Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yay! Gregorino - back here with you at the same time!!! Channeling the need to do this again together I guess! So glad you are here - missed you!
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am back as well....been moderating without "overt" craziness, meaning I have been able to limit days and numbers of drinks; yet I am consumed by thinking of when and how much I can drink to the point that I know I have to go AF again starting now....I just left great open bar dinner party with fantastic food and entertainment but hey did I mention open bar? I knew I was primed for one of my old blackout nights so I ran home to no booze and bed before 9pm.....hating my desires but glad I could run away home tonight....good to be back

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hallo All!
        Just checking in quickly before I start on making supper. Two good things today - my All-One powder arrived. Maybe that will help me get over this exhaustion? AND, I went to see my doc - well, the nurse practitioner, who turned out to be an intern, BUT I forced myself to breathe and told her I needed help to get over a drinking problem.....and she was awesome about it - most interested to hear about MWO, happy to talk about what needed doing, and sent me off with about 5 litres of bloodwork to do so we can find out where I'm at. My blood pressure was quite high, and I know I'm progressing closer towards diabetic than pre-diabetic, so I'm SO grateful this has come along before more serious problems developed....
        Almost the end of Day 7 - still can't quite believe this is happening to me! cheerio for now....
        If you always think what you've always thought,
        You'll always feel what you've always felt.
        If you always feel what you've always felt,
        You'll always do what you've always done.
        If you always do what you've always done,
        You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
        6 Days AF = DONE
        14 Days AF = DONE
        21 Days AF = DONE
        28 Days AF = DONE
        30 Days AF = DONE
        60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Welcome back Clockwatcher & good job on the early escape from the open bar
          I couldn't mod either, it's easier (for the majority of us) to remain AF.

DesertLady, glad you were able to find someone interested in hearing about this program & lending you a hand. Congrats on your 7 AF days - great work, keep going

OK, wishing a safe night in this growing nest for everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nest!
            Very busy week for me but flying in with a big ole bucket of sober dust for all!
            Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the sober life
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Clockwatcher - welcome back. Great job on avoiding that disaster in the making (open bar)!

Gregorino, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts regarding what happened....and learning from them. I do think that you should know that your encouraging, enthusiastic and cheerful voice was incredibly instrumental in my early success. To get props and encouragement from Lav, Byrdie, or you - was often the key that kept me going for another AF day. You let me know that even though not drinking we could still be fun and silly and warm and witty people. :-) I have no doubt that soon you'll be back with 4 months under your belt - ready to go even further.

lola - (who is feeling a sense of calmness and peace that I don't ever remember having... )
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & happy hump day!

Not much happening in my portion of the nest yet but I'm sure that will change
                Wishing everyone a fantastic AF Wednesday! Enjoy that sense of peace Lola!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all - getting ready to work out, pack, and start the drive for the long holiday weekend with the SO.

:-)

Happy Hump Day -
                  Prairie
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings!

I've been flying in here weekly to check in and say hello and boy am I happy I did this morning because I am so pleased to see PF and Capt Greg back on deck! Hi to the both of you, you were missed. I was wondering how you guys were doing. Glad you are here! Greg, as you so rightly stately...4 months of sobriety went in a blink of an eye...I think we all need to keep that in mind as we rack up the AF days...we must not loose sight of the big picture...a life, as Timpin so elequently said, "crossing the line to a whole new world", is so worth just saying no to that very first drink... Timpin, wonderful post... at 44 days as of today, I couldn't agree with you more. It really is a whole new world, like walking through a garden and noticing new blooms every day. I have also lost some weight Timpin...about 12 lbs so far. Great job on your 35! Although I have been working out hardcore since the end of January, it wasn't until I gave up my daily bottle of red on Feb 22nd that I saw it's positive effects on my body.

Getting over a bad cold the last few days which made life pretty challenging with work and all. But I'm feeling much better now and happy that I recovered pretty quickly! I wish you all the best! I'm here every day but usually in the abstainers section. But I think of you all often and send you strength in your wonderful AF journeys! Bright Blessings, Blondie
                    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                    :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

May I please squeeze back in the nest?

What a poor choice I made in dropping out of the nest. Got lost and couldn't get back :upset: March was not a good month for me and I will not let April be a repeat of last month. I will do better than that! Have been so ashamed of myself and so inspired by all of you. I am working on a strong plan and will not let AL beat me up anymore. Sorry to have let you all down. Thanks for your support! Today is Day 1

Goal 1: 7 Days
                      Goal 2: 14 Days
                      Goal 3: 21 Days
                      Goal 4: 30 Days
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I am so happy to be making room for people who know where to come for support in this journey. Greg, Star, Blonde, PF, Clockwatcher, Mimi, Daisy, and Andrew! It's like old home week! Strap on in and stay with us. It won't take long before you are right as rain.... I'm so glad to see everyone!
                        Star, Wednesday is a wonderful Day 1...that was my day of the week. Next week this time, you'll be getting a horn toot, for 7 days!
                        Stay strong today, that's all you have to do. XO, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

GREG --- Where the heck you been? This is place is not the same without YOU! Please stay with us a while and bless us with your wonderful sense of humor. Never enough of that! What's your plan man?

Hey Star -- So glad you are back too! You say you are working on a "strong" plan. Good job! You know you are stronger than the Beast and we are here to help you with you battle.

Welcome back Clockwork and good luck this week.

I had a weird thought today and wanted to share it here if I can explain myself. I woke up this morning with a headache and I have not done that in a while. I felt like I had been drinking and also felt a little sad. Then it dawned on me that (perhaps) I still see myself as a person who drinks and still feels shitty. This happened more in the beginning and seldom happens now so it surprised me. Most of the time I feel pretty darn good. I think I was dreaming about alcohol too because I remember something about finishing off a bottle of Chardonay. Now.... I really don't feel like a dry drunk for sure. I love not drinking and I don't bite my nails about it at all and very seldom crave unless I am supper hungry. But I am wondering if deep down and physically if I am having a hard time getting to know the "new" me and to think of myself as someone who does not drink. So I guess I physically expected to feel better than I do and wonder if mentally I am holding on to something unconsciously and it affects my physical well being. Anyone else ever feel that way or experience those feelings?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can understand the sadness a bit Windy. I took the kids over to Cambridge earlier on the train (nice trip for them). We did some shopping - stocked up on goodies from the Lush shop - and had lunch out. Usually I would have 2 large glasses of Pinot to 'help me cope' through lunch out on my own with 2 children - today I had a litre of sparkling water! Whilst I am proud that I got through it, it WAS weird and although I know I don't really want to drink and am so much better off without it, I did feel a little sad that I will - probably - never drink again. Hell, I'm SCARED to drink again. I'm under no illusions that if I did drink, it would end happily. It won't. I don't know why I feel like that because really, what's there to miss?

I feel a lot better coming on here since we got back home and also read a bit more Jason Vale. Have I ever mentioned that I love that book?????!!!! LOL.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties,

Glad to see everyone here and to see some who have come back...now stick around!

Well, day 100 here. I had a long talk with my parents last night. We discussed how my daughter is in counseling. I told them I don't know exactly what she discusses, but I do know of 3 things: 1) her dad being distant; 2) my ex leaving us after 7 years without so much as a goodbye; and 3) my drinking. My parents are aware that I don't really drink anymore, but I made it official last night and told them I just don't, period. And I hope it hasn't affected my child, but if it has, we will deal with it and move on. They then told me that they are very proud of how I've picked myself up and carried on after 2 DUI's and made a good life for myself and her. I've always held good jobs and had a nice place to live, so they've never had to worry about that. It's nice to hear your folks being proud of you. Of course my parents are big on displays of affection, so I'm blessed there. Every phone call or even text ends with "Love you!". I'm glad I told them, but on the other hand I don't want them worried about us, my daughter in counseling and me on Prozac. Well, parents will worry no matter what.

To those who have left and come back, please stick around. I can tell you that everytime I have strayed from MWO I was working up towards a relapse. Checking in here daily keeps me accountable and also lets me see how you all are doing!

Everyone have a great day, I am off at Noon (furlough), so I see a nice nap in my future! LOL

One more thing, my poochie is doing fine for now, her skin is clearing from the antibiotics and I'm crossing my fingers that maybe it will clear her lungs up a bit too. But she's her normal feisty self for now!

K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww K9, the thing with her father must really be troubling to her. Kids naturally think everything is about them and she's probably trying to figure out what she did wrong. Makes my heart hurt thinking about it. You are the only certainty she has in her life; I can only imagine how important your sobriety is to her.

It's great that you talked to your parents about your sobriety and that you have the kind of relationship with them where you could. I wish I had that.

Congratulations to you on making 100 days! You are an inspiration and a friend to all of us. :l

Comment

Working...
                                X