Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wicked and soon to be Lola and Windy!!! :shocked: I'm so proud of you I could pop! It just gets better from here on out, too. The journey between 6 months and a year is a good one. I'm soooo happy for you all! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie....go out and find yourself the very best cookie you can get your hands on....B
      (I'm not kidding, this will really help, and get one for someone else and give it to them for no reason)
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you everyone for the Welcome! I'll stop by daily and check in and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, I so feel you on the man thing! Hope you're managing to surf the urge ok x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry guys, thanks.
            I surfed. I'm ok now.
            It's a little scary how the warm weather and being outside, thinking of BBQs and such....hit me like a ton of bricks. Being on the deck, remembering everything I did. Said. The way I behaved. Yet it still calls me.

I am not giving in. It will not win.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This last set of posts - from everyone, since last aft/eve - are just so great! The 'voices of experience' re the re-living of Day One after succumbing to that 'just one...' And Nursie's rant - with which i so heartily agree! - all just good, good encouraging stuff.

I've had the little 'mod monster' trying to make its voice heard for the last couple days too. There was a half hour last nite that was waaay difficult, but I was trying to get our late dinner made and just didn't take time to heed what was being asked of me ('just one little drink...')

By the time I went to bed last nite - and esp when I woke this morning -- I was just so happy-happy with myself for managing to stay strong.

"Moderation" would be nice. But I'm trying to adjust to the idea that it is probably just a myth. After all, if I were successful at 'moderating'....I wouldn't be here (as I think was already said). And it's certainly not something I even want to consider in the near term.
              Tell me, what is it you plan to do
              with your one wild and precious life? - Mary Oliver

Comment

Newbies Nest

Late check in, been at work all day, really tired. Haven't had time to read the thread and catch up properly, but thought I'd better say "hi" and catch up tomorrow when more time as I finish earlier.
                Day 26 completed.
                Sausage x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters! Been feeling down today and don't know why. I kind of know why because it's a natural progession when your going past AL that there is these ups and downs. But wow...I just feel soo down today...no energy....just feel kind of deflated. You all got to give me some ups today Hope your all doing well! Love ya all!!
                  Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to be finally sitting & relaxing for a bit. Had a wild 13 hr long day with my grandsons ages 3 & 11 months. Fed them three meals, dressed them, played like crazy, bathed them & they are on the way home now - phew! Could I have done any of this if I was still drinking? Absolutely Not!!!

Nursie, what have you done to change your thinking about AL, break those old connections, etc?
                    That's exactly what the MWO Hypno CDs are for.......they help you rewire your brain, forge new pathways & let go of the old thinking
                    I highly suggest them to everyone - they worked great for me

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! Wicked, a big CONGRATS to you today!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning nesters.
                      my goal today is to NOT drink.
                      i am ready to start again. i'm trying very hard to be positive and not think about what could have been if i'd stuck to my guns a month ago. a whole month has gone by like nothing.
                      my plan is NO, hell no. i know what i have to do. i'm praying for strength. and i have tons of cookies.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sending some extra strength to you if you need it Lifechange. No need to think about the would have beens, time to live in the moment and do what you need to do now.
                        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Much love Lifechange x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings!

I haven't been on in a few days but I'm happy to report that tomorrow is my 30 day mark! I am finding that after 4 weeks of being AF, it is now becoming a lifestyle change and a habit to be AF...I am no longer pining for that drink afterwork. So, to all of you newcomers, it does get easier and you will feel and think more clearly once AL has been out of your body for a while. They say it takes 7 to 10 days for AL to really get out of your body. At that point, the physical addiction is over with...it's the psychological addiction that keeps us struggling, I think. They also say it takes 21 days to form a new habit, so, now at 29 days, I am really seeing the positive results of my new AF life and not really "craving" that drink every night. Although, as we know with AL, we can never forget our early days of sobriety and what brought us here in the first place!

I hope everyone is enjoying a healthy and wonderful morning/afternoon/evening wherever you land on the planet!
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange, Willow, Blonde, you guys are doing great!
                              Finallydone, hang in there buddy. The ups and downs are hard, particularly the downs but they level out. Keep doing the right thing and you can't go wrong.

Lav, I have changed everything. I got rid of toxic people in my life, changed my routines, take te supps, go to an addiction counselor, read everything I can get my hand on, journal, etc. I haven't tried the hypno CDs.

It's just that it hits me hard sometimes, that's all.

Hope everyone has a great day today. I'm off to the doctor for a physical. He should be thrilled with me lol. Healthy happy and sober.
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19
                              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy hump day

Lifechange, wishing you the best!
                                Be sure there is no AL in the house & make a vow to buy n more. I did that & here I am

Hi Allswell, Willow! Blondie looking good at nearly 30!!

Nurise, I was referring to making changes in thinking styles. You seem to be torturing yourself unecessarily. The CDs will help you think in more postive ways & maintain a sense of gratitude

Wishing a great AF day to one & alll!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X