Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Heya Nest!
    Welcome Honey and congrats on 10 days Sujo.
    I remember When I thought 5 days was an eternity.

Oh snap Greys is on and it looks good! I can't stay lol.

And you know what I noticed since being sober? I care about the news and current events. Like I have matured or something bizarre like that....

Anyway, sprinkling sober dust for all....have a great sober night!!
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing a flyby nest check

Congrats to Honey, sujo, Kaizen & everyone making great progress!
      Kaizen, I'm the old one here........ my kids are 35 & 31 & I have 3 grandkids

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest & let's get the weekend plans nailed down!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

sujo;1288220 wrote: Today is day 10 for me.
        Way to go Sujo! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gah, I can't sleep. I was just lying here thinking about today and all the stuff I have to do. Got DD's Easter assembly this morning, then DS's preschool are doing Easter activities so will go there for an hour. Then got to do the food shopping, home for lunch, pick up DD and her friend from school - early finish today as its the last day before the holidays. Her friend's coming back with us for a few hours to play and have dinner, I need to clean the house cos my folks are coming tomorrow for a few days .... Argh! The list goes on!

I was just thinking about being in the supermarket and visualised the AL aisle. The thought actually made me feel quite revolted and queasy. If I can feel that way now, why the cravings yesterday? I hope it doesn't happen again today - although DH brought home 4 boxes of juice and 4 litres of sparkling water last night so I think that will keep me going! I ran out yesterday, maybe that's why I felt bad.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope everyone's ok - onto day 12 for me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's nearly 11am here and I really want to drink. What the hell is wrong with me? I never crave this early. Day 12 - this is meant to get better, not worse.

Messages a friend this morning - he got drunk last night. He said last week he should really quit but he's still doing it. He told me well done and to keep going being AF. Part of me feels pissed off because it's so hypocritical for him to say that, part of me is jealous that he has 'head in the sand syndrome' and is carrying on drinking and part of me is pleased and proud that I'm taking the power back. I am SO confused and it's going to be a long day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Willow - are you doin ok? Now byrdie will tell you about magic day #13. Lots of people seem to have trouble around day 12 and then turn a corner on #13~ - anyway - it IS getting better - this is an expected effort on behalf of the voice of AL - to try to get you back. Once you make it through this, you will be that much stronger!
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really? Oh good, I thought I was just being pathetic! I feel near tears here!

I've been out all morning and just got in. So so tired from not sleeping well all week and my head is absolutely banging. Got a pint of coke here for some sugar cos haven't eaten a great deal yet today. I would love a nap and to just relax and read my Jason Vale book for some perspective, but I need to pick up DD and her friend in an hour and I have stuff to do before that. I'm really not in the mood to be looking after other people's children today but heigh ho. AND I've buggered up the delivery time for my shopping to be delivered - it's a 2 hour slot but it needs to arrive early on within that window or I have no idea what to do for dinner!

I've been telling myself that the problem would still be the same if I got wine AND the tiredness/headache would be even worse tomorrow, not to mention the emotional side of things. I just got to push through until 7pm and get the kids in bed so I can rest.

Comment

Newbies Nest

You've had a couple of tough days Willow. Just remember that just because the cravings don't seem to be letting up right now - it is a PHASE. It will end. And just because you have cravings doesn't mean you have to act on them. I remember getting almost frenzied at that point - finding a reason to head out the door to buy alcohol.....Like I HAD to right that moment. What you have to remember is to take it one minute at a time. Right now, find somethign that needs to be done, and do it....and then something else....and something else...

Will you have to live the rest of your life like this? Constantly diverting your attention from alcohol? NO! Could we all do it, if those thoughts didn't let up? No. They do ease up. And you just have to ride them out.....hang in there. Soon enough you'll be back up riding high and proud.
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh good, you're here. RED FLAG: "haven't eaten a great deal yet today" EAT!!!!! :-) really!
                    ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow, hang in there, keep busy ( sounds like you've a lot on your plate today anyway) I'm fortunate that I never get cravings during the day. Mine don't kick off til about 7pm, just as yours end! I reckon by middle of next week you will find things a little easier. The lack of sleep was a problem for me too. My sleep pattern has only just improved and I still get the odd bad night about once a week when I wake at 2am. You are doing so well, hang in there.

Sausage x
                      Day 36

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys. I feel like I could punch someone right now! Man, the rage! So not like me, I cry at Disney films I'm such a sap!

I think it's the busy day and knowing my folks are coming tomorrow so I have to make sure the house is nice. It's actually not too bad but I need to scrub around the windows, put away washing etc. I'm nearly 32, it's my house and I'm STILL stressing about what they think! And they're perfectly nice and we have a great relationship, I don't know why I feel like that. Plus DH has worked so much this week, I've barely seen him and he'll be working all weekend. He has a day off Monday but my parents are taking the kids out for the day so that we can decorate their bedroom. So still no 'nice' family time!

Sorry to go on, it's all trivial stuff that I would usually numb down with AL I guess so I'm not used to feeling like this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here ya go Willow...I love this post. Take a moment to read Green eyes post and let it sink in....

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f4...ml#post1286774

And I am almost 48 and am the same way about visits. :-)
                          ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Willow, take some deep breaths.....
                            Remember that you are a work in progress & all these feelings are just temporary as you adjust to a better life without AL.

Have lots to do myself today so I'll get going
                            Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lola, that's an interesting read. And it's nice to know I'm 'normal'.

Thanks Lav too. I feel a bit calmer now. I've collected DD and her friend and now I'm not going to leave the house even to get the washing (we have a communal area) cos the shop is about 30 seconds from my house. I'm going to batten down the hatches as it were and DH can get the washing when he gets home!

Roll on bedtime. Sorry again to whinge on, I feel very self-centred. Hope everyone else is doing ok. I was thinking this morning, where's Bouchard and Irie? Did they go on holiday?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honeysoup...look at you go! The worst is behind you!! You are now on Day 3 and that means you are running on full Honey power...Just because today is Friday is not cause to pause...keep pushing forward...keep busy and eat something if you feel a craving coming on...there's nothing like a full tummy to take your mind off a drink. I am so happy for you!
                                Sujo, Day 11 today! As Lolab mentioned to Willow, strive to hit that big Day 13...something about that day is amazing. In my head, something clicked and I knew I could do it...I found strength in that day...try as I might, I'd never reached it before. My emotions were settling down a bit and I was able to think. Those first few days, I think my memory and concentration skills were MIA. I just couldn't think straight (as we say in the South). Get yourself to Day 13, and you will see a big difference!
                                Kaisen, you are kicking @$$ and taking names....you are making it look too easy! What are your coping mechanisms? And you heard right...somewhere between 9 months and a year, things began to really come together for me. I am happy in my own skin, I feel sharper than I ever have, and at peace with myself. In my whole life (I'm 52) I've never been so comfortable with me. I mentioned about a month ago, that it seems like I'm making decisions based on having more information...and I do, because I am present to get it. I don't know how I was functioning before...IF I was....there towards the end I was literally going thru the motions. I hate ALCOHOL, and what it has done to me, and my friends here (as well as in 'real life'). It is truly an insidious BEAST. I have the utmost respect for it, just as I do rattlesnakes or sharks...I always know it's there, but I'm not gonna mess with it. I am so glad you are with us here...and stay strong over the weekend. Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X