X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1278804 wrote: Goodf evening Nesters,

Still busy watching grandson & his dogs but at least they're all asleep now

Pocket, sorry to hear you chose to drink but very glad that you hopped right back in the nest. Fasten the nest belts & butt velcro!

LG, all those siblings......
    isn't there at least one you can confide in? It would be nice but it's not necessary. I hope your gathering went well.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
    Lav
    Phew! I was getting ready to send out a search party! I thought maybe the Insanity Twins pushed you over the edge! :H When is your sentence--I mean babysitting over?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning on this B-E-A-UTIFUL Monday morning Nesters!

Hope you all had fabby weekends! Hubby and cousin left yesterday for a week or more. Hubby told me on Friday and you all can guess what my first thought was...I can drink! The stupidity of that idea only lasted a few minutes. I will be fine. Today is day 26 for me.

Yesterday I woman that I know (but not too well) gave me anti acne gel out of the blue. Embarrassing for me but kind of her. So I guess my makeup was not doing it's job in covering up those nasty pimples. Last night I counted them...21. 21 pimples, some big some small. Since my makeup wasn't working, I have decided to go au naturel. Last year when I quit drinking I had the same problem. I stopped using my makeup and my skin got better, so fingers crossed. This morning I skipped my foundation and powder and only used eye shadow and mascara. I feel a little naked and slightly scared. The one good thing is that now that it is spring here, it means that it is super windy and sandy. So I can wear a doctors mask (although mine is much more fashionable) outside. It covers up the pimples cause they are all around my mouth and jaw. Hopefully in 1-2 weeks, my skin will improve.

Pocket- Sorry about your slip. They happen. But I am really glad that you can right back here. I so love your determination to never quit quitting. Do you know what your trigger was and how you can avoid it in the future? BTW, I also can not do a thing unless my apartment is spotless :-)

LG- Whatever happens at lunch today try not to let it get you down. No one is perfect. Some people are too thin, some are overweight, some have nasty skin like me. Get some more al free days under your belt and then you can tackle the weight. Hope your lunch goes well!

Collie- Congrats on day 3! This is a hard battle but one that is very much worth it.

Sausage- Glad that you had a fab birthday weekend and that you did it al free! Woo hoo!

I'm out of time! To all my other nesters, I hope you doing well!
      "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
      Goal 1- 3 days al free
      Goal 2- 7 days al free
      Goal 3- 1 month al free
      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

LG - Hope your lunch went ok. Quitting the drinking and handling family gossip at the same time is difficult! I hope they saw the change in you and that it blew their mouths shut!

Pocket - Glad your home is spotless - it makes a big difference to the mind. Come and tell us about your first days.

CG - Hope the skin cream was for free. I hate when you have to buy so many different products till you find one that works for you! I have post baby pigmentation and have spent way too much on creams to lighten it. Now I am using one that I mix myself!

FD - You are doing great! Are you on holiday yet? How did the studies go? I still struggle to focus, but I'm getting there.

I was a bit ticked off over the weekend with a friend that was supposed to call and help me with something. 2 calls and one sms later I decided stuff him!! It took all Sunday to pull my emotions together. Finally this morning I can say stuff him, BUT I will be nice. Will act as if it weren't that important to me.

To the rest of the nest - have a great week!!
        12-20-2012 AF
        Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CG, my skin is horrible too! WTF, does this have to do with quitting?? I'm too old for this! I can't stand it.
          Jane, I'm worried about ya Hun. I heard something in church today that resonated with me, and maybe it can help you too. "we decide how we are going to feel, once we have decided that we are having a bad day...we do".

I hope everyone has had a beautiful week end.

Holy cow, strange addictions is on and the girl is drinking gasoline.
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again Nesties. My lunch went pretty well. Everyone seemed happy to see me, but as usual, there were no compliments. No one says you look nice, in my family, unless you are thin.:H As far as I could tell, they see no difference in me. My oldest brother was determined to be negative as well...soon as I sat down he started telling me something bad was going to happen with my work (it's a state job, and he read something in the paper). Later, he said if I wanted something out of my (deceased) dad's storage room (my dad was a salesman), I'd have to pay $10.00. As I was leaving, my sister said did you want that pepper (a box of pepper, for christ sake)? She said that's the craziest thing I've ever heard (what my brother said), and you're entitled to anything you want out of here, just like the rest of the family!

My bf said he thought my brother was kidding me, but he didn't laugh and he didn't take it back, so I assume he was serious. Whatever, I just let it roll off of my back, and I am still AF. That's the most important thing.

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Waiting the the babysitees to be picked up
              God it's been a long weekend!

LG, staying away from dysfunctional family members is big on my list. Glad your lunch turned out OK.

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday - will be back later.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

staying away from dysfunctional family members is big on my list Lav, thanks for driving this point home with me...it's been instrumental for me too.

Now my experience over the weekend...hubby acted ridiculous on Sat - very childish and needy and he ruined (for him) what should have been a great weekend...one of very few that he has even been with us this year due to business travel. When the sh!t hit the fan, I immediately wanted really badly to drink. It is still a gut reaction for me. I made myself stay at home for a little while - and then I left the house - and had the thought of going to buy vodka. :-( But ended up going to Home Depot instead....

By then I had time to think it through, and I knew that if anything was discussed between us later that day, I needed my full wits about me....there was no way in hell he was going to catch me half in the bag so that he could make me doubt whether I was actually seeing things clearly. We spent the rest of the weekend not really speaking more than we had to - and I have sorted my feelings about the matter down on the computer - because I actually remember everything that happened this weekend.

In the past, I would be scrambling trying to remember lost little bits and wondering if I had missed something - are his claims really true? Now I know in my heart that they aren't...and I can try to figure out why he chose to act like a child and to lash out at me like he did.

Before, I would have probably half assed apologized by now - not knowing what for...but figuring I did something that I don't really remember.

soooo, maybe it's not the best motivation for staying AF - but being able to hold my own in an argument worked for me this weekend! :H
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back from my family weekend. I'm here to tell you, family is ENOUGH to make you drink....what's THAT all about?? I guess members get typed-cast in their roles for a reason. The Blabbermouth. The Crazy One. The Cheap One....etc. This is just how it is....that's the only explanation I can come up with. Thank goodness the time apart erodes the bad feelings or else no family gatherings would happen! Someone ALWAYS leaves my family gatherings with hurt feelings. So sad. Library Girl....in the summer of 2005, I lost 23 pounds! When I showed up for Thanksgiving that year...I was so proud of myself!! I was wearing 3 sizes smallers! Do you think ONE person complimented me or said a THING???? NO! I finally asked my Dad...haven't you noticed I've lost weight, why didn't you say anything??? He said, well I thought you might be sick or something. DUH???? If he thougth I was sick why didn't he ask about that???? Is it any wonder I'm an ALK??
                  Pocket....when you are trying to quit drinking, the GSR Brothers (Guilt/Shame/Remorse) are part of the family. It's all part of it, and the only way to shut them out for good is to make up your mind to never invite them back. The only way to stop drinking is to stop drinking. I know, it's a shame...no one tried harder than I did to make it work.
                  More later, catching up and still sorting out in my head about my crazy family.....Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Friends!

Byrdie, I know what you mean about the type-cast roles. I think it is easier for family members to put us in these familiar and fixed roles so it is easier to relate to us, rather than to see how we have grown as people. I see it as a means to "keep it light" although it doesn't really work and just creates resentment. Relating to family has always been one of my challenges, and in my drinking life, I always used a family gathering as an excuse to get blotto drunk. The difficulty dealing with it is still there in sobriety, so I know it is one of the things I need alot of work on.

Lolab, I'm sorry you had a crappy weekend. We did something similar at my house! A little spat about who does more dishes (could it get any more insignificant?) turned into an argument about how we argue. So frustrating and pointless, I could cry! No one wins that kind of crap and we both kind of dropped it, embarassed.

I love that avatar, Jane!

LibraryGirl, good for you for staying strong. Family encounters can be so trying!

Everyone I missed, please have a wonderful AF Monday!
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters; don't even get me started on the family stuff!!!!!!! Ours is what I would describe as a 'continuing drama' and as most of us live very close to one another, there is no getting away from it.
                      Drove to Dublin today to leave my son to the airport - he is heading to Vancouver for the next 6 months....they grow up but still I felt like I wanted to go with him to make sure he didn't feel alone or lost.....suppose it's my time to grow now...
                      As I was up so early, I am tired so having a lazy TV day - I have had countless days like this, usually because I was fit for nothing else after a heavy drinking session, so it is nice to have a different reason.
                      I am day 9 today and all is good.
                      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello

Hello, newbie here, all tentative and awkward 'n all that. Feel like cr@p so instead of starting out on miserable note I'll try and stay with the positives...wherever I've hidden them.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome TomaHawk and chin up, the positives will come, lookig forward to hearing more from you in time
                          "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Tomahawkkid, you've already found probably the best thread for newcomers to start posting in.

Have you checked out the tool box thread? https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I also found the concepts of "urge surfing" and "witching hour" to be extrememly helpful to me. I will also add "euphoric recall" (something that becomes more significant later on).

Don't be shy here. The people that have gathered here have alot in common.

I have never, ever, ever, ever regretted quitting drinking.
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesties and Welcome Tomahawk!

LG, Lolab and Nursie - Sorry you each had difficulties this weekend...I know how irritating those situations can be. But the most important thing is you got through them sober...and you can actually remember what really happened.

LG - You went to bed at 9:30 Saturday night? Me too! Only I compensated for the time change so it was really only 8:30. LOL But I did read until about 10. Wow, what a change from the old days...but a good change!

I had a relaxing weekend and not much to report...a little housework, a lot of naps. Had a hard time getting up this morning though because of the time change, it was so dark outside! But I will enjoy the light longer into the evenings now. Maybe I will get back into exercising now. The early dark evenings made me so mopey! That's my plan anyway...we'll see.

Nursie - I think you mentioned the Strange Addiction show where the girl was drinking gasoline, I saw one last night where a girl snorts baby powder, and then a guy that is "in love" with his car and has an "intimate" relationship with "him". OMG. I shut the TV off and went to bed, I couldn't take any more wierdness for the night! LOL

I did watch the Oprah special where she talked to Whitney Houstons brother, sister-in-law and daughter. They seem like really nice down-to-earth people that she was really close to. It's still sad that such a talent was wasted. I wonder what the official cause of death is going to turn out to be.

Well I guess I better get this week going...hope everyone has a great day...stay strong!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Hope everyone is enjoying there Monday so far! On spring break from school this week. Which can be either a good or bad thing. Plan on doing alot of AA meetings this week and keep in touch with my new MWO buds. So proud of all of you for supporting eachother! :goodjob: Have a great day my friends!
                                Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X