Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone...It's 8:15 a.m. here...this is Day 3 for me and feeling great at the moment!!!

Willow...keep going strong you are my inspiration! Maybe you should try to stop yourself and take a hot shower and just do something for yourself even if it's for 30 min. I think you need some rest time and then make a plan for your day. As far as sleeping my friend gave me the best sleeping cocktail...it's all herbs and I tried it last night and tonight. Although, it didn't work that great the first night only b/c it was my first night AF...eek...but I tried it again and I slept right through a thunderstorm and felt great and proud this morning. Its 1 100mg pill of Valerian (warning it stinks), 1 3mg of Melatonin, and 1 450mg of 5-HTP. You can them them at your local Walgreens or CVS whatever drugstore or health food store. Also herb tea that has Kava Kava in it. I am not a doctor by any means this is just a suggestion. After your rest on ward and upward...it's ok to have a good cry and then heads up...think positive...positive...positive...for every negative thought replace it with a positive!
    Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww, thanks Honey. I'll be ok. Like I say, I just need to get the kids to bed so I can rest! It's 2.30pm here in the UK so it's only another 4 hours or so.

Well done on the 3 days! I'm glad you're feeling so much better. I sure don't miss the hangovers and I'm a better parent because of it! I'm keeping all these things in mind!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yeah, I came upstairs earlier just to read a chapter for 5 minutes - I hadn't been up here 2 minutes when DS shouted that he'd wet himself! Gah! I initially felt very weary but ended up laughing about it - it's just a hell of a day today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Willow, hang in there, you're just having "one of those days"...we all have them from time to time, but they're much easier to manage without a hangover, as you know.

Honey, you're doing so good...I'm so proud of you for making it to day 3...so what are your plans for getting through the weekend? I know that was always a huge trigger for me, the Friday night automatic thoughts of drinking. But now there is nothing better than waking up early Saturday morning feeling good!

Not much to report in K9 Land. LOL Going to the doctor in a couple hours, she wanted me to do a follow up visit, and I'll be happy to report to her that I am on day 95 today! I have been having some stomach issues lately, but if I'm honest with her about my eating habits, it will be no huge mystery as to why! I need to really focus on being healthier...that's my new goal.

I hope you all have a great Friday and a sober weekend!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, so I promised myself I'd say hello yesterday, but managed to distract myself with other threads all day. Hi - I'm new here, and this morning counts as Day 3 AF for me, after about 8 years of fairly heavy drinking.

Wow, that was quite hard to write! Finding MWO has been a huge revelation, and I've ordered and bought all the recommended stuff, and done enough - obsessive - research over the last week to be quite convinced that I have a good chance of success if I follow through with this. I've been seeing a Life Coach for the last year, so I get that not going it alone is the better way to do this - so here I am!
            If you always think what you've always thought,
            You'll always feel what you've always felt.
            If you always feel what you've always felt,
            You'll always do what you've always done.
            If you always do what you've always done,
            You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
            6 Days AF = DONE
            14 Days AF = DONE
            21 Days AF = DONE
            28 Days AF = DONE
            30 Days AF = DONE
            60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello and welcome! 3 days AF already is awesome, well done. I'm just coming to the end of day 12. Look forward to finding out more about you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Willow
                Where do I start? Was drinking a bottle of brandy every 2 to 3 days - have been for the past couple of years. Definitely used alcohol to deal with stress and avoid pain - that's where the life coach and mind/body work have made a huge difference to me already. At least knowing in my head that I don't need to be ashamed, and that I can let go of the guilt. I thought - until I found MWO and started reading - that I was basically a functional alcoholic with a "small" problem, although I did recognise that no matter how many times I got up in the morning and said This Is It, it never quite happened. Often, it felt like I'd be watching myself walking over to the sideboard and pouring a drink, and feeling quite, quite helpless to do anything about it.... I have a bad cold right now so I'm feeling a bit spacey and out of sorts anyway, so I decided to take the plunge and give this a try. What's keeping me going today is that by tomorrow morning the first 72 hours are over and there is supposed to be no more al in my system. Next goal then is to get past Day 6, which it seems is the next hurdle.....

Day 1 AF - DONE
                Day 2 AF - DONE
                Day 3 AF - here we come!
                If you always think what you've always thought,
                You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                If you always feel what you've always felt,
                You'll always do what you've always done.
                If you always do what you've always done,
                You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                6 Days AF = DONE
                14 Days AF = DONE
                21 Days AF = DONE
                28 Days AF = DONE
                30 Days AF = DONE
                60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honey - you are doing great on day 3.
                  Willow - glad you got though today
                  Welcome to Desert lady - you've found a great place to be
                  K9 - am sure your Dr will be delighted with day 95 - mine was pleased when I'd just managed a month..
                  Hello again to everyone else
                  Am struggling a bit tonight for some reason. Am drinking ginger beer, don't worry I won't drink but tonight has been harder than others recently.
                  Stay safe in the nest everyone.
                  Sausage x
                  Day 36

Comment

Newbies Nest

I used AL as a crutch too - if I was bored, upset, angry, stressed - you name it, I drank. Not every day but 2-3 times a week and 2 bottles of wine each time. I kidded myself that since I could still get up in the morning, get my DD to school and look after DS all day, I was ok but that's just nonsense. I did struggle a bit earlier today and yesterday but made it through. I'm really pleased and proud of myself but I couldn't have done it without this site, I would have gone back to convincing myself it was ok to drink that much. It totally isn't!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like we've all had a day of it today Sausage. You're doing so amazing though, you don't want to literally piss it all away! LOL. Early night for us I reckon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Desert lady...
                        Hi K9 - Not sure what to do this weekend...my friend told me about a movie to watch its suppose to be inspirational...its called "What the bleep do we know" Its on Netflix...I also own the movie "The Secret" and I love it so since I haven't watched it in a while I am going to try my best to do that too.
                        Hey Sausage - Hang in there You are doing amazing...btw...have you lost weight since you quit drinking...I am trying a new health kick and we will see how it goes.
                        Willow...I hope your day gets better...

I will check in later but Its getting closer to that witching hour again and oh boy...I usually spend tonight with my glass of wine and watch "Jersey Shore" good thing its over for now....COURAGE TO EVERYONE!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick check in!
                          Yah Willow - tomorrow will be Byrd's unlucky number 13, and after we get thru that one, it will then be 2 weeks!!! So very glad you were able to hang in!
                          So proud this morning - better feeling that being ashamed, embarassed, worried, hungover. Had to go to business dinner meeting last night - in healthcare, and there are a few of us on here in similar field, so you know what those meetings are like, I was asked what I wanted to drink, and I did pause, then managed to cough out "water will be fine, thanks" and DID IT! Yahoo! Love those moments!
                          My girls are 11 and 13, and my 11 year old checks my calendar for teh green dots - she knows what they are and monitors me :H. They have been at their dads last week, so she will check when she gets here after school this afternoon, and will be happy with how it looks.
                          I will have 22 green dots in March this year, looking back to last year when I started this journey I had just 7 green dots for March!
                          Spring break starts this afternoon, I will not be posting much next week, but will have you all with me as I aim to have an AF vacation - I do not want to post Day 1 again on April 7th.
                          Hi DesertLady. Welcome!
                          LoLab and Willow, I will be 50 this year and still feel like a child with my parents! I have tried to change the way I feel, but no luck - look for their approval on everything!
                          Hi to everyone else....
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done you Lassie - especially on last night at your meeting. Somewhere on the site someone said 'you got to fake it to make it' which I think is a great saying. If you pretend you don't want a drink, eventually it becomes reality. Can't wait for that day! Although it's only the past couple of days I've really struggled so could have been worse.

How long have you been in the States? Do you miss home?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lassie -
                              Keep those green dots coming! My daughter looks at my stickers too I have last years calendar posted right above this years, and the difference is amazing. Last March I had mostly purple X's through the days (meaning I drank!)...this year it's all glittery hearts!

I just got back from the Dr. and she was very pleased with my 95 days. She said not to tackle the few ciggies per day YET...she's trying to get me solidly balanced. She did switch my Celexa because it's giving me horrible stomach cramps...so hopefully the new meds will be better (Prozac). She's also trying to get me complely off of Ativan, but she's giving me a while with that too. So I guess all is well and I feel happy about how everything is going. Day 120, here I come...and beyond
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - wow 95 days...I too am on Prozac...LOVE IT!!! but the only downfall is I gained weight on it...30lbs from 130 to 160...bastard! But other than that I LOVE IT...My Doctor loves it too

Comment

Working...
                                X