Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

:day5::bday7: Wishing Sausage a very happy AF Birthday!!

FlyAway - get this.....
    Last night after I put EB to bed I thought I'd sit for a few minutes & check out FB.
    The firts thing I see is a post there from 'me' with a line of jibberish (xxxyyyyy.......)
    & A screen shot of my cell phone. My son appraently saw it right away because he wrote "OK EB, time to say goodnight to MiMom & go to bed' :H :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy B-day Sausage!
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAUSAGE!!!! :sausages: :bday7:

Staying al free will be the best birthday gift you can give to yourself! :bday1: Instead of drinking, why not have 2 or 3 pieces of the gf cake you baked! Yum!!!
        "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
        Goal 1- 3 days al free
        Goal 2- 7 days al free
        Goal 3- 1 month al free
        Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nest!

Sausage - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :day5::day5:

Lav - too funny about Facebook!!

Lola & Jane - hope you're both feeling better today. :l

I'm feeling really good today after a couple days of feeling blah. Today I woke up refreshed after sleeping like a log and that makes all the difference in the world. I'm enjoying coffee and trying to encourage a little Gecco that got in the house to head back out the door - LOL.

Hope you all have a fantastic AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1278445 wrote: Good morning Nesters,

:day5::bday7: Wishing Sausage a very happy AF Birthday!!

FlyAway - get this.....
            Last night after I put EB to bed I thought I'd sit for a few minutes & check out FB.
            The firts thing I see is a post there from 'me' with a line of jibberish (xxxyyyyy.......)
            & A screen shot of my cell phone. My son appraently saw it right away because he wrote "OK EB, time to say goodnight to MiMom & go to bed' :H :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
            Lav
            WHAAAT??? He is just too darned smart! :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, nesters. I'm not having a good morning. I drank last night. I feel horribly guilty and I am not really ready to talk about it yet. Today would have been day 7, and here I am back at day 1. I was just starting to feel better. I hate, hate, hate AL!!! I'm not going to quit quitting though. I have to do this.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday... I will check in later. And happy birthday, Sausage!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Pocket.:l There for the grace of God go I. We're flawed, but we're strong, and I have faith in you. Pick yourself up and carry on with your head held high. AL will not get the best of YOU.

Good morning to all the rest of the Nesters! Hope you all had a refreshing sleep, as did I. Went to bed at 9:30!! last night! WTH?! LOL, I read till nearly eleven, but that has to be a record for Sat. night, for me. I slept till nearly 10, new time, too.:H Guess I really needed it.

Going to have Sunday lunch with my family and my Mother, who's in a nursing home now. Looking forward to see everyone (sorta). Will be my first time with my family since I've been AF. Not that we drank together often, and not that I'm going to make an announcement, BUT...

Check back later. Have a great day all!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Sausage!!!! Make it one to remember.
                  Pocket, good on you for reporting back right away - it's too easy to hide away and let things get worse. There was a line in another thread from Running4Life - her doctor said that once you get a decent bit of AF time under your belt, that when you do take a drink it is 'A belly full of booze and a head full of AA!' The guilt eats you up even while drinking, which I suppose is a good thing as it again questions why drink when there is no fun in it!
                  Morning to all you Nesters - beautiful Spring day here in Ireland
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MyLife - Does that gecko have an Aussie accent (like the cutie in the commercial)? In that case, you might wanna keep him around.

Sausage - A Happy BD to you (but is this one of those time warps where it's already past for you?) Whatever...can't have too many good wishes.

Pocket - I'm much of a newbie but have looked around here enough to realize - good going for you, for staying near and staying determined!

I've completed Day 3 - and can hardly wait to wake in the a.m., maybe a little sleepy but otherwise refreshed and guilt/remorse free! Even on a low-consumption evening and w/o a hangover, I would know the minute I stirred that I'd had AL before - overall cruddy feeling, birdcage mouth and always, overriding, the guilt and self-disgust.

You can't read through posts on these threads --- and I've been doing so much reading in the past couple days it's like I've traded addictions - and added a new physical problelm: my eyes are about to fall out! -- but, you can't spend time here and know that this is NOT an easy journey. It's not bump-free, angst-free, worry-free. But I have never ever felt the kind of kinsmanship that I have found here. Each of you may think you are writing from your own individual corner, from despair or success, but when the voice of one becomes many, the cumulative effect is absolutely overpowering! When I have to reach down and struggle to find the strength to....resist, the root of it is going to come from the wonderful voices in this community. :thanks: to each of you for sharing and for being here. And a Happy AF Sunday to all!
                    Tell me, what is it you plan to do
                    with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

I posted this in a thread that's probably not going to get much response, so I'm bringing it here.

I'm on day 18. Had a great night's sleep, and am leaving in about 2 hours to spend the afternoon with my family. Just thinking about it gave me a bit of anxiety just now. I feel the need to be perfect for them. I am the only one overweight out of seven of us (siblings), and know that they talk about it/me behind my back. Also found out (and wasn't surprised), that they've all been calling each other and wanting to know what is WRONG with me. I hope I can have a decent time today, without feeling too anxious.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

SAUSAGE;1278431 wrote: Wonderful bright sunny morning here. Woke refreshed, will update you later how my AF birthday went.
                        Have a good day all
                        Sausage x
                        Day 17
                        Happy Birthday! Hope your having a fun AF day! :goodjob:
                        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl;1278520 wrote: I posted this in a thread that's probably not going to get much response, so I'm bringing it here.

I'm on day 18. Had a great night's sleep, and am leaving in about 2 hours to spend the afternoon with my family. Just thinking about it gave me a bit of anxiety just now. I feel the need to be perfect for them. I am the only one overweight out of seven of us (siblings), and know that they talk about it/me behind my back. Also found out (and wasn't surprised), that they've all been calling each other and wanting to know what is WRONG with me. I hope I can have a decent time today, without feeling too anxious.
                          Congratulations on day 18!! Be very proud of yourself!! :goodjob:
                          Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the birthday messages everyone. Had a lovely birthday and it was AF. Didn't have too much difficulty at all. Went out for lunch with Mr Sausage and the kids, then to the beach as it was a mild sunny spring day, where we walked and the kids played a bit. This evening I'm finishing off the day with a sparkling AF drink. Thanks again for supporting me over this birthday weekend everyone, it has been good and I have completed day 17.
                            See you all later x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, LibraryGirl and Daisy for your kind words. I needed them. I am sipping on coconut water in a freshly cleaned home, more determined than ever. Funny how with me, all things must start in a clean house. If I don't have my surroundings in order I can't do sh@#. And Daisy, your friend's doctor's words resonate with me. I did not have any fun; I spent the whole time feeling guilty and awful. Addiction is a crazy thing. At this point, I am considering meds.

Anyway! Moving on... Hello, all! I'm sooo glad your birthday went well, Sausage. Can't wait for the details!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodf evening Nesters,

Still busy watching grandson & his dogs but at least they're all asleep now

Pocket, sorry to hear you chose to drink but very glad that you hopped right back in the nest. Fasten the nest belts & butt velcro!

LG, all those siblings......
                                isn't there at least one you can confide in? It would be nice but it's not necessary. I hope your gathering went well.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X