Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome CollieMom, It's great to see you diving right into the nest. You are right about the support here. The positivity, support and accountability have been a great help to me along the way.

Unwasted, that was another great post (the one that is written like directions to an excercise for examining drinking). Thank you for putting that up. There is alot of useful stuff in there. P.S. never mind what the other kids call you!

Nursie, great job on 60 days!

Finallydone, that is the attitude to have about the weekend!

Sausage, I'm glad you are feeling better!

I feel like there has been so much good energy in the Nest lately, and it makes me proud to share this place with all of you. Have a great AF weekend everybody.
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Unwasted;1276414]
      Audrey, just wanted to say hi - I remember your posts from back when....it's like Jason Vale says, the drug never changes, just our perspective of it. I hope you can get sober this time.......have you gone to a doctor? Is your boyfriend still drinking heavily? Wishing you the best.....I hope you can give your body the healing it obviously needs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hello Unvasted!! I' d like to get Jason Vale book too - i see it' s very popular here..
      I didn' t visit doctor (i'm still on tourist visa...and don' t have medical inssurance) but i feel better..eating healthy, a lots of water, walking etc.

Yes, my BF was drinking heavily and didn' t want to interrupt but he was scared of my pain too..so now we' re both on Day 4..he told me - if you' ll not drink, i' ll not drink..it' s a big exam for both of us

Wishing you the best and nice sober days!!!
      The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
      /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Audrey- welcome back!
        45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
        New day 1- 9 January !
        Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1277637 wrote: Sausage,
          My one little drink looks like 2 bottles of wine. (there is no such thing as one little drink)
          Wow! So well said Jane- plain and simple that's how it is. Even tonight I thought how nice it would be to have a glass of wine but then realized that wouldn't be nice at all, I would want 10 for it to be 'fun' lol- , so therefore it must be none!
          45 days AF 24/11/11 - Jan 2012.
          New day 1- 9 January !
          Back again 27 May 2012 - day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone!
            i've been away for awhile, reading often but not posting because i got caught up in "trying again to mod" land. a couple of weeks ago i didn't have a plan going to my ex husbands bday party--because it was mostly kids i didn't even think of al being part of the celebration. when a friend of his came over and asked for a drink it was easy for me to say no to the vodka, but i drank the glass of wine poured for me in place of the vodka.??? so since then i've been drinking every now and then and moderately. but it doesn't feel good. and i'm scared to death of the turning point, when i no longer have control.
            i really liked having february 8th as my day. my beginning of sobriety. march 10th is also good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Lifechange,

Modding to me is like continuing to reintroduce a really bad relationship back into my life. It's so much freer to get it out for good IMO. Today is a great day for a new start! Off to work, take care all.
              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh dear people I'm having an old guilt and shame day, ouch these emotions are hurting me
                "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Audrey, wow, that would be wonderful if you could both be AF - it would make your life much easier, especially at the beginning! Best to you.

Hey nesters, here's a great article on PAWS - Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. Doggygirl reminded me of it.

PAWS | Digital Dharma

Stay strong everyone........life is so much better sober. Just give it time! YOU CAN DO THIS! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sober Sunday Gang!

I'm off to work early this morning and woke up to a world of SNOW! Wasn't expecting that as the last 2 days have been rather mild. I guess we're not over with winter yet!

K9-I also love the Olay thermal peel...I use in in the morning. I have used the regenerist serum in the past...been a few years. Am loving the Avon Anew Reveralist Serum right now...makes my skin feel like "buttah". I just bought the Olay 2 part peel system yesterday as it was on sale at the drugstore...I've used that before and it's a special 2x week treatment to make your skin glow, and it does! So nice to invest in ourselves instead of booze, isn't it?

Well, gotta run, I'll catch up with you all later. Meanwhile, have a fun and safe weekend and be good to yourselves!

Love,
                    BAF
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday moring Blondie & all Nesters

Was up way too early this morning but what can you do? We're also losing an hour of sleep tonight as we return to standard time

Welcome back Audrey, I hope you & your BF work up a good plan.

sugarbeat, why the mood swing? What's going on?

lifechange, modding is a slippery slope for sure...... hop off & back into the nest!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.
                        Feeling a lot better, than last night and now quite positive about my birthday weekend. Having Dinnerout tonight and then tomorrow is my actual birthday. I've made myself a Gluten Free birthday cake too. Woluld like to post a picture on here but not technical enough to do that just yet. Sugar - sorry you are feeling so low, things will pick up, you sounded so strong last night. Strange how we all have high and low points at different times. Hope everyone else is ok?
                        I'll check back in again later. Take care all.

Sausage x
                        Day 16

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all, a happy today. My daughter passed her driving test today. She is away touring already. And I am now officially on Week 1 - Yeeha!!!!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Waxing poetic for K9

Your words moved me to rhyme:

I hate Alcohol
                            It tells me lies
                            It beats me down
                            It makes me cry.
                            It deceives me to think
                            of rainbows and butterflies,
                            But reality just shows
                            handcuffs and DUI's...
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, the dip came in the form of my past coming back to take another pound of flesh, you can see it all in the Monthly Abstinence thread, no-one said it was going to be easy but I'll be ok:teeter: this icon really reminds me of early sobriety
                              "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

This pm I decided to update My Story as it was 3 years out of date, and was written just after I had completed 6 months AF in 2009. I went onto do 8.5AF months in total before I relapsed. How relapse happened, and why it took so long to come back is explained in today's entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X