Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, was doing so well - but sorry to say I succumbed on Thursday, 2 days before my 3 week mark. Such a waste of time!!! (the time spent drinking, I mean)
    But, I am not defeated, and still feel ready to keep going. Normally would not come back here so quickly but I do not want to go down that hole again!!!
    I had a particularly messy day, coupled with the height of PMT, got screamed at by a stranger and cried and there we go......as I know from the past, these are not my reasons, they are my 'excuses'. Just have to keep being honest with myself. So I am getting myself geared up for a fresh start with no looking back!

Enough about me though!
    Lav, congratulations on your 3 year anniversary!!!! Delighted for you!!!
    Your constant support on this site has helped many of us come back after a slip, continue through struggles, and look forward to living that sober life. You are hope and inspiration and love all wrapped up in Lav. Thank you and have a great day!!!!!!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you for coming straight back Daisy - you could've just said there's no point now, you've ruined it etc but you've got straight back on it. And no matter if you fell off - its still a huge achievement.

I'm outside in the sun - it is HOT! DD at school, DS at preschool - I was going to gym it but it's just too nice to be stuck indoors!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 3 years, Lav!!!:award: Your dedication to this site is incredible. There are so many you have helped find the way, myself included. Thank you for your unshakable support and guidance.
        Willow and Pocket, here is your 7 day horn toot (a day late!)...:bday3: You've conquered every single day the week can throw at you and survived...so just rinse and repeat!
        Welcome new newbies and old newbies...make this a great AF week! XO, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:cheering::cheering: CONGRATS ON 6 AF MONTHS LOLA :cheering::cheering:
          You are doing great

Daisy, keep trying.....never give up trying, OK?
          I know we can all be successful, we just have to want it bad enough
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh geez you guys - thanks! Lav I posted in your other thread this morning...(actually I got up to pee at 12:05 last night and thought about posting to you, but didn't feel like waiting to turn my phone on... but the thought was there!:H)

Thanks for remembering Jane :l

Sometimes, it all seems like just words on the computer screen...."it gets easier" "you have to want to NOT drink more than you want TO drink..." ...all the little things I've heard and sometimes even rolled my eyes at... it really is true. I used to struggle so much to come home without vodka. I would sometimes even drive back up to the liquor store and wrestle with myself all over again...and then feel that little excitement in my stomach when I got home with it....told myself, this bottle, I'll just have a little here and there and not over do it...but I'd open it up right when I got home and start in.

To learn to live without it all day every day - at the point that I had gotten - is one thing....that part was going to kill me - and soon. But the "other" learning - to live without drinking to cope with stress and anger - and in social situations - is another story. And one that up until very VERY recently - I doubted that I would ever get comfortable with. I still do sometimes. I'm not perfect - I was a mess...and now some might think I've gotten obsessive about other things (just got back from container shopping to "organize" stuff) - but at this point I"m not surprised by anything.

i've gone through so many "phases" in this process, that every weird thing I start to do, or every shitty way I start to feel, I just try to chalk it up to yet another "phase" which will have a beginning and an end. I can't keep organizing forever - at SOME point Ill have to be done, won't I? :H

So if anyone out there's contemplating quitting, I think the 26th is a pretty great day to start, don't you Lav?
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

I just had to pop in and say CONGRATULATIONS LAV!!! You are awesome!!!

Lolab - thanks for the very nice and thought provoking post. I am also going through phases and posts like yours make the path much easier. Thank you! :thanks:

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF Monday! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav:Congratulations on 3 big whole years!!! :yougo::yougo::yougo: You are truly awesome, treat yourself like the :crowned: you are today

Lolab: 6 months ain't nuthin' to sneeze at either. You're doing it like a rock star (well, not literally, cuz we know how they are...but you know what I mean)
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dropping in to say Congratulations to Lav! On way to work, so no time to do a fancy post, but just to express extreme gratitude for all the help I have received in the last year - I am definatley in a different place than when I found this site - and it IS a better place thats for sure.:thanks:
                  LoLab - congratulations to you as well - Lav can help keep me on track, but you can be my role model - I am not able to aim for 3 years just yet, but I can aim for six months!!:goodjob:
                  Day 8 today, I do like sober Mondays!
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin' Nesties!

Wow, it's been a busy nest this weekend. I am so happy for everyone that has hit milestones...congratulations! For those of you picking yourselves up and starting over, the important thing is you are doing it. Jump right back in and join us. Nobody ever got this right on their first (or maybe 100th) time, the point is, you only lose when you quit fighting. So never quit quitting!

I had a relaxing (rainy) weekend. My daughter went to see The Hunger Games on Friday night, and once again I was able to go pick her up at 11:30pm! I'm thankful for everytime I am now "available" to her when in the past I wasn't. Then Saturday she stayed the night at a friends, which, in the past, would have been my ticket to get completely wasted. Instead, I gave myself a facial, colored my hair, polished my nails and watched 2 movies (that I actually remember the ending to!). Although I didn't make it to church on Sunday (stomach flu...STILL), at least I wasn't hungover and filled with anxiety, and the G/R/S Brothers were nowhere to be seen!

And now it's Monday morning (ugh) but I'm feeling better and thankful to be sober (day 91!). I'm thinking of each of you and sending you strength!

K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, I posted to you on another thread also, but CONGRATULATIONS! again. You're the best! Thanks so much for being here.

And, Lola, 6 months is fantastic. Well done girl!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I haven't been on all weekend because I have been busy at work, and I just signed on to see what was going on. I'm so glad to see Lavande's and Lolab's amazing milestones! I think you are both fantastic, and I'm so glad you are both here!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

With all the excitement of Lav's 3 years I nearly missed another massive milestone celebrated today;

Lolab - huge congratulations on your 6 months, a fantastic achievement, I am so pleased for you. And thank you too for all the support you've given me over the last 4 weeks.

Hope everyone else is OK - just off to cook my evening meal, will check back later before bed

Comment

Newbies Nest

scottish lass (and everyone else for that matter),

I did not start this journey with a goal of 3 years AF!
                            I started like the rest of you, one day at a time & had the bite the bullet until I reached 30 - I really did. But then I figured if I can do that I can can do more, much more. So can all of you, I know that
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - you were one of the people to congratulate me on my 6 months AF in 2009. You'd completed 7 weeks at that point. I look back sometime at early posts of long term achievers in the early days to see how they found it at the beginning. If I'd kept going then I'd have over 3 years now, but I didn't and it makes me sad. 32 days sounds doesn't sound very much but as they say a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step. I agree we shouldn't try and look to far ahead, just one day at a time and watch those days add up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab!! You at YOU sneaking in under the radar screen! And if it's 6 months for you, it must be for Windy, too! I saw her around here earlier! I am so happy for you! :applaud: There is an awful lot of good that comes out of this little place of ours...for me, it was the answer...and continues to be. So glad that you are part of it, too. You are definately a nest anchor! Well done to you, and many more milestones to come! Love you, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X