Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Blondie!!! Woot-Woooot! Here is your 30 day hat!! ::bday3: I am so glad you came back and have settled in for the long haul...You are doing great!
    K9...may I also say, that you sound like a different person from almost 90 days ago...I think that you have hit your stride, and with each passing day you sound stronger and more determined...I am so happy for you! Uncharted territory...we are all in it now!!
    Pocket, I could be sitting here with a date on my byline of a whole year sooner if I had gotten my act together sooner...but it is what it is...and you are here now with 4 big days under your belt. At 7 days we will toot a horn for you, but you gotta do 30 days to get the official hat. You can do it...it just takes a few good AF days to get your stride back...and hopefully realizing that no good comes from AL....not for us.
    Great job everyone! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's a beautiful day on my side of the nest!
      Getting all kinds of productive things done today.
      Congratulations on 30 days Blonde!
      K9- I can picture you in your raking pjs, lol.
      Willow- that is the best feeling in the world isn't it? When our true identity is able to shine because it's not clouded by Al.

Someone asked me about my brother, i forget who. Yes, we gave addressed it many times. He has had a DWI and 2 bad accidents. He wrecked his Harley and was in ICU for 6 weeks with almost 30 fractures and required numerous surgeries. He has quit unsuccessfully several times but I continue to encourage him and I showed him this site. He is intrigued that I have been sober all this time. I tell him how much better my life is, how healthy I feel and how I deal with (waning) cravings.

Hopefully I am setting a good example for him and he will tire of that exhausting lifestyle. It all leads straight to hell and I hated living in hell.

To everyone in the nest, have a wonderful day!
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

congrats to all of you meeting your goals!!
        i am at the end of day 2, getting ready to fall into bed.
        a good night to you all and until tomorrow....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Not had much time to read and post these last couple of days. But still around and now on day 28 ( 4 weeks ago tonight I took my last drink!) Blonde huge congrats on your 30 days. Willow you are sounding so strong today . K9 wow, almost at the 90mday mark, look 4ward to celebrating that with you on Sunday. Hi to everyone else too. Must get something to eat, but I'll catch up on this and other threads properly later.

Have a great AF day

Sausage x
          Day 28

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, you're doing so great. Have you noticed huge changes in yourself? Did I tell you I got that film you suggested? I'm saving it for tomorrow night - I have my friends' children tomorrow so 4 kids in total and once they go home, I usually reach for the wine to de-stress after a long day. The film will keep me on track, although you're right, I feel pretty strong right now.

Nursie, that's so sad about your brother. I hope he comes out the other side soon x

I got my Jason Vale book in the post today so I can't wait to get on with that later. Take care everyone x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Well it took all day but the sun finally came out
              Spent a nice afternoon with my daughter & grandaughter - perfect!

Pocket, sorry about your fall but glad you hopped right back in the nest. Use the nest belts this time

Greetings to everyone checking in today & wishes for a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Blondie, great job on 30 days!!! I'm very happy for you.

Pocket, please don't stay away from here if you really want those 7 days! Nobody here wants you to feel like you don't belong. The important thing is that you are back here now and this is a chance!
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!

Nursie- I am sorry about your brother too. He sounds quite similar to my younger brother, except that my brother is 2 years sober now at age 28. My brother's girlfriend gave him an ultimatum....me or the booze. Since this was his first serious relationship he opted for the girl. He turned his life completely around and a year ago I can honestly say he was doing the best in every aspect of life out of us 3 children. His addiction was out of control, drinking a 6 pack of beer every morning before noon even hit, and he knew it. He quit all on his own with no medical help, no supplements, but only by sheer determination. He inspired me to stop drinking. I hope that your brother will follow in your foot steps, start checking out this site, and stop drinking too.

It just goes to show us that by us not drinking, whether we realize it or not, we are also helping others out there who want to stop as well. We are proof that it can be done.

Everyone is doing great! Gotta get to work. Sending you all positive energy!
                  "When you know better, you do better"

AF- February 16, 2012
                  Goal 1- 3 days al free
                  Goal 2- 7 days al free
                  Goal 3- 1 month al free
                  Goal 4- 3 months al free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again Nesties! Three posts in one day! I think I'm becoming a bit annoying around here.:H Tomorrow marks my 30 days progress AF. I am still emotional about it, and cannot read my own posts aloud to my bf without crying. When you think about it, 30 days is barely a drop in the water compared to a lifetime of AL.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by my harsh posts to some of the newcomers. I realize that I've taken a hard line in my advice sometimes, and maybe it's time to step back. I guess every time I've faltered I really NEEDED someone to bang me upside the head and say, "Look you damned FOOL! Here's your sign. If you're going to drink, knowing what you KNOW, just wear a fucking STUPID sign around your neck.":H:H

However, that's not the way it works for most people, or at least not all people. I hope I haven't made anyone run like hell in the opposite direction because of anything I have said. If any of you think I ever say something out of line, please call me on it.

Love to All!:h

"I like people too much or not at all."
                    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, I'm going to earn my seven day toot and my party hat as well, so get ready! I am using my nest belts this time, Lav, for sure. And I am sticking around, Pinecone. I really can't stray long from the nest (especially now that I'm all strapped in ).

I will post again tomorrow. Tonight, I will watch a funny movie, eat a little snack, drink the HELL out of my coconut water, and go to bed like a good girl.

Congrats, LG!! Thirty days IS a big deal. What are you going to do to celebrate?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Pocket, and welcome back! I think wearing a Nestie belt is probably a good idea. I'm buckling mine as I type. Ouch!:H

I don't know what I'm doing to celebrate. I would love to go to see "The Hunger Games", but it will be so crowded (I read all the books last year before it was even in the works as a movie). Whatever I do, I won't be drinking, lol. You have any suggestions?

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl, your opinion and advice are every bit as valuable as anyone elses! Don't censor yourself if it's how you truly feel. The cool thing about this site is that there is something for everyone and what you say may be the thing that works for someone. Nobody gets sober with one method. So we all need eachother to be a buffet of experience, strength and hope.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober night in the nest...sprinkles sober dust....
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, LG, my girlfriend loves the books, too. She will be in line for the first showing and is extremely excited! I'm not sure what you could do... but I think it should involve some favorite foods for sure. Maybe a date? I'm not sure what the weather's like where you are, but it might be nice to spend some time outside relaxing. Whatever you decide, let us know!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on 7 days Pocket!
                              I have yet to read the Hunger Games books... I will have to download them!
                              Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings everyone!

Librarygirl -- Congratulations on day 30! I knew you could do it -- now on to 60! I haven't been even slightly annoyed with any of your posts -- I always look forward to seeing them. And thanks for the compliment -- don?t think anyone has ever said they want to be me when they grow up! :nutso: Maybe I can be Lav or Byrdie when I grow up then?! LOL.

Hi Lola -- no worries about missing my party -- I?m still having it -- and looking forward to yours too! Hope you do something fun -- you deserve it!

Well, just want to say CONGRATS to Blonde for her 30 days and Sausage for 4 weeks -- good going girls!

Nursie -- I hope your brother can turn things around like Canadian Gal?s did. Mine didn?t and now he?s not alive. It?s such a waste -- and so sad I can?t even bear to tell his story.

Now, have to get to bed so I can read my book -- have been watching the news and would like to get something more pleasant in my head before I go to sleep?

Sweet Dreams!
                                AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Working...
                                X