Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Nest,
    I got an irate phone call from a ridiculous girl demanding to fight me because my number is in her boyfriends phone. He was an old friend and believe me, there is NO more than an occasional friendship conversation. Usually he calls to ask about addiction because she is out of control with pills and alcohol and they have two kids.

Ugh, I hate this.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moring all Nesties

Oh Nursie, try not to let that person affect you too much, remember its her not you who has these issues,you can only control your own reaction to this situation, its just one of those things, try not to let it distrub you 2 much, just look after yourself
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Waking up to clouds & the threat of a thunder storm this afternoon ~ must be Spring!

Good to see everyone moving forward, reaching their goals

Nursie, I haven't encountered such juvenile behavior since I was in high school a hundred years ago :H Hope you can ignore that deluded woman...

Have a great AF Tuesday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got a call early this morning; after telling CollieMom last night that my son had arrived safely, I then called him to check his lift had come and he couldn't talk...this got me worried and I went to bed and text him again and kept phone in bed.
          Long and short of it is; he has ticket for 150 day stay. He was advised (by I don't know whom) he did not need a visa. Apparently you do, if over 100 days. He was allowed to stay over at his cousins house as long as he leaves the country by 3 today. I feel so sorry for him but part of me could throttle him for not double-checking; he was asked by myself and his dad many times but seemed to know better. They told him he has to return home and cannot go back for a year.....feel so helpless.
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got a call early this morning; after telling CollieMom last night that my son had arrived safely, I then called him to check his lift had come and he couldn't talk...this got me worried and I went to bed and text him again and kept phone in bed.
            Long and short of it is; he has ticket for 150 day stay. He was advised (by I don't know whom) he did not need a visa. Apparently you do, if over 100 days. He was allowed to stay over at his cousins house as long as he leaves the country by 3 today. I feel so sorry for him but part of me could throttle him for not double-checking; he was asked by myself and his dad many times but seemed to know better. They told him he has to return home and cannot go back for a year.....feel so helpless.
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday Mornin' Nesters!

Nursie - Oh to be on the receiving end of a drunk/drugged phone call! I know I've been on the sending end of the drunk texts/calls many a time. Try to remember she is under the influence and probably has no idea what she is talking about (and won't even remember later).

Jane - Your avatar makes me giggle too, so funny

Daisy - I'm glad your son is home for a visit, I'm sure you will have a great time together. 20 is still very young. My nephew lives with me and he is almost 19...still such a baby. LOL I'm sure he doesn't view himself that way, but I do! My sister (his mother) still makes him muffins and I found myself folding his laundry the other day, when I told my sister we need to quit babying him she said "I know, we are NOT his bitches!" LOL That made me laugh, but we DO need to learn to quit coddling, he's the one that wanted independence SO bad! (SO independent right? ALL the way to Aunties house...LOL)

I'm feeling much better today, I think I had the Monday Blues yesterday. No thoughts of drinking though, and I think I am finally at the point where I am fine with the thought of never drinking again. I know I will still have the occasional passing thought, but I always remember the saying "You never have to drink again, even if you want to".

I hope you all have a great day!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning! Hoppin' up from the nest after finishing Day 5 - feels gooood!

Except I lied.

About the 'hoppin' part. LOL. Waking sober is grand, but it's still a slog to get going in the a.m. Maybe that's just my standard operating mode. It's sunny and 66 here in this upper Midwest area where it should be - maybe - 30 and we ought to still be hip-deep (or at least ankle-deep) in snow. I need to stop obsessing about climate change and just enjoy it!

Nursie: How upsetting. Hope it blows over and she does a quick fade.

A good day to all!
                Tell me, what is it you plan to do
                with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Hope everyone is having a great day! A little down inside today. Which is normal. We all have those days. Living without alcohol seems really easy like a no-brainer....but actually getting threw the days at times without it is the ulimate challenge. Today is not being a easy one on the mental part of this. I feel great physically but now the mental part of the demon starts raising into my head. Time to get to a meeting...do some work and get out of my head. Hope everyone is having a great day!
                  Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, late check in from me as I work til late on a Tues. only had a brief glance through the posts but everyone sounds to be doing OK which is great. Will look back later when the kids are in bed.
                    Day 19 for me today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=K9Lover;1279602]Good Tuesday Mornin' Nesters!

"You never have to drink again, even if you want to".Wow! Just what I needed to hear today! I had a very draining afternoon session begging a 5year old patient to treat her.... It was frustrating!! But I got some good points out of it. So when I left campus I felt that I needed a drink... or at least a ciggie!

Played with the idea for 3seconds? and decided to buy myself some nice, sweet soda and a chocolate for being a goog girl.

Nursie - Good luck with that crazy girl!

Daisy - Heart warming how you feel about your son! Made me dream about when my son will be 20...
                      12-20-2012 AF
                      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My friend is selling me her eliptical machine for $50. I am quickly running out of excuses not to exercise. :egad:

Congrats on Day 19 Sausage - way to go!

Finallydone - Glad you're still hanging in there. You are right, the mental part of quitting is definitely the hardest. Switching our thoughts and redirecting our actions take serious work at the beginning, but it does get easier. You seem like you have your head together though, so keep up the good work!

Later peeps!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Feathered Friends,

I can't believe that today is 60 days AF for me. I never thought I could do this when I first found MWO in late October. What a difference this place makes! I am not the best wordsmith when it comes to posting, but I find what others say to be like nuggets of gold.

I took a trip down memory lane today, thinking what one drink would be like. Yes, it would feel good for maybe 30 minutes or so, then the buzz would start wearing off. So, I would go for another drink to keep the buzz alive. The buzz from drink #2 would not last as long and I would soon be looking to #3 to keep things going. Then it turns into the land of diminishing returns. More drinking, less feeling good. But I would drink more chasing that elusive buzz. Outcome: I get drunk, embarass myself, black out and wake up in the middle of the night with the G/S/R brothers. Then there is the hangover and the shame the next day.

Oh god...I don't miss any of that....

Thank you so much...each and every one of you...for being here. It all matters...

:h
                          BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey BelleGirl

Huge congrats, and I love the image of the G/S/R brothers, to me they look like 3 dodgy knights out of monty python and the holy grail who bundle up beside me glad they haven't been around in a while
                            "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle -
                              First, a huge congrats on 60 days!!! Second, I loved your post. It's so real, so true. The happy little "buzz" doesn't last. That's the part we miss...but who of us stopped there? Not I!! I turned into a 4 headed swamp monster. Good lord the things I said and did drunk make we want to slink away in shame. BUT...the good news is we don't have to do that anymore! YAY. You are rocking it girlie...keep up your awesomeness!!! :happy:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 60 Days Belle!! That's awesome. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X