Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9 - that's great, no wonder your doctor is pleased! Hope the new meds work out better for you.

I'm off to sleep now - fingers crossed I'm not awake at 2am for 3 hours! Night all x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sleep tight Willow...and Sweet Dreams!!!
      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Willow, you must be way further east than I am - it's only just after 2pm here. Are you in Europe somewhere? I'm in Canada.

BTW, I don't expect an answer on that until your tomorrow!
        If you always think what you've always thought,
        You'll always feel what you've always felt.
        If you always feel what you've always felt,
        You'll always do what you've always done.
        If you always do what you've always done,
        You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
        6 Days AF = DONE
        14 Days AF = DONE
        21 Days AF = DONE
        28 Days AF = DONE
        30 Days AF = DONE
        60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honey - Did Prozac upset your stomach? That's why she's switching me...the Celexa is killing my poor tummy! My doctor said the "new and improved" Prozac is supposed to help you lose weight...we'll see. I'm gonna keep a close eye on it and keep my munchies under control.

I saw in another thread that you're having a hard time right now...please hang in there. I'm thinking of you!!!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A long time since I was here. I was 3 weeks AF in January. Or maybe 4. It was a best friends' birthday then and I was coerced into drinking. So back into the cycle. Right now gotten to the stage where I don't even drink for going out or for recreation but just in the morning, maybe even during work (a lot actually) and in the evening to unwind. I'm a master at hiding it, at this stage. But I can't do it anymore. I'm tired and I look like hell. Probably the third time I've posted like this but I hope in April I can get a handle on things and stop drinking.

I send apologies to Byrdie. I feel ashamed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1288729 wrote: Honey - Did Prozac upset your stomach? That's why she's switching me...the Celexa is killing my poor tummy! My doctor said the "new and improved" Prozac is supposed to help you lose weight...we'll see. I'm gonna keep a close eye on it and keep my munchies under control.
              I want to look into Prozac as well. Is it terribly expensive? My insurance sucks. Also, years ago when I took it, it totally killed my sex drive.:H That's a concern for me. Seriously. Tell me the truth ladies!

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Andrew from Ireland;1288755 wrote: A long time since I was here. I was 3 weeks AF in January. Or maybe 4. It was a best friends' birthday then and I was coerced into drinking. So back into the cycle. Right now gotten to the stage where I don't even drink for going out or for recreation but just in the morning, maybe even during work (a lot actually) and in the evening to unwind. I'm a master at hiding it, at this stage. But I can't do it anymore. I'm tired and I look like hell. Probably the third time I've posted like this but I hope in April I can get a handle on things and stop drinking.

I send apologies to Byrdie. I feel ashamed.
                Hi Andrew. :welcome: back! I wonder how you can drink at work and get away with it? That can't be good, even if you can (get away with it). Stay with us this time and set AF goals. I know you can do it!:l

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl;1288762 wrote: Hi Andrew. :welcome: back! I wonder how you can drink at work and get away with it? :l
                  I think every addict becomes adept at this kind of thing. Maybe it's noticed by colleagues but so long as you're performing (and I've worked my butt off the last month even while boozing) no will say anything. Typically, I'll get up and go running to try and sweat the booze out, come home, down a beer or wine while getting ready for work and go in, usually with wine or vodka in a water bottle in my bag. When I feel the need during the day I'll have a nip. Pathetic, I know. It's no kind of a life really.

Comment

Newbies Nest

And if you drink a little too much that you know it'll be noticeable, you just tell people you were out last night and you've a killer hangover, which is a kind of badge of honour in Ireland if you've made into work. It's easy to hide it, really.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's completely off-limits where I work, and at most, if not all, places of business in the US, during working hours. I never said I had a hangover either, because I often had such hangovers I skipped work, and I never wanted anyone to assume that's why I called in sick. Probably knew, but I wasn't telling, lol.:H

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Wow, busy here today - that's good

Hello & welcome DesertLady! Congrats on your 3 AF days, great start!
                        Be sure you visit our Tool box in the Monthly Abs section. It's full of wonderful ideas to help you with your plan.

Welcome back Andrew! Please don't just hope for change ~ make it happen! Use the Tool box ideas & make a plan for yourself. You can't keep going like you are now, can you?

Congrats to Willow, LG, K9 & everyone making progress. You'll never be sorry
                        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest, just a quick fly by. Playing Wii bowling with the kids.
                          I wanted to let you know that I contacted Joani Gammill (author of The Interventionist) about my brother. (and our story). She wrote back to me and asked me where we live!!
                          I'm excited to possibly be getting some direction and support by someone I admire so much for my family.
                          Sprinkling sparkly glittery sober dust on the nest tonight. Sober Power!!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie, I read her book. That would be fantastic if she would work with you! Please keep us posted.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!

Desert lady, yes, I'm in the UK near London. Originally from Cornwall though.

Welcome Andrew - don't you be ashamed, AL's done this to you so now it's time to say "jog on". I know you're managing to hide it at work at the moment but these things have a habit of spiralling as you know. Don't loose your job over it!

Another early morning *sigh* DS woke me, now he's gone back to sleep and I'm wide awake! 5.30am is not good during the week, let alone on a Saturday. At least it's not with a hangover!

Expecting a better day today - my folks should be here about 2pm so that will distract me and got lots to do beforehand to prepare for them too. Hope everyone has a great day and be back later x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nursie,

That's exciting news, keep us posted. I think you have an extreme race coming up too, hope the training is going well!
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X