Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

FD - I gave my skin "recipe" a few pages back. LOL Mostly it's Oil of Olay, Burt's Bees, drinking about whole gallon of water a day, and a steam sauna now and then. Now...aren't you glad you know all that? LOL Oh, and quitting drinking didn't hurt either...doh!

My daughter texted me and said she's feeling much better so I replied "Yahooozzzleee, Yippie Kye Ayyyy" and she said "OMG Mom". Maybe I should tone it down since I feel like I AM getting on her nerves lately. HA

Alright, I was just doing my late afternoon fly-by. The day is finally, finally almost over. YAY :happy:
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesties!! It's nice to hear everyone's upbeat stories of challenges, resisting, calmness and embracing the new sober life.:goodjob:

I'm wondering when I'm going to feel really good. I'm still waking up feeling halfway hungover, blood-shot eyes, angry, and tired. Ugh.

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LG!

It takes a while for your body to start to recover. I know it's hard to be patient because we want to quit drinking and immediately feel wonderful. Your body is probably still trying to work the toxins out. I didn't feel all that great at 30 days, and I expected to. I am nearing 80 and am just now feeling "better". I'm not saying this to discourage anyone, just to let people know that it's normal. Expecting it to happen immediately will result in disappointment, so just hang in there. It WILL happen. Every day you stay sober you are one day closer to the miracle. Please don't give up...let it happen! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,

Lurker checking in. I haven't read lots of post yet, but wanted to say hi to all, and K9 you're looking great!

I guess I'm on a 50/50 rate at the moment. It's progress since I found this site but not got my head around the 100% yet. I guess I'm a work in progress!

Best to all
          Freefly xx
          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1280530 wrote: FD - I gave my skin "recipe" a few pages back. LOL Mostly it's Oil of Olay, Burt's Bees, drinking about whole gallon of water a day, and a steam sauna now and then. Now...aren't you glad you know all that? LOL Oh, and quitting drinking didn't hurt either...doh!

My daughter texted me and said she's feeling much better so I replied "Yahooozzzleee, Yippie Kye Ayyyy" and she said "OMG Mom". Maybe I should tone it down since I feel like I AM getting on her nerves lately. HA

Alright, I was just doing my late afternoon fly-by. The day is finally, finally almost over. YAY :happy:
            Haha! You wouldn't be a mom unless you were getting on your daughter's nerves at times! That made me laugh! And your so right about this all taking time. It takes alot of time the first 90 days. Alot of emotions. Many were not used to dealing with. Were all going threw new feelings again. It's like were kids learning life all over again.
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

So glad my kids are in their 30's :H :H
              I lived through their hormones & teenaged angst (I wasn't even drinking then....)
              I look at my grandkids & wonder if I'm going to be around to see them at that stage

Glad to see so many happy nestlings
              LG, are you taking supplements, eating well & getting some exercise? You really need to do these things to participate in your recovery

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey! good morning. I want to post this link - as I know quite a few have mentioned acne since quitting. Skin Detox Symptoms | eHow.com
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Gang!

We're halfway through March already, phew! 23 days for me today. My next goal is 30 and then I will try to stop counting...lol. Hope you all have a great day today! I have lots of driving to do on a roadtrip this afternoon. Glad I don't have to worry about fitting booze into THAT schedule!

Have a grand day everyone!
                  Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                  :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Thursday
                    Looking forward to another sunny 70 degree day today so I think I'll play outside for a bit.
                    Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

No Lavande. I'm smoking, drinking lots of diet Pepsi, eating sugar and fat wherever I can find it, and exercise only when necessary to get somewhere.:H:H:H

Hahahahaha!!! It's all true, but boy does it sound terrible!:H

I'm not willfully doing these things, I've just not gotten disciplined so far. I know I need to eat right, exercise, take vitamins, etc. All common sense. I started an online nutrition program today, and am going to start a simple exercise program, so I hope that will put me on the right track.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl;1280812 wrote: No Lavande. I'm smoking, drinking lots of diet Pepsi, eating sugar and fat wherever I can find it, and exercise only when necessary to get somewhere.:H:H:H

Hahahahaha!!! It's all true, but boy does it sound terrible!:H
                        LOL LG - Me too! I'm trying, but I just can't give up my few ciggies a day, and I'm not too good at passing up the candy dish either. And my cardio consists of walking back and forth to the bathroom. LOL I know that (someday) I will do better!

Well it's Thursday and my little moody teen seems to be doing better. Maybe she just needed a day off! She was happy last night, but then this morning she was grumpy again. Ah well, I remember being moody like that too (I still am actually LOL). Hopefully she and I will both survive this phase.

Today is day 80 for me. No celebrating yet...I've been here before. At around 120 I'll do a little happy dance, and maybe Nelz will even give me a star!

I woke up at 3:00am but I was not accompanied by the G/S/R Brothers! Just me, the dogs, the fleas and my sudden insomnia. I think I went to bed too early (8:30 LOL). But it still felt good to just be awake, and not in the middle of a horrible anxiety attack trying to remember what I'd done the night before, or have my heart racing and have cold-sweats. All I have to do is think of those days and I am firm in my hatred towards Mr. Bud Light!

I hope you all have a great day!

K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job K9. I woke up at somethirty am to pee, but I got right back in bed and fell back asleep. My problem is not going to bed early enough. Makes hitting the snooze button irresistible, and crankiness as well. My goal is to start getting to bed at least by 11 pm, and get out of bed EARLY and go for a walk....gotta have goals, man.:giggle:

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

LG - I laid in bed debating whether to get up and pee or not and finally gave in. Don't underestimate those calories burnt between the bed and the bathroom. Baby steps towards the goals. LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, my name is Dale and I am here thanks to my wife and one of her friends who have used this site to get sober. Just from experience alcohol is not that answer to lifes questions. True answers lie in yourself. Not only that if life gets you down to the point to where alcohol has to be involved, please go talk to a friend, neighbor, spouse, or family because alcohol is NOT the answer, it just makes things worse. I am saying this because twice so far I have got really drunk while being out doing karaoke with my wife, her family, and friends and have said some stuff that I shouldn't have due to my bi-polar kicking in due to the amount of alcohol I have consumed. After last nights experiences which i am going to keep between my wife, her family, and who was there last night to see what happened I have decided to "kick the habbit" so I can get on with life and lifes more important things than alcohol. I have to many things to lose and it's not worth it. I made a promise to my wife this morning that I am done drinking (that was my first step in recovery), and now I am on here doing my first post (this is my 2nd step in recovery). I am praying to god that this site WILL help me get through everything and become sober again. Have a good day all and may god bless everyone on here, including the families of those who are on this site to get help.
                              :new: Mr. Leftwich :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

mr.leftwich;1280885 wrote: Hello everyone, my name is Dale and I am here thanks to my wife and one of her friends who have used this site to get sober. Just from experience alcohol is not that answer to lifes questions. True answers lie in yourself. Not only that if life gets you down to the point to where alcohol has to be involved, please go talk to a friend, neighbor, spouse, or family because alcohol is NOT the answer, it just makes things worse. I am saying this because twice so far I have got really drunk while being out doing karaoke with my wife, her family, and friends and have said some stuff that I shouldn't have due to my bi-polar kicking in due to the amount of alcohol I have consumed. After last nights experiences which i am going to keep between my wife, her family, and who was there last night to see what happened I have decided to "kick the habbit" so I can get on with life and lifes more important things than alcohol. I have to many things to lose and it's not worth it. I made a promise to my wife this morning that I am done drinking (that was my first step in recovery), and now I am on here doing my first post (this is my 2nd step in recovery). I am praying to god that this site WILL help me get through everything and become sober again. Have a good day all and may god bless everyone on here, including the families of those who are on this site to get help.
                                I am very proud of you babe......Just remember, I support you 100% and when it starts to get tough, I am still going to be here. Remember......getting sober is easier if done doing baby steps not by just jumping off the deep end. I love you and so does the rest of our family and friends!!! :l
                                :l Mrs. Leftwich :l

Comment

Working...
                                X