Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

mr.leftwich;1280885 wrote: Hello everyone, my name is Dale and I am here thanks to my wife and one of her friends who have used this site to get sober. Just from experience alcohol is not that answer to lifes questions. True answers lie in yourself. Not only that if life gets you down to the point to where alcohol has to be involved, please go talk to a friend, neighbor, spouse, or family because alcohol is NOT the answer, it just makes things worse. I am saying this because twice so far I have got really drunk while being out doing karaoke with my wife, her family, and friends and have said some stuff that I shouldn't have due to my bi-polar kicking in due to the amount of alcohol I have consumed. After last nights experiences which i am going to keep between my wife, her family, and who was there last night to see what happened I have decided to "kick the habbit" so I can get on with life and lifes more important things than alcohol. I have to many things to lose and it's not worth it. I made a promise to my wife this morning that I am done drinking (that was my first step in recovery), and now I am on here doing my first post (this is my 2nd step in recovery). I am praying to god that this site WILL help me get through everything and become sober again. Have a good day all and may god bless everyone on here, including the families of those who are on this site to get help.
    Thank you posting this! Welcome and great to have you with us on our journey to a sober life! Check out the toolbox and ask questions. I am beginning all over again in my early recovery. I have had periods of sobriety and than periods of heavy drinking. I believe support is one of the best tools in long-term recovery. :goodjob:
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Mr. AND Mrs. Leftwich!

Glad you have both joined us. Alcohol has caused me to say and do many things I am horribly ashamed of. I'm glad you've recognized the problem and are taking steps to get better. You will find a lot of love, support and kindness here, so please stick around!

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes welcome. I'm on day 21 with the help of everyone on here. 24/7 there is always someone around to support and encourage you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mrs.leftwich;1280886 wrote: I am very proud of you babe......Just remember, I support you 100% and when it starts to get tough, I am still going to be here. Remember......getting sober is easier if done doing baby steps not by just jumping off the deep end. I love you and so does the rest of our family and friends!!! :l
          I say take it one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow till tomorrow gets here. Just focus on today and take it a step at a time. ODAAT! Great to see you two here and you are right, there are more important things then AL. You can still go out and have a good time without al and one of the best parts of being sober, no hangovers.

I am proud of you as well. If you guys ever need help, let me know. Also here is the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html . I recommend reading it and setting up a plan. Also let the bartender and your friends over at the place or places that you go know that you don't drink. I have been to places that have supported me and I can go and there is no pressure to drink at all in fact, if I were to try to drink, they would pressure me to not drink.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome to mr. & mrs. leftwich,

Glad you are both here!
            The MWO program is a good one, it has helped many of us. To make the most of the program you should download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site. It has a lot of info about supplements, etc. I highly recommend the Hypno CDs as well. They taught me how to relax without AL on board.
            Here's a link to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is full of great ideas to help you make your plan. Stick around & let us know how you are doing

Greetings to LG & K9 = get some real exercise today girls ~ helps you sleep better
            Hello to finallydone & Sausage - both doing great!!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

the Kindling Phenomenon of Relapsing

Hi Nesters,

Just stopping in to leave a portion of an article I read that explains why relapse makes subsequent attempts at sobriety more difficult:

?An important concept in both alcohol craving and alcohol withdrawal is the ?kindling? phenomenon; the term refers to long-term changes that occur in neurons after repeated detoxifications. Recurrent detoxifications are postulated to increase obsessive thoughts or alcohol craving. Kindling explains the observation that subsequent episodes of alcohol withdrawal tend to progressively worsen.?

Something to keep in mind............Sending everyone peace and strength. :lilheart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1280947 wrote: Hello & welcome to mr. & mrs. leftwich,

Greetings to LG & K9 = get some real exercise today girls ~ helps you sleep better
                Awww...do we have to??

I think I'll sleep well tonight, I'm actually working me arse off today at work. LOL
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone. Day 3 for me. I am doing this thing again and although I am experiencing some issues, I am determined. I just increased my dose of topamax from 100 to 150mg. The awful side effects are already kicking in. Tiredness, blurry eyes--which is super scary! I think I just need to get off of that med completely b/c it doesn't do jack for me but make me lose weight which is what I really would love!!

Anyway, I have been very depressed lately but cannot let this depression interfere with being sober!!
                  "One day at a time. Messy bed, Messy head."
                  March 13, 2012

Goal #1: 7 days 3/19/12 DONE
                  Goal #2: 15 days 3/27/12
                  Goal #3: 30 days 4/11/12
                  Goal #4: 60 days 5/11/12
                  Goal #5: 90 days 6/10/12
                  Goal #6: 6 months
                  Goal #7: 1 year

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope.. the first 3 days are the hardest...you are kicking butt and taking names...if you can do the last 3 days, you can do the next three. Hang in there with us...we will help you. Keep yourself busy! You are in the right place! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

DriftyAlison0;1280944 wrote: I say take it one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow till tomorrow gets here. Just focus on today and take it a step at a time. ODAAT! Great to see you two here and you are right, there are more important things then AL. You can still go out and have a good time without al and one of the best parts of being sober, no hangovers.

I am proud of you as well. If you guys ever need help, let me know. Also here is the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html . I recommend reading it and setting up a plan. Also let the bartender and your friends over at the place or places that you go know that you don't drink. I have been to places that have supported me and I can go and there is no pressure to drink at all in fact, if I were to try to drink, they would pressure me to not drink.
                      I am proud of my hubby. On his first day to recovery we went to play some pool at a local bar, the bar owner asked if, he wanted a beer and he was able to turn it down and asked for a sprite and 7-up instead. Day 1 of the AL recovery went great. I know within the next few days it's only gonna get harder, but I'm willing to support him. I even agreed that if he was serious about quiting I will quit with him even though I barely drunk . I was an alcoholic for 3 months when my grandma passed away. I finally slowed down after going out as a dd with some friends and getting hit and ran by a drunk driver at 60mph in a 30mph zone. Me, living to tell the story is better than me being someone who could have been drunk driving and hitting and killing someone else.
                      :l Mrs. Leftwich :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the nest

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tucking everyone in and sprinkling sober dust for all.
                          Sleep tight. Don't let the bitches bite.
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all!
                            I've been so busy, barely time to catch up but I will be back later.

I have been learning about activated charcoal to detox the body, as well as liquid chlorophyll. (but you have to take it an hour before or two hours after any other meds) it not only detoxes alcohol but any other residual toxins from old antibiotics or preservatives in food, metals, etc.

I take two a day and a tsp of chlorophyll.

It especially helps in the very beginning.
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mrs.leftwich;1281201 wrote: I am proud of my hubby. On his first day to recovery we went to play some pool at a local bar, the bar owner asked if, he wanted a beer and he was able to turn it down and asked for a sprite and 7-up instead. Day 1 of the AL recovery went great. I know within the next few days it's only gonna get harder, but I'm willing to support him. I even agreed that if he was serious about quiting I will quit with him even though I barely drunk . I was an alcoholic for 3 months when my grandma passed away. I finally slowed down after going out as a dd with some friends and getting hit and ran by a drunk driver at 60mph in a 30mph zone. Me, living to tell the story is better than me being someone who could have been drunk driving and hitting and killing someone else.
                              Great to hear. Yes the next few days will be tough, but the longer you both remain sober, the easier it gets. Most of the time now I barely get any craves and/or thoughts about drinking and when I do they are not strong and can easily out ride them. When I do crave and/or think about drinking (which is getting lesser and weaker the longer I remain sober) I just think of you all, god, and the dreaded hangover and the craves leaves. Great for you to join him. It is easier to have your spouse join you. And if god forbid he falls off or you fall off, don't be afraid to get right back on. You both can do this. I am rooting for you both.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Woke up to cloudy skies over my portion of the nest, oh well.

Hope everyone has their weekend plans in place - leave nothing to chance
                                Have a great AF Friday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X