Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Quite a dense fog over my portion of the nest again this morning. This has been a daily occurance for about a week - strange.

Paul, I'm not fully awake & I don't fully understand the point you're making............
    I do understand that you feel you are finding success with moderation. Perhaps you should move your post to the Montly Moderation section where others would be interested in your methods.
    The folks in the Newbies Nest are desperately trying to gather their first 30 AF days

Greetings to lola, lifechange, Willow, nursie & everyone
    Wishing a terrific AF Thursday to one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

swaggie;1284118 wrote:

Been plodding along about 60 days into sinclair method.

Daily drinking is faltering - had 2 AF days this week and my drinking is not so extreme.

But my wife and I have polished off two beautiful bottles of red wine tonight - stress gets blamed, but drinking $40 bottles of wine shouldnt have to be a privlege.

My wife just asked if the people on my mywayout internet group chant slogans and holy AA affirmations like they do on the 48hrs rehab.
      G'day Swaggie, great to see you here. I'm not sure if your post was meant for the Sinclair method/meds thread, but no worries, hope the method is making/will make a positive difference for you.

There's nothing beautiful about 2 bottles of red wine, or alcohol to me these days. For me it is poison, and a slow but sure suicide. It is a soul destroying, anxious and depressing, stressful decent into the hell that was my 24/7 addiction. That's where a 3 dollar or 100 dollar bottle will take me. But i now finally understand and accept this, and i am a relieved and very happy fella. There are probably as many ways out of alcohol abuse and/or addiction as there are people, and we must find what works for us, and this is part of the journey, whether this be AA, Smart recovery, meditation, religion, spirituality, exercise, medication, desert island, supplements/diet, golf, chanting, a combination of these things, it doesn't matter. I just take what i need, and leave the rest.

Now don't walk around with signs round your neck, and great work on your 2 days AF this week. Keep it going, and keep us posted on your journey. :goodjob:

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Lav!

Off to bed for this young whippersnapper now.

Have a good one, and kick some arse Nester's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree that one should do what works for them and sometimes it takes a while to figure that out! My hubby and I have had two bottles of wine over the course of a meal followed by watching a movie... Not necessary or healthy or conducive to our weight loss goals! My big problem has always been the occasions when I pop open a bottle of wine when home. I have stopped engaging in this type of drinking altogether and I haven't missed it. Went to a friend's the other night and had one glass of white. Last night had two glasses of red at dinner out. I am going to limit when I drink and how much I drink. If I fail.... I will reevaluate.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters! Just posted in the meds thread about Topamax. If any of you have taken it or still take it, please pm me, or post an answer to my question.:thanks:

Enjoying this Thursday, and looking forward to the weekend. I bought my father's old mini-van (he passed away in 2010), and it rides like a dream! So different from my Honda, lol. No children, but a 8 passenger mini-van, LOL.

Not sure what you're getting at either, Swaggie. It's great that you have $80 dollars a night to spend on alcohol, I guess. Sorry, I don't mean to sound ugly, but I don't really care to hear about AL being romanticized in the Nest.

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings!

What a georgeous early Spring day it is out there...I have already put a load of laundry out on the line for the first time all year...love the smell of line dried towels! It is supposed to be in the 80's today and it surely feels like it. Peeps, I am in Massachusetts and it is still March....HELLO! Love it!

Today marks the 30th day of my new sober life. I am feeling estatic...what more can I say? Newbies, when folks have been sober for quite a while and assure you the the road to sobriety is trully worth it, please heed those words. They are honest and so genuine! I am feeling that the floodgates of all the good I had been pushing away in my life from stupifying myself and poisioning my body is now gushing through and I cannot say enough positive things about my new freedom from AL. I wish the same for you all. Be good to yourselves and get sober!

Love and peace to everyone. Hope you have a beautiful, blessed, bright day!
              Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
              :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations BlondeAF!!!:yougo: Blonde has 30 days AF!!!!

I will be joining you tomorrow.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters. Just popping in to say Ello! So many pages to read back in and not enought time. Just to know I'm thinking of ya all. Keep strong.
                  MinStar. Ps 121 days! An pretty good at the moment. Though big birthday weekend this weekend :-( my friend has her 50th. Need to get clear in my head what I will say if asked about joy drinking. Any tips? Thinking of comig clean as they are pretty good friends. X

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks LG!!! I can't wait for you to join the 30 day club!!! You are doing great!!!
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters!

Is it just me or is this month FLYING by??? It feels like forever since I posted. Just read back 10 pages and there is so much going on here! I love a busy nest! Day 36 for me. I can't remember the last time I thought I would like a glass (or should I say bottle) of al. Am sleeping like a rock every night, which I love and could honestly use maybe another hour per night as I am feeling a little tired recently. The good news is that I think I will FINALLY get 2 days off of work next weekend. I have no idea what I will do, but I most def wont be drinking them away!

Blonde- CONGRATS on 30 days!!!!!! It feels good, doesn't it? You are doing awesome! Let's push for the next 30!

Kas- my friend, thanks for stopping by! I was so surprised to see your post as you are def not a newbie! I hope you can hang around cause I think that you will have a lot of great advice for us newbies. How are you doing?

Sorry nesters, I am out of time...story of my life. Hope you are all doing well! Sending you positive vibes!
                      "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                      Goal 1- 3 days al free
                      Goal 2- 7 days al free
                      Goal 3- 1 month al free
                      Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Blonde!!!! You rock girl!!! :band2:

And LG is right behind you....Wow! Good things are happening in here!!!

Swaggie - I was not sure what the point of your post was either, that you are able to afford $80 a night for wine, or that you've been having lots of sex? No offense, I guess I have to agree with LibraryGirl, those of us in the Nest are not looking for the "up" side of drinking. But please keep posting, you are always welcome here.

Last night I was the recipient of some drunk texts from my ex-boyfriend, woke up to 5 of them (which I didn't even hear because I was sleeping so good). The were to the effect of "I'll always love you, we should be together, etc, etc" This guy has been married for almost 7 years, and I DID have a hell of time getting over him, but I can thankfully say that I finally am. I'm just glad I was not drinking, or it would have turned into a text war with me waking up sobbing this moring, with a hangover and puffy eyes, regretting the whole night. I'm just so thankful to be where I am at now, as opposed to where I was a year ago!

Well 2 more days of work then the weekend...yay! I need to rake my front yard, but I promise not to do it in my pajamas at 12am in the rain this time (like I used to drunkenly do) LOL

You all have a great day!

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K9!! BTW, congrats to you on 90 days!!! k9 has 90 days AF

I know you are grateful that you were AF when you got those texts. What fools we make of ourselves on AL, especially when it comes to LURVEEEE.:H

Hope you have a wonderful Thursday...Maybe I'll send you some "raking pjs" for your 120 days!!:rofl2:

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LG - Simmer down there lady. LOL I will not have 90 days until Sunday! But I will take as many kudos as you want to throw my way! LOL - The REAL party doesn't happen until day 120, because that will be a FIRST for me!!! So 120...here I come!!
                            Oh yes, those Raking Jammies sound exactly like what I need! No more showing me arse off to me neighbors. LOL (They will thank you!)
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blonde, that's awesome! Well done.

Had a good day today. Went to the local pond and caught a frog for my DD to take to school tomorrow for show and tell. She's named it Lily, bless her but I've told her not to get too attached cos it's going straight back tomorrow after school!

My DH said a lovely thing - he said that when I'm sober, I'm the most amazing mother. He said the dedication and effort I put into the kids is incredible ... I think that's the nicest compliment I've ever had. He's right, the kids are my world and when I'm not drinking, I have so much energy and teach them so much. Even when I'm drinking, they're never neglected but I loosen up and don't enforce boundaries so much, so they walk all over me. Then the following day when I'm hungover, I'm tired and snappy - poor things probably don't know whether they're coming or going. That's not the type of mother I want to be, so I'm so glad to be doing this.

Have a good evening y'all x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Drat. I posted like half an hour ago and it's not showing up. Anyway, congratulations on everyone meeting their goals!!

I drank last week and was too embarrassed to post. I have been lurking every day though. Seven days has never been this hard... it really speaks to the fast progression of the disease since I'm 28 and didn't even drink heavily until a little less than two years ago.

But I'm back in the nest on day 4! I posted a few questions in Holistic Healing, and I'd love it if any of you have answers...

Have a great day, all!

Comment

Working...
                                X