Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Fly-
    I know...I have no intention of drinking over it...in fact I have no intention of letting anything happen to her...I just refuse! We'll get through this and she'll live another 5 or 6 years (I'm going to keep thinking positive!). After all the vet bills I wouldn't be able to afford any alcohol anyway. LOL I don't mean to make light of it, but I have to right now!
    How are you doing today?
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am fabulous! I have the whole week off from work! I'm glad to hear that drinking is not an option for you. Loved what your daughter said to you about being the strongest person she knows.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awww K9 - sending HUGS!!!!
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks K9, PF and Windy - so glad I've got all of you to let me know that this is "normal". I'm drinking so much water I spend half my time on the loo right now, but I think I'm not eating enough yet - ie not giving my body the fuel it needs. At least now I know I just need to hang in there another week (ODAAT) and I should wake up! I'm still waiting on most of my supps too - can't get much locally, but taking what I can for now.

K9 - soo hope for you that you can get your dog treated and on the mend. Our pets are family and very dear to us too. Try to keep in mind that trying not to feel the hard emotions is what is worst for you. If you allow the emotions to come, well up, express themselves, and then die down, you've then released them and will feel stronger - way stronger than if you try to deny them and decoy with alcohol! Emotions are good things and we need to make friends with them....
          If you always think what you've always thought,
          You'll always feel what you've always felt.
          If you always feel what you've always felt,
          You'll always do what you've always done.
          If you always do what you've always done,
          You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
          6 Days AF = DONE
          14 Days AF = DONE
          21 Days AF = DONE
          28 Days AF = DONE
          30 Days AF = DONE
          60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check-in.

Day one still hasn't happened. I have drank 2 beers each night. I almost went out and bought wine last night but stopped myself at the door.

I will get my "my way out" book and read it today again and maybe that will help as it has been a long time. I think I will go workout as well as that usually helps too.

I will check in tomorrow and hope to have a better report for all you.
            :hitme:
            Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone! :sup: It's day 40 here! Yesterday doesn't count (it would have been 40, but it is now a forgotten memory).

K9 so sorry to hear about your baby. My dogs are the world to me, and I know exactly how you feel.:l Let us know how it goes.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'll check back later!

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fly for the comment about my daughter's comment. We were having a "heart-to-heart" and I told her I was so sad to think that maybe my drinking had affected her negatively, but at least I recongized the problem and am working at solving it. That's when she made the comment. It definitely brought a tear to my eye! It's good to know that despite everything, she looks at me in a positive light. It's all I need to know to keep plugging away at this battle. I'll never let the bottle take that away from me! But enough about me

Mimi - Sorry you're having a struggle. How are you able to stop at 2 beers? I ask because there's no way I could do that, I can't even fathom only having 2....12 was the normal for me and even then I'd feel like I needed more. I am proud of you for stopping yourself before you went to get more...good job.

DesertLady - You'll start to feel better soon once you get your diet and supplements stabilized. Good job on the water...I drink A LOT too am always running to potty! LOL

Thanks everyone for the well wishes with my doggy. She's my "favorite" but shhh, I didn't say that out loud. LOL She's been with me for 12 years...through 4 job changes, 5 moves and one very painful breakup. Her fur has caught a lot of my tears. I will do what I can for her
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters,

Have been on the go all day

K9, hope your doggie pulls through. I just lost one of mine last September due to probable pancreatic cancer. Just today I went to a puppy rescue to check out a sweet little pup after seeing her pic online. I will be going back next Monday to bring her home. First I must prepare

Mimi, what's really keeping you from making a commitment?
                  Be honest with yourself & do something proactive to address the issue. That's the only way we can move on & stay away from AL. Ive never regretted my decision ~ sober living is good

Wishing everyone a good AF Tuesday afternoon!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody,

K9, I'm sorry to hear your buddy is ill at the moment. Best wishes for full and speedy recovery!

Mimi911, try to imagine how proud you will be when you get through day one! Then picture yourself at day three, then a week later. Your plan may need some little tweaks, but it shouldn't be too hard to see where you are going wrong. It sounds from your post like you are putting up a good fight! Please trust me that once you get past a few days, that "voice" or compulsion will be alot weaker. We are all pulling for you!

DesertLady, Windy said it much better than I could a handful of posts back. Eat, sleep, water are very important right now. You will feel much better soon.

Flyaway, congrats on your week off! There is nothing like time off from work!

Have a great AF day everyone!
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav did your Piggy Swissy and Matilda get to meet today?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

Just looked in to see how everyone is doing. It's a while since I was last here but glad to say that five whole months have now past since my last drink. No cravings or temptations and I now weigh 35 lbs less thanks to spending AL money on the gym and new clothes. Those who are so close to making that final move to stop, take my word for it when I tell you that there is a whole new world out there ! Sleep is fantastic and every day is worth waking up for. Like many others who have used this forum for support, I have crossed the line to a whole new world. Please come and join me !!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you timpin
                          Glad you stopped by!

FlyAway, my Piggy Swissy & Matilda got along just fine. The pup is a bundle of energy & Max is not :H Just as well :H

Hi Pincone!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Return from the Rabbit Hole

Howdy Howdy Nesters!

Well, if you've thought I disappeared down the proverbial hole...

You were right!

It's been a real battle stringing together a few days (9 and counting), but I've finally managed to get more than a day or three under my belt without bouncing out of the ol' wagon again.

Been hitting the gym every morning and working at my new job - insanity free! (the job is, anyway!)

Did the hypno CD's religiously the first week - need to get another one going tonight!

I'll have much more to say (you knew that was coming) about how 4 solid months of sobriety went right down the ol' tube in the blink of an eye...

But for now, I just want to say Hey! to all my fellow Nesters new and not-so-new, and let you know I'm alive and kickin'!!!

Will try to stop by nightly to check in.

It's good to be back,
                            -G
                            -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

gregorino;1290985 wrote: Howdy Howdy Nesters!

Well, if you've thought I disappeared down the proverbial hole...

You were right!

It's been a real battle stringing together a few days (9 and counting), but I've finally managed to get more than a day or three under my belt without bouncing out of the ol' wagon again.

Been hitting the gym every morning and working at my new job - insanity free! (the job is, anyway!)

Did the hypno CD's religiously the first week - need to get another one going tonight!

I'll have much more to say (you knew that was coming) about how 4 solid months of sobriety went right down the ol' tube in the blink of an eye...

But for now, I just want to say Hey! to all my fellow Nesters new and not-so-new, and let you know I'm alive and kickin'!!!

Will try to stop by nightly to check in.

It's good to be back,
                              -G
                              Gregorino! How weird, I've been having a strong urge to drop you a line to see how you were. It's great to see you back here! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, well, well Cap'n :H
                                Seriously glad to see you back! Stick around now & best wishes to you.

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X