Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I would be nervous about that ceiling too Willow. Good idea to move the kids downstairs. I hope that everyone hasn't left for the weekend!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all. They came home a while ago and DH went around - the lady had accidentally left the taps running while she went out and it was coming down the overflow. She noticed the bathroom floor was wet but didn't think anything of it. Her floor is now drying out and nothing else is coming through. I am SO relieved it's nothing massive, the kids are back upstairs and I will sleep up there too. And I'm even MORE relieved that I didn't drink to "cope". DH is very proud!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! So glad to see soo many around! The support is AWESOME!!:goodjob:
        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1292261 wrote: Willow - Good job on not letting it send you to the shops...you'd be hungover and still have water coming through the ceiling! There's been so much talk about Jason Vale's book lately that I think I'll pull out my copy and at least re-read all the points I highlighted. I hope everything works out with the ceiling!!
          Maybe we should try a book exchange club on MWO.

Home and have dinner on the stove. BF said, Honey I couldn't wait for you to come home...and cook! WTH:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great Day Sober Nesters!

Thanks for the kind words Wicked - Great to see you with some quality time behind you. Nice Work!

Had a mild, momentary thought today...opportunity was there, and I felt the rationalization mechanism start to engage. Fortunately, I just shut it off, and went on about making dinner.

Better for me to be here, if only for a minute, than to be draining my 4th or 5th drink....

WAAAAY Better!

Almost bedtime already,,,,wow!

Peace good Nesters, Peace.
            -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

That's the way to do it Greg
              Keep up the good work!!!!

Tomorrow is Friday already & I will be spending a good part of my day cooking for my grandson's
              1st BD party on Saturday Then go right into Easter of course. No booze on my menus - just the way I like it!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1292157 wrote:
                FreeFly, glad you are back too! Moderation is a myth IMHO.
                Roberta Jewell couldn't make it work for her & ended up AF. There is absolutely nothing wrong & everything right living a sober life
                Hi Lav, It's good to be back. I think I have to agree with you re the moderation myth, at least for me anyway. Each to their own. Beautiful sunny day here as I began day 2. Spent a long afternoon/evening yesterday saturating myself with MWO and working on cementing that mindset. I simply can't give the AL part of my brain a voice. The rest of my brain I'm pretty happy with Happy Easter nesters, old and new
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, nesters! About to get ready for work. Made it through some nasty cravings yesterday and did a lot of work in a recovery book. I'm pretty excited that the weekend is coming. I know weekends and holidays are a huge trigger for many people, but honestly I get through social situations better than alone-after-work times, or daughter-is-in-bed times on work nights. That may be partly because I have really narrowed down the situations and people I choose to engage. Also, drinking for me has been a way to avoid things, stop feeling guilty, or deal with high levels of stress and anxiety. Not that it's really worked out that way!

I totally agree with the heroin comparison. Never read the Vale book, but I've thought of that plenty on my own. My ex's on-again/off-again gf is actually an opiate addict, and her behavior is absolutely insane. She tends to fixate on me when she's doing especially badly. We don't know each other, but her relationship with my ex began when we were still living together, and the fact that the ex and I still sometimes talk upsets her. Thankfully, she doesn't know where I live or what my car looks like. She's also blocked from calling my number on her phone. She still finds ways to try to contact me. It's kind of scary. Anyway, when I think about her addiction and behaviors it puts my own in perspective. I'm not crazy in the same ways behavior-wise, and my drug is different, but either way you look at it the idea of trying to moderate a chemical that makes your life fall apart is ridiculous. No modding for me.

Okay, day 3! Have a great day, nesters!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's lunchtime and I'm running low on hope right now. Day 19 and this is meant to get easier as time goes on, not harder!

Do any ladies find their hormones make things harder? Maybe TMI but I'm halfway through my cycle which always makes me cranky anyway - perhaps this has something to do with it? I just want it to GO AWAY!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Sunny & a bit chilly here but warming up later

FreeFly, focus on that mindest ~ your goals & you will do just fine

Pocket, since we have absolutely NO control over the behavior of others it's best to concentrate on our own behavior. I look at it as a form of energy conservation, no need to waste your time or energy on another

Willow, I am thankfully past the hormonal ups & downs but yes they do affect your moods. Knowing that perhaps you can turn your attention to increasing your self- care. Pamper yourself a bit with things that make you feel relaxed - calming teas, meditation, reading, etc. If the hormonal swings are severely disrrupting your life talk to your Doc because there are ways to help that.

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday. I have lots & lots to do today tro keep me out of trouble
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav. I've always been a bit funny with hormones - after I'd had my gallbladder out, I'm going to go back on the Pill (can't take it yet as it might cause another flare up) as that will help to balance me out. I just need to keep it in mind that it's only temporary!

I talked to my brother on Skype this morning (he's in Australia) and his partner commented on my complexion and how well I'm looking. That was really nice to hear as I don't see a difference physically yet and it was annoying me a bit (yes, I'm vain! LOL) but obviously other people are! Woo hoo!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, only had a quick read though.

Willow - stay strong, can't really comment on the mid cycle thing as I've had a hysterectomy! But am sure it can affect things - I know people get different food cravings etc at different times of the month. I ( on day 43 now) still get easy days and hard days, not sure why, but generally I find a very bad/ hard day is followed by a good day and vice versa - don't tend to get two similar days together.

Why not keep a little diary of how things are, for a few weeks and if you feel hormonal changes are an issue, speak to your Dr as Lav suggested.

Will drop back later

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm going to have to pick up this Jason Vale book...it seems like he and I have similar thinking. I'm certainly not an author, and not so eloquent...I likened trying to moderate drinking to trying to moderate child molesting...I was going for effect. If you only molest occasionaly, it doesn't make you any less sick. I think I missed my big point, but I'm glad Mr Vale made his! I will stick to nest-writing for now....
                            Greg, I can't tell you how happy I am to see you! Any time I hear of a pressure cooker, I immediately think of you! And your burnt pot roast!!! Are you living on the boat?? Please fill us in when you get time!
                            Willow, hormones are a dangerous thing...turn your attention to cookies..it really helps and is far less destructive than AL. (really, I'm not kidding).
                            Happy Easter to all nesters...this should be our time to shine! Have a great day everybody! XXOO, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it through day 2

Good Morning All, :l
                              Today is day 3 for me (again) and now that I am back in the nest and feeling cozy with my feathered friends, I have hope that I will make it through the week to meet goal 1.
                              Yesterday afternoon, I was all "out of sorts" for several reasons, but did not think of turning to AL at all. Just thought to myself "So this is why I drink every afternoon". Well, I may be trying to rationalize/excuse my behavior, but I do realize I have no excuse for drinking like I do. I have read the Jason Vale book and need to read it again. AL does nothing for me but cause more problems and worries and depression. The only time in my life I have been truly happy is when I had a long stretch of sobriety. How do i get from here to there? Like we say - get a plan, stick to it, use the toolbox and velcro my butt in the nest! Hey Lav, will you send some of those pretty blue eggs up to the nest for our Easter Party? We could use a cute baby chick too I'll bring the jelly beans!
                              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesties! So glad it's Friday, OMG. I am ready for the weekend. Unfortunately we are not closed on Good Friday, so I am working till 5:00 pm.:upset:

Had a drinking dream last night for the first time (that I can recall) since I quit. I was at my brother's house, but it was also a boat (he's on vacation at the beach with his camper, maybe that is what made me dream it this way)...I was there for dinner or to visit, but I saw a huge amount of wine bottles all over the counter. After that, in my dream it was morning and I couldn't remember the night before, and I asked my bf (who was in my dream an ex, who was very judgemental), did I drink last night? And he said yes! you said all kinds of crazy things and was completely out of control...

It was so HORRIBLE, and I also remember thinking, OMFG, I have to put this on MWO.:H:H NEVER have been so glad to wake up, lol.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X