Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday Morning, nesterlings

It is good to see you back to form, Jane. Great that you didn't get too sidetracked by your slip. Coming back here right away has helped me immensely, and I hope it helps you too.

Looks like a lot of the birds were up tweeting early, and with happy songs. Let's all keep up our sober tweets through the weekend.

Lav...I hate losing that precious hour of sleep. It also makes it HELL to get the kiddos up on Monday morning for school!!!:upset:

Blonde...how did you get to Sunday already? Some weird time zone shift? :H

Happy Birthday, Sausage...give yourself the best gift...and AF birthday.

Unwasted...you just keep going, don't you! You are doing so well. You're my idol!

I'm doing better today. Even though I have not admitted it to myself, I think Friday evenings are a bit of a trigger for me. However, I did make it through. Even with all the girl drama (my daughter and her friends) that was going on here yesterday evening. Back in the day (not so long ago), I would have dealt with it by drinking...prob vodka in the good ole laundry room. I must keep believing the truth: that no amount of alcohol, big or small, will help in situations like that.

Take care everyone...gotta go get something done on this hangover free Saturday!
    BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well - I'm through Day2 (actually evening 2 - those are the tests!) and AF. And pleased. Funny though, how participating here - esp in the beginning - really makes you think about AL even more than usual! Examining behaviors, attitudes, etc. So sometimes, the urge stirs at hours when it never did. Fortunately, my consumption never started before witching hour at 5 or 530 p.m. - so maybe I should do all my 'examining' in the early part of the day! :H

Sugarbeat - Sorry you are having a rough go, but it sounds like you are hanging tough and working at it and that is more of the kind of inspiration that is so good here.

This is my first morning in the past four without workmen trooping through too-early-for-me. So that adds to my good feeling - as do the four nice new INSULATED windows in our upstairs!

Sausage - Brilliant Birthday, girl! Hope it's a wonderful rest-of-the-weekend, despite the flakes.

Happy day, all!
      Tell me, what is it you plan to do
      with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! The snow is melting! It's a beautiful day! Life without AL is soo much more meaningful than waking up in the morning and crackin a beer to start the day and than keep drinking all day long. Let's get threw this weekend and actually enjoy it!
        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesties! It's a bright clear sunny day here, with a cool breeze. Gorgeous. I've been up since 7 am, yard saling and flea market shopping. Back home now, gonna watch Spartacus, play some Wii games and later cook some chicken (will google a recipe soon)

I'm rocking day 17!!! I saw a trailer full of cases upon cases of wine at the flea market, and thought boy could I have fun with that, LOL! It was a funny thought rather than an urge, though.:H

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend AF!!:wd:

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you UW for the PAWS link. It helped me a lot to understand what is going on.
            12-20-2012 AF
            Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Jane...that makes two of us...I hope the nap helps...:-)
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brief post - just to say that i went out for my birthday dinner tonight (b'day actually tomorrow) and I really enjoyed it and remained AF. So this completes Day 16.

See you all tomorrow!

Comment

Newbies Nest

SAUSAGE;1278226 wrote: Brief post - just to say that i went out for my birthday dinner tonight (b'day actually tomorrow) and I really enjoyed it and remained AF. So this completes Day 16.

See you all tomorrow!
                  Well done Sausage.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Sausage!

What's going on jane & lola??
                    ShalL I send some chickens over ~ they always make me laugh :H
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav in my case I have one word. Men. Or singularly - Man. Or more appropriately - childish man.

ugh. But I didn't let it derail me.

Thanks Jane, I hope so. I'm gonna make it so.

On a lighter note : Flyaway said "well done sausage".... :H where's Byrdie???

:goodjob: sausage...:-)
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab - LOUD AND CLEAR. You are coming through loud and clear with the 'childish man' sentence. Mine roused my ire this morning - but to the extent that it reminded me of a very good stress reliever: In the car, driving down the highway all by myself, my brain in a non-stop rant of anger......I let out the loudest ska-reeeeem. Almost scared myself. BUT. It helped. A lot. I highly recommend it.

It's 20 of 8 p.m. and I'm sitting here with a glass of ginger ale. Like the song goes: Who's that woman!

We lose an hour tonight - but that just means we get to a fresh and AL free morning that much faster, right?
                        Tell me, what is it you plan to do
                        with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage should be well done, bacon too :H

Glad you girls are OK jane & lola.
                          Don't get me started on the men thing :H

Got my grandson to bed by 8:30 so I hope I can sit in peace for just a little while before I can it a day - phew!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1278291 wrote: Sausage should be well done, bacon too :H

Glad you girls are OK jane & lola.
                            Don't get me started on the men thing :H

Got my grandson to bed by 8:30 so I hope I can sit in peace for just a little while before I can it a day - phew!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                            Lav
                            Lav I can't believe that you wore out EB! Did you slip the dogs some valium? Gonna be a quiet night at Lav's!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wonderful bright sunny morning here. Woke refreshed, will update you later how my AF birthday went.
                              Have a good day all
                              Sausage x
                              Day 17

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday Nestlings!

A big happy birthday hug to our Sausage! Way to go girl! Have a lovely day, you deserve it!

Hi to everyone else...welcome to CollieMom! Good luck to you on your new journey!

Have a super Sober Sunday! Off to work soon, have a great day all!
                                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                                :h

Comment

Working...
                                X