Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mr and Mrs Left, Drifty is right...Day 2 and 3 are toughies...ride it out...distract yourselves..reward yourselves in any other way, just NOT AL. Today is Friday and that was always a rough one for me...but our Lav says, Friday is JUST another day (finger pointed to heaven!) Get thru this weekend at all costs (St Patty's Day be damned). You will be new people on Monday, and so proud of your accomplishments. We are glad you're here. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, what an encouraging thread. I am anything but a newbie to this site but a newbie to sobriety; that's for sure. On day 4; it's Friday and that 'sober dust' that was sprinkled over me last night is really working. I hope this feeling of strength lasts longer than it usually does. Usually it's only a matter of time before I cave in. As I keep hearing, it often takes many quits before the real QUIT. I hope this is mine.

Even at my wedding dinner on Wed., I will lift the champagne glass to my lips and that's where it ends.

Welcome all the newer newbies. Stick around. This place is full of amazing people who are with us on every step of of our A/F journey.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tipp, keep inhaling the sober dust ...wedding on WEd? Fantastic!!!!

It will be nice to remember everything !!!!

I am also gathering strength for the St Paddy carnage
        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tipps - Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! It will be nice to actually remember the whole thing, won't it? You're on day 4 so the toughest days are behind you. I'll be thinking of you and sending you strength!

We're expecting a big storm this weekend so I am looking forward to building a fire, reading some books and maybe renting some movies (that I'll actually watch all the way through and remember the ending!). So while other people are out drinking green beer and then feeling like crap on Sunday, I'll be safe and sober and feeling good!

My Bitch Nursie - Thanks for the sober dust, I think it does help us!

Everyone stay strong this weekend and keep close to the Nest!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Tipple on your wedding!!:threesome: How did I not know that?! Don't be like me and actually have a photo in your wedding album of you in your dress glugging on a bottle of Champagne!

TGIF PEOPLE!! Just 5 1/2 more hours till quitting time.

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the wedding wishes. It's a very low key affair. I am very much in love with my Pepi-le-Peu Frenchman. He is so romantic and sweet (and this being said after knowing him for 12 years and being a couple for ten). We've drank our way into total bliss. Now I am trying to undrink myself into total serenity. For the past ten years every night has been a mini-celebration but lately it's turned into a mini-comotose session and I'm ready to face it all without numbing out.

Hope i'm over the hump and I hope you are all preparing for a sober weekend. Let's pour alot of green tea down our throats and call ourselves IRISH..
              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tipplerette;1281414 wrote: Let's pour alot of green tea down our throats and call ourselves IRISH..
                :H I love that idea!! I'm going to make myself a big cup the minute I get home to celebrate the start of St. Paddy's day weekend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Someone just came around passing out homemade Irish Creme Balls...is there alcohol in that? I took one bite before I realized there might be (Bailey's I think). I know when you cook with alcohol it supposedly evaportes, but as someone that has experienced the horrors of Antabuse and alcohol combined, I threw it away. Darn it, that one bite was delicious too! I'm sure I'm overreacting...ah well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Better to be safe than sorry. Too bad though cos Irish balls have always appealed to me.
                    Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

^^LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO:H:H:H:H:H:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooops I meant Irish Creme Balls... that's a horse of a different colour.
                        Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Too bad he wasn't passing out tall/dark/handsome/rich balls...I would have taken my chances on those.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bwahahaha! Libray and Tip! Get your minds out of the gutters! That was funny! I'm with you K9, just don't go there! Strength to all this weekend! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You guys are a riot:H

TGIF all - getting ready to watch Dream House.

Hey Library Girl - from your signature line I'm guessing you've seen the movie Hugo - is it really good? Now that I can sit and watch an entire movie (and even remember it the next day), I'm always on the lookout for good movies. Courageous, Dolphin Tale, and the Zoo were all pretty good IMO.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding Tip!

Happy St. Paddy's Day weekend Byrdie, K9, Mylife, and anyone else who drops in!
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

well this is day 2 of my hubby's AL recovery and it is going great......we are going out tonight to a bar with my parents for karaoke and first thing hubby said when my dad brought up alcohol was "no thank you, im only drinking soda tonight"!!!! To hear him say that makes me know that he is serious about wanting to kick the drinking habbit!!!!
                                :l Mrs. Leftwich :l

Comment

Working...
                                X