Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congrats on 30 days Sausage!!!!:goodjob: That's so wonderful! I'm tired as hell, as I've been working at the flea market all day...would have found you a great smilie and a big 30, but the thought's there.

Pocket, I'm glad you sorted things with your gf. It sounds like you two have a great relationship. I know what you mean about it being easier to slip without her around. I know I would have already slipped if my bf didn't live with me.

Hi to all the other Nesters, and don't think I don't think of each of you personally because I do, every day.:h

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy 30 days Sausage!
      Thank you my Nestlings for all of your concern and positive vibes. You all mean the world to me.
      I didn't go over the edge, I didn't like what was going to happen if I continued. I am no worse for the wear and I have a new perspective on cravings and crisis.

Lav, I can't fight my addiction with logic any more than I can fight my Dad's cancer or my son's asthma with logic. Last night, everything came to a head. I did what used to be normal and fought my way out of it. I am not ashamed or sorry. It is part of my tapestry of healing and reprograming.

I found a saying that I really like and I relate it to alcohol. "Whatever doesn't kill me; HAD BETTER START RUNNING".

Everyone have a safe and sober night in the nest and I'm sprinkling some extra special sparkly sober dust for all of us.
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Anyone up for a chat?

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to everyone here. I haven't been around this board for a bit but have remained AF since I began at the start of the year. April 1st will make it 3 months. I am here tonite b/c my mind is beginning to play tricks on me and is using the deceptive tactic of trying to make me think that I will be o.k. to drink again somewhere down the road. I haven't felt much like coming around the boards since I started the Klonopin taper Feb 1st. I have gone from 1 mg. daily to .5 daily and figure around mid to late May to be free of it after 12 years. I know that in order to be free of the benzo drug I must not drink or it will be impossible to complete the taper. I've had to lay off the coffee as well to keep anxiety in check. It's not a mission impossible just a difficult thing to do. Now is the time when I have to reach deep and prove to myself I have the reserves to beat back the mental chatter that the idea of drinking can be entertained. Last nite I had a dream that I drank. I won't drink but my mind is playing with me. I plan on beginning an exercise routine next week and visiting here more often to keep my focus where it needs to be. ~ Anyway ~ best to everyone ~ wishing health and strength to all

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2
            :hitme:
            Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2. Glad to read all of your posts.
              :hitme:
              Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why won't my phone let me chat
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

aww

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, Hypernova & mimi, welcome back to all of you!
                    Strap yourselves in & stay put in the nest for a while

Nursie, glad you are back as well.
                    I think a bit of logic is needed in this battle. Accepting that you can no longer drink safely & that AL absolutely will not make anything better is a big part of the battle. Taking drinking off the table as an option is wise & helps you meet your goals.

Hope everyone has a safe night in the nest.
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

i don't know why it's so difficult for me to get past these first few days this time. i don't have any particular triggers and i don't end up drinking so much, but i feel it's getting worse and my self confidence goes down with each failed attempt. it's like i'm setting myself up. i've been reading lots of other threads and i really want to have 30 days free of alcohol. i guess i've always had moderation as an option in the back of my mind and i'm realizing that if i can't even stop for 3 days, let alone 30, moderating is def. not possible. i know a lot of you have said that you drank the most during those days of moderation.
                      i am going to read back on all of my old posts and then make a new plan.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again everyone, welcome Hypernova, good to see you back Nursie.

Life change - moderating definitely wasnt possible for me, it made alcohol seem "so precious" I just wanted it even more. And on the days I drank, I consumed more. Also it ruined / consumed every single day.....I'd either be thinking;
                        Today is a miserable / difficult day because I'm not going to let myself drink today
                        Or today I can drink......so how much, ( mental turmoil'. When do I stop?)
                        Or yesterday I drank ( felt rough, guilty ) and so even considered drinking again the next day because, well I did it yesterday so why not......

Sure you get the picture! Have a read around, come back with a plan and why don't you check into the AF Daily thread where you will meet a great bunch of people who will inspire you to stay AF each day.

Willow - whilst I'm desperate to find out what you think of that film ( When a man loves a woman - starring Meg Ryan, it's about an alcoholic mother) I agree that keeping it in your toolbox for a time when you feel less strong, is probably a very sensible strategy.

Must go, lots of jobs to do before I can hopefully get out with the kids this pm as it s a gorgeous spring day here. Going to make a sausage casserole ( no jokes please!) to put in crock pot / slow cooker, for this eve.

Hi to everyone I've not mentioned. Have a great day, and thanks again for all the congratulatory messages I got yesterday. Couldn't have done it without you all.....now on with the next 30 days!

Sausage
                        Day 31

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to add, I've posted a question about the advantages v the disadvantages of counting numbers of AF days in the General Section. Newbies might find this of interest and I'd love to know what some of you long term abstainees think too.

Sausage x
                          Day 31 ( or should I be counting now!?)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Mimi?it?s very nice to see you again.

Jane, glad to see you posting again, too?.Did you get your share of that sparkly sober dust lastnight? :l

Belle, I?m really happy to see your post, too. And seeing you sound so strong. Just remember after that party today ? once you make it to the end of it, what?s the point of drinking then? You?ve already got the perfect stage for relaxing?.everyone?s gone, everyone?s tired ? just put your feet up or hop in the tub and feel relief that the party?s over and you?re going to feel great tomorrow.

Byrdie, Byrdie, Byrdie?.you always make me laugh.:H

Nursie, You turned things around after taking that first step into the rabbit hole?.not an easy thing to do. But you kept your head and thought your way through it and learned from it.

Hi Hyper ? it sounds like you?ve got some positive changes to look forward to in the next few months?You have some important goals and are doing the necessary things to achieve them. Post your feelings lots ? it really helps.

Hey lifechange ? did you make a new plan?

Sausage, I didn?t read your other post but I will?not sure what I think about counting days. I think it helped me for awhile?.

I didn't address lots of peoplet this AM....i have already over done my morning computer time by a half hour - I HAVE to get off my butt and I put a time limit on myself today....
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Cloudy skies over my portion of the nest again but at least it's not raining at the moment

Lifechange, I had to honestly get myself to the point of 'not wanting to drink' more than I wanted to drink. Taking drinking, as an option completely off the table is what finally did it for me. Yes, it does take a leap of faith but you can do it if you really want to...

Counting days for me has always been a positive reinforcement
                              I also have a daily count going on quitnet for not smoking & today is day 1041 for that. Helps keep me motivated I think!

Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Sunday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lifechange-- I really relate. It's frustrating to feel like one is failing over and over again. I, too, have had trouble keeping my self-confidence up. I think it's really important to stop that negative chatter, though, and focus on the progress we are making. If you weren't putting forth so much effort, would you have drank more this month than you did? I know I would have. Keep at it!

Nursie-- I love what you wrote about it all being a part of your healing/ reprogramming tapestry. I admire your attitude!

Hyper-- It's awesome that you are being so self-aware and pro-active about where you are at. Can't wait to hear your reflections!

So I made it to day 7! Finally! Last night I had two close friends over. Haven't hung out with them in weeks and weeks. One brought tiny shooters of vodka and soda and made herself a drink. I drank a lot of tea.

Good morning Sausage, LG, Lav, LoLab, and everyone else! Hope you have a great Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                                X