Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congrats Librarygirl on 30 days!! great going!
    and a belated Congrats to you, Blondie on your 30 and to you, Wicked mom on your many, many days! looks like half a year!

my goal for this 3rd day is NOT to drink.
    i poured out the last of the "reserve" wine so there is nothing in the house.
    after work i will go up to the garden to pull out the deadies from last year. i'm way behind on all of this.
    then i will fetch a nice film to watch at home. and cook a yummy dinner.
    i am staying stong and sending you all strength.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' Glories!!!

LIBRARY GIRL HAS 30 DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodjob: I am passing my 30 day hat over to you my friend! Well done! Go and do something nice for yourself today!

Thanks to all who mentioned me in their posts with the 30 day congrats, it really means a lot to me :l I could not have done it without you. And yes, Brydie, I am so glad I came back here a month ago and started posting...it really makes a world of difference. If I ever write a book on my getting sober (seriously thinking of it someday as I continue to get stronger and stronger), I am going to mention MWO as a valuable tool in one's path and success to sobriety!

Wow, there have been so many milestones this week and to start us off on next week, our very own K9 will have 90 days to blaze the way!!! Here's to you K9 as you reach that 90 day finish line. Must feel great!

I am going for another 30 days Canadian Gal...you betcha! I adjusted my auto signature this morning (took me almost 1/2 an hour to do it with fonts and colors...geesh!) but on April 21st, I will be at 60 days. This time last year was when I faltered. We were on our vacation in Jamaica this same exact week in 2011 and I was coming off of a 70 day sober period, only to cave in when we got to rumland. Sigh. But that is the past and now I am back on track!

Well, gotta get on the move to work. Have a great day all and keep working towards your goals...whether it be 1 day, 7 days, a month or a year and so on! Each day is beautiful and remarkable. Look for miracles...they are all around you!:h
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange, it sounds like you?ve given it some thought and come up with a solid plan?Great Job on getting through the first 3 ? cause I Know you?re going to do it.

Library Girl ? what nursie said. Some need a slap up side the head and some need plain old support, and some need specific guidance as to what to do?I think that might be an important part of this ? to figure out what works for you in that regard and seek it out. I wouldn?t respond to in your face ?what the hell were you thinking?? stuff and it would have made me run away and probably drink more! I was looking for specific thing that I could do to make the latest attempt more successful than the previous one, so I identified with those that were providing that and looked for my answers. Congratulations to you on 30 days!!!!! :l

Pocket, welcome back ? stay close! Let us know what your gf thinks of the movie...I will probably wait until the teenagers have thinnned out a little before I attempt to go...:H

Hey CG ? I love the story about your brother. I wonder how many people are out there that really want to stop or at least are bothered by the amount that they drink -? And you are plugging right along, I am a little hit and miss here and can't remember if I congratted you on 30 days....but :goodjob: on 37!?

Wicked, ?I hope your brother can turn things around like Canadian Gal?s did. Mine didn?t and now he?s not alive. It?s such a waste -- and so sad I can?t even bear to tell his story.? I?m so sorry?.......it?s stories like this that send shivers right into my soul. I do believe that it would have soon been my family saying things like that about me?

Sausage, congrats on 4 weeks! And Blondie ? woohoo on your 30 day milestone!!!!!

Willow that is a lovely thing to hear from your DH?everything you said - hang onto that motivation ? it is one of the driving forces (ONE of) in me not taking a drink. That is a a post to ?flag? and come back to in moments of weakness. :l

K9 raking :lol3:

Minstar ? hey! You sound better now?121 (well, now 122!) days is amazing! I?ve lately been a little more candid in my explanations for not drinking?.at first, I just threw anything out there?.but lately, with more certainty that I don?t plan to drink again ? I am throwing out comments like ?I don?t know when to quit when I get started ? so I just don?t anymore??.coming clean sounds like a great plan.

I hope everybody has a good plan for a great weekend....I had a few moments of unexplained anger yesterday afternoon...and the first thing I thought of was drinking....so even mad (it was probably quite a sight) I was stuffing food in my face and opening a selzer and drinking it. It cured any blood sugar issues I might have been having, took my mind off drinking, and I got over it...there might always be things that trigger those thoughts i guess...
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Friday

CONGRATS to LG on 30 AF days :yay:
          Keep going, you'll love the results

Wishing everyone a terrific aF day. I'm hoping to get a whole lot of outside work done today!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations LG on your 30 days, and hi to everyone else

BlondeAF keep going. -you sound strong right now. Before you know it you'll be past that day 70 marker, I understand why you are especially keen to get past it, and for K9 the 120 days, for me i am especially keen to get past day 257 ( I caved on day 258 last time!) as then I really will be on unknown territory and past where I failed last time.

Today is day 29 for me, must go, lots of tidying up ready for the weekend, already been swimming and completed a load of ironing. I definitely have much more energy.

See you later
            Sausage x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' Sunshines!
              Congratulations LG on 30 days!! You are doing a phenomenal job and have a great way with words. Keep up the good work!

Wicked, I'm so sorry about your brother. Thank you for sharing that and I hope my brother will change his heart before that happens. It's a fear I live with every day.

CG- I hope so too. Your brother and all of you here with me give me hope.

Sausage- you will fly right through 257 and leave it in the dust with lonely tumble weeds rolling by that day!

K9 must still be raking... Lol

Everyone else, enjoy the day!
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends!

Library Girl, congratulations on your 30 days!! I have really appreciated your honesty about when you were struggling, but you made it!! I think it is important to post with honesty, because we don't know who is at their computer feeling the same way, and our posts will resonate with that person.

Lolab, I know what you mean about "coming clean" with people. I have done this with a few closer co-workers, just because I don't feel bad or embarassed about telling them the truth. When I was still drinking, I would meet or hear about people that had either quit or just didn't drink, and I always thought how much I would like to quit. It was just another form of gentle pressure that was encouraging me to go totally AF.

Canadian Gal, I liked that story about your brother. He sounds like a good egg!

So many people here are making their goals and it is wonderful!
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

:danthin::danthin::danthin:30 days!!!:yougo::yougo::yougo:

Hee hee hee he!!!!!!!! Thanks Everyone for your congratulatory wishes!!!

Loving life today, and looking forward to celebrating tonight!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                  Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Library Girl...it is with great pleasure and pride, that I give you your 30 day hat....:man: (this is the original hat that I used to give out, they keep changing the icons!!) I'm so proud of you. Did you ever think you'd get 30 days in? I know sometimes when I think of my AF time it seems sureal...we are really DOING it! And it feels good...it's the best gift we can give ourselves. I love your style of posting..if we've got nothing else here in this place, we must have honesty...and it's hard to do sometimes..there is a fine line between support and enabling, I think we do a great job of differentiating...but I am extremely biased!
                    Just look at all the success that happens in this little nest! I am so happy to see the victories...Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties,

I thought I'd take a break from my raking and check in and see how everyone is doing today! Blonde and LG a HUGE congrats on your 30 days!!! It keeps on getting better and better, so hang in there!

I went home for lunch yesterday and ended up staying there, I think I have a touch of a stomach bug or something, my stomach is stiill upset and I feel really tired, but figured I shouldn't call in again...so here I am.

I actually did treat myself to something for my 90 days even though I said I wasn't going to (and no, it's not a new rake). I bought some of my favorite facial products from eBay, I got an excellent deal on a "lot", which means about 19 products. Now for my next goal....stay off of eBay! lol

Hi Nursie, Sausage, Pinecone, Lav, Byrdie, Lolab, Life, Wicked and anyone else I may have missed. Happy Friday!!! Stay strong over the weekend!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for my hat Byrd. I hope I don't get that green around the gills, though.

Thanks again everyone for the support!!! I could not have made it without you!!!:l:h

Hope you feel better soon K9!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

LG - That's a mighty fine lookin' hat you got there! So Miss LG, what are your plans this weekend? Are you celebrating? I'm sorry if I didn't read back far enough. Treat yourself to something special! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Nesters
                            Gee, congratulations to you Library Girl for your 30 days!!! And good job to everyone else who is trying. What a great support system this place is! Stay strong!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! I'm feeling really good this evening. It's day 5 and I'd normally be climbing the walls by now but today I'm completely not. The desire to drink has totally gone. I'm sure it won't always be this easy but right now I feel free. It's weird, but hey, I'm not going to knock it!

Went to my DD's school disco this evening, they have a licence to serve AL and most of the parents have a couple of drinks. I didn't bat an eyelid over it this evening - usually I'd have a couple, then stop off for a bottle on the way home. Tonight I just had coke and danced with DD and her friends - it was awesome.

I started the Jason Vale book too this evening - I'm loving it, it makes so much sense to me. I said to DH he should read it after me, even though he's teetotal cos it'll be good to help him get inside my head kind of thing. It'll be interesting to see what he thinks!

Take care and talk soon x

Comment

Newbies Nest

OUR NURSIE NEEDS US!

She posted in the ASAP section that she's on the verge of giving in. Let's get over there and help her through this! :h:h

Comment

Working...
                                X