Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters and :welcome: to all the newcomers. Great to have you here!

SD, I am so jealous that you only have one more work day. Enjoy your summer break, you so deserve!

Dill, sounds like you had a great visit with your daughter and SIL. I can only imagine the feeling of seeing your child find their perfect match. I am feeling much better, thank you for asking :l I have written down postive affirmations that I tell myself upon waking up, through the day and at night. This is my second day of doing that and it really is uplifting to positive toward oneself.

Hello PR, G, Sea, Peanut, Mom2, Sianex, Lavender, akaMoniques, xshawdow, KTAB, and all others to come. Please forgive me if I missed anyone.

Have a Happy Hump Day all :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, all,
      I'm on DAY 13 AF and glad I've come this far. It's been a challenging day though, as I've been trying to do something new workwise all day, some of it has worked and some of it hasn't. I think I expect too much sometimes - part of the problem.

Glad though I might be able to make it to the end of May AF.
      best
      starta:new::l

Comment

Newbies Nest

startafresh;622625 wrote: Hello, all,
        I'm on DAY 13 AF and glad I've come this far. It's been a challenging day though, as I've been trying to do something new workwise all day, some of it has worked and some of it hasn't. I think I expect too much sometimes - part of the problem.

Glad though I might be able to make it to the end of May AF.
        best
        starta:new::l
        Yay! You WILL make it to the end of May. Keep the positive thoughts and take it one day at a time.:goodjob:
        AF since - 5/24/09
        edit - except 4 glasses on 6/16/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm enjoying all the comments. Curious, are y'all newbie nesters using any of the components of the MWO program, such as topa, supps, CDs? Or just stopping cold turkey and relying on these great forums? I have not yet made the commitment to stop drinking. But am liking the idea of Jump in June.
          :new:
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
          ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
          :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Aka, I am using the supps and some non-MWO hypno CDs that I already had in hand. Supps rock! No side effects, and between them and the great motivation from my new friends here, I'm 24 days AF on my first attempt.

Good luck to you, and I hope we see you "jumping into June."

:welcome:
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Lil! I need all the tools I can get so I appreciate the feedback.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
              "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
              ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
              :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Aka,
                I am just starting to. I bought the book online and have read through it. Also going to do the sups, although I don't have a perscription for Topamax yet. I am not sure if I will get that yet.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone, all the oldies and all the newbies too

Haven't checked in here the past few days but things have been good, very good! I've spent a lot of time with my new grandson lately, I'm so happy. I was even asked to babysit for a few hours today and that never would have happened if I was still drinking.

I've challenged myself a bit further by quitting smoking last week as well. That's turning out to be even harder than this quit - believe it or not. But I'm proud to report success in both of my endeavors.

I hope all of you are enjoying success as well - we all deserve to be happy

Stay well everyone and the best of luck to all the newbies. Stick with us, we are a bunch of winners.

Lavande
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello little ones.....hope your Wednesday was a good one. I'm doing my mini work marathon the next few days, so won't be around much. I did notice however that we are getting very close to our 2,000 post in the nest. Somebody will be our 'lucky poster' tomorrow.....seems not too long ago that we had our 1,000 since I 'rekindled' the nest a short time ago....the next thousand has come quick.
                    Thank you to all of you for your daily contributions in making this place the special spot that it is. 'G' and I love having you as part of our family and look forward to sharing the next thousand with you. Happy posting tomorrow and congrats to whoever hits the magical 2,000....... Goodnight cherubs,
                    Pops.....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night to all nesters! I am so proud of all of us. I have had a trying day, but stayed AF. Will tell you all about it in the morn...must rest now.

PR, I can't wait to see who the magical 2000 is. This is a great thread, a great place to be, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for starting the nest and accepting all of us into your life as well as G's. I am in tears here! Thank you! :l

I can't say much else tonight except I hope you all have a great night, have met your goals for the day and that I love you and cherish you all! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

P/S to Lavande...grandchildren are so worth sobriety! My grandson is coming to visit me in a week. His first trip since a baby (now 16 almost 17 months old). It's only a 4 hour drive from where I live, but seems an eternity. I hope you got to babysit, and you are a superb grandma!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night to the other nesters as we settle in for the evening. It's grown quite cozy here with so many of us, and always room for more.

Choppers, good for you for toughing out a hard day AF. And Lavande, OMG, quitting the cigs is SO challenging but SO great if you can get through it. Wow, you're amazing to take that one on, too. Just imagine how much better you'll feel in no time. It will be a whole new you! Starta, hang on to your high expectations! Welcome to the newbies and everyone else, have a good one!
                          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - well last night I did it!!! I faced that ex without having that sip of "Dutch Courage" before or after the event. Even managed to stop by the supermarket for milk WITHOUT adding that bottle of wino to the basket. I must admit that on the way to pick up my son I was feeling incredibly anxious, heart was pounding etc etc as I never know what kind of stunt my ex is going to pull this time - and I really did wonder if I was going to be able to do the task I'd set myself that day of facing the entire situation and its aftermath AF... but I did All the while on my way there I remembered the things mom2 and Dill had been saying (loved the "don't let him ruffle my feathers" line ) and that helped me to feel strong. Just wanted to thank you guys for that bit of support and hope I can be there for you all too.

So that is day 2 under the belt and am now into day 3.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sianax;623060 wrote: Hi all - well last night I did it!!! I faced that ex without having that sip of "Dutch Courage" before or after the event. Even managed to stop by the supermarket for milk WITHOUT adding that bottle of wino to the basket. I must admit that on the way to pick up my son I was feeling incredibly anxious, heart was pounding etc etc as I never know what kind of stunt my ex is going to pull this time - and I really did wonder if I was going to be able to do the task I'd set myself that day of facing the entire situation and its aftermath AF... but I did All the while on my way there I remembered the things mom2 and Dill had been saying (loved the "don't let him ruffle my feathers" line ) and that helped me to feel strong. Just wanted to thank you guys for that bit of support and hope I can be there for you all too.

So that is day 2 under the belt and am now into day 3.

Yay!!!!!!!!:goodjob::applaud:

That is SOOOOOOO fantastic! You should be SO PROUD
                              of yourself! I know we are!!! Keep up the great work.
                              AF since - 5/24/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, bring on day 5! I'm up early for a workout so I will check in later. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
                                AF since - 5/24/09

Comment

Working...
                                X