. I think, with the money I'm going to be saving not buying booze, I am going to get a massage once a month before my appointment. Tonight I'm going to paint my daughter's nails, skype with my darlin, and watch a bit of funny television before bed. My little one and I have to be up early to work a breakfast fundraiser at work, so it's not really a weekend night for me. Tomorrow night I am going to a concert at a local university. Won't be drinking. If my friend hadn't purchased a ticket for me weeks ago, I would probably skip it. I just don't feel very social right now. It doesn't have to do with pressure to drink, I'm just really enjoying being home. Plus I'm tired and want to catch up on sleep. Ah, well. Music is good for the soul, right?

Night, all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Good music can be good for the soul Pocket
                                Hope you enjoy yourself!

Glad to see everyone working their way to their goals. I promise you'll never be sorry

Got my grandson to bed at 9 pm - not bad! Now if I could just get his crazy dogs to settle down......
                                It's going to be one long weekend for me but I'll survive :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X