Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Scary stuff LG - don't think it does us any harm to have dreams like this every now and again....stops us from being complacent, even though they are not "real life".

Isn't it great how we are all so accountable and honest here on MWO - like your first thought was that you had to explain on MWO!! Many of us on here did live quite secret lives / hide their drinking before, but this site is so honest, so transparent......I wonder why this is.

I am very thankful that it is though, it definitely makes me stronger.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, you are so right...nobody would believe what I did in order to drink...believe OR understand. The people here do. We all have had the thoughts and fears and anxiety...we know how crazy it is for us to drink, and we do it anyway. Only those of us who know can relate. Power in numbers, I like that a lot...and we have such a wonderful support system here. Drinking dreams are good, they let us 'go there' without having to go there...B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl;1292670 wrote: Good morning Nesties! So glad it's Friday, OMG. I am ready for the weekend. Unfortunately we are not closed on Good Friday, so I am working till 5:00 pm.:upset:

Had a drinking dream last night for the first time (that I can recall) since I quit. I was at my brother's house, but it was also a boat (he's on vacation at the beach with his camper, maybe that is what made me dream it this way)...I was there for dinner or to visit, but I saw a huge amount of wine bottles all over the counter. After that, in my dream it was morning and I couldn't remember the night before, and I asked my bf (who was in my dream an ex, who was very judgemental), did I drink last night? And he said yes! you said all kinds of crazy things and was completely out of control...

It was so HORRIBLE, and I also remember thinking, OMFG, I have to put this on MWO.:H:H NEVER have been so glad to wake up, lol.
        I had a drinking dream last night too!! It's crazy how that happens when you get time of sobriety it's like at every cost it's trying to lure you back in.
        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties!

Wow I had crazy dreams last night too, must have been the full moon. I must be getting old because I was up way past my bed time last night, and I can hardly get moving this morning! I am definitely in a rut I guess. I am so glad it's Friday. My sister wants to have a yard sale tomorrow, but they are just so much work...I'd rather just lay in bed all morning. LOL

LG - Weren't you happy to wake up and realize it was all a dream? I had many days in my past where I WISH it was a dream, but I was waking up to reality. Ugh. Glad those days are behind me!

I hope you all have a good sober weekend, stay stong and velcro or super glue your butt to the Nest!

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1292692 wrote: Morning Nesties!

Wow I had crazy dreams last night too, must have been the full moon. I must be getting old because I was up way past my bed time last night, and I can hardly get moving this morning! I am definitely in a rut I guess. I am so glad it's Friday. My sister wants to have a yard sale tomorrow, but they are just so much work...I'd rather just lay in bed all morning. LOL

LG - Weren't you happy to wake up and realize it was all a dream? I had many days in my past where I WISH it was a dream, but I was waking up to reality. Ugh. Glad those days are behind me!

I hope you all have a good sober weekend, stay stong and velcro or super glue your butt to the Nest!

K9
            It must have been one of those nights for us alchies huh? I know last year after about 30 days of sobriety I had drinking dreams and sometimes out and out nightmares were I would literally wake up scared to death at times. My AA sponsor and when I was in treatment that this is just a normal PAWS process. In about 6 months to a year it will go away. When I hear about people making it to one year (which I want to badly) everything seems to get alot easier. Which my treatment counseler said was when the real work begins. I never really understood what she meant. But now I do all the way. So glad you guys are here and miss the times I can't get around to say hi!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I notice my drinking (when not AF) is much worse the week before my period. (potential TMI). I read fishoil is supposed to have an effect on PMS so before this attempt - I purchased the strongest fishoil (highest DHA since they think it's the active making the difference) and started taking two months ago. I'm not sure it's doing much yet for the PMS - I ask the SO - I'm certain after last night he'll say NO - in which case I'll give him a few days. I think it's moderated it - not eliminated it. On the plus side - my skin got noticeably better. Turns out it has anti-inflammatory properties so the alcohol redness went down pretty fast and the rosacea is much better.

If you are going to give it a go - get enteric coated - otherwise they burst in your stomach and really - burping fish is FOUL. BLECH
              That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
              Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
              AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1292709 wrote: I notice my drinking (when not AF) is much worse the week before my period. (potential TMI). I read fishoil is supposed to have an effect on PMS so before this attempt - I purchased the strongest fishoil (highest DHA since they think it's the active making the difference) and started taking two months ago. I'm not sure it's doing much yet for the PMS - I ask the SO - I'm certain after last night he'll say NO - in which case I'll give him a few days. I think it's moderated it - not eliminated it. On the plus side - my skin got noticeably better. Turns out it has anti-inflammatory properties so the alcohol redness went down pretty fast and the rosacea is much better.

If you are going to give it a go - get enteric coated - otherwise they burst in your stomach and really - burping fish is FOUL. BLECH
                Great advice Praire Fairy! I have been taking fish oil and milk thistle and I have noticed a huge change in my energy level and overall appearance to my skin. What amount of fish oil are you taking?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Magnesium also helps alot to reduce PMS depressive feelings....
                  If you always think what you've always thought,
                  You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                  If you always feel what you've always felt,
                  You'll always do what you've always done.
                  If you always do what you've always done,
                  You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                  6 Days AF = DONE
                  14 Days AF = DONE
                  21 Days AF = DONE
                  28 Days AF = DONE
                  30 Days AF = DONE
                  60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

FinallyDone...you are doing great! So glad to see you stringing the days together! I can tell you that many things do get easier at one year...MOST things, but what I fight the most is complacency....it would be really easy to say I have this thing beat...but I know it is a lifelong party. So I check in here every single day to keep myself grounded. Keep up the great job! You always sound so upbeat! B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

After that little supp plug, Good Morning! I'm now on Day 10 - Holey Moley! I'm slowly starting to get my energy back, but still sleeping a lot, and feeling quite tired. My head is getting clearer and clearer though, and that's just so wonderful! Got all sorts of domestic delights to get done today, but hoping to do a whole lot more reading too - still haven't finished the MWO book and want to get started on the Allan Carr.

Had a really amazing session with my life coach on Wednesday - visualising all the "old me" stuff that I want to move away from and be done with - fear and anxiety, feelings of helplessness and hopelessness, loneliness etc etc, then turning away from it and stepping into the "new me" and a new future, empowered and strong and complete. Might sound a bit woo-woo, but it was really powerful and is a good mental picture I keep going back to. The "new me" doesn't drink, doesn't feel the need to, and has so much she wants to do and be and live, that there's no place left for the old things. Thought I'd mention it as visual images are really powerful, especially as they bypass the left-brain and tap into the right brain which is much more intuitive and able to speak deeply into our real selves.

Hoppy Easter everyone - hope it's good for all of us!
                      If you always think what you've always thought,
                      You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                      If you always feel what you've always felt,
                      You'll always do what you've always done.
                      If you always do what you've always done,
                      You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                      6 Days AF = DONE
                      14 Days AF = DONE
                      21 Days AF = DONE
                      28 Days AF = DONE
                      30 Days AF = DONE
                      60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

finallydone;1292711 wrote: Great advice Praire Fairy! I have been taking fish oil and milk thistle and I have noticed a huge change in my energy level and overall appearance to my skin. What amount of fish oil are you taking?
                        I am taking NatureMade's Ultra Omega 3 - 1400 mg (HORSE pill) recommended by the pharmacist for this purpose. Each pill has 647 mg of EPA, 75 mg of general OMG-3 but most importantly 278 MG of DHA which your brain can't synthesize, must get through food or supplements- and plays a direct role in signaling/depression in the old noggin. I take at breakfast with food to start my day off right.

Also - DesertLady is correct - Magnesium plays a similar role - and if you take it with Taurine (amino acid found in your body) and Inositol (b vitamin without an RDA) all three potentiate each other. Also - Taurine lessens shaking hands (great for first month) and inositol can be mood lifter. I take them in my 45 minutes before witching hour mix. I didn't have them on me last night when I got called to meet people out - and I could tell the difference.

Although - swinging through the body builder section and grabbing the micronized L-Glut powder some people have mentioned - saved my bacon. messy? YES. Most effective L-GLut yet at just slamming cravings into absolutely nothing but a mosquito whine at the back of the head. Just SHUT them down. Hit the blood stream in 10 - 15 minutes and I was like new. Just brilliant.

Think I will save that for home use - but wow - not going to be without that in the future. Spanks the efficacy of all other L-Gluts I have tried. Take in a liquid and off you go.
                        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1292725 wrote: FinallyDone...you are doing great! So glad to see you stringing the days together! I can tell you that many things do get easier at one year...MOST things, but what I fight the most is complacency....it would be really easy to say I have this thing beat...but I know it is a lifelong party. So I check in here every single day to keep myself grounded. Keep up the great job! You always sound so upbeat! B
                          Hi Byrdlady! Thank you soo much! I have not always had upbeat days but it's worth keeping that positive mental attitude. It's so great to hear from someone who has gotten past that first year. I am so ready for it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Prairie Fairy;1292730 wrote: I am taking NatureMade's Ultra Omega 3 - 1400 mg (HORSE pill) recommended by the pharmacist for this purpose. Each pill has 647 mg of EPA, 75 mg of general OMG-3 but most importantly 278 MG of DHA which your brain can't synthesize, must get through food or supplements- and plays a direct role in signaling/depression in the old noggin. I take at breakfast with food to start my day off right.

Also - DesertLady is correct - Magnesium plays a similar role - and if you take it with Taurine (amino acid found in your body) and Inositol (b vitamin without an RDA) all three potentiate each other. Also - Taurine lessens shaking hands (great for first month) and inositol can be mood lifter. I take them in my 45 minutes before witching hour mix. I didn't have them on me last night when I got called to meet people out - and I could tell the difference.

Although - swinging through the body builder section and grabbing the micronized L-Glut powder some people have mentioned - saved my bacon. messy? YES. Most effective L-GLut yet at just slamming cravings into absolutely nothing but a mosquito whine at the back of the head. Just SHUT them down. Hit the blood stream in 10 - 15 minutes and I was like new. Just brilliant.

Think I will save that for home use - but wow - not going to be without that in the future. Spanks the efficacy of all other L-Gluts I have tried. Take in a liquid and off you go.
                            Thank you soo much! I learned something today. And I have L-Glut at home right now and will start using it when the cravings get strong. You did a amazing job of speaking how it works. Thank you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

I've not been posting for a while...
                              Posting this from my phone! Cannot believe what we can do with these small computers in our hands!!

New in my world? I drank for a few days. Never stopped at the 2 glasses I imagined. The 5th. night I blacked out after 4 glasses / mini fish bowls. Puked right through the next day... Missed class... So much for "rewarding" myself for working so hard! ***rolling my eyes*** So stupid!

I am not proud of it. I started really strong and the depro that kicked in at 4 months got to me. - am not sure how many days I am AF again and I am not planning on counting again. My depro is gone. Maybe I am just soooo thankful not to feel hung over - lol!

The AL changes was immediate!! Inflamed skin and a lack of confidence - that bothered me the most

I didn't tell a soul... It's between me and the garbage bin that I oh so carefully packed for d days - and you guys of course!
                              12-20-2012 AF
                              Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steady, good to "see " you back here. I wondered how you were doing and realised you hadn't been around for a while. When people disappear from MWO after a while I often end up wondering how they are doing; if they are drinking or just don't need or want the support from MWO any more. I realise you have a lot on your plate at the moment with your family life and professional training and am so glad to see you are AF again.
                                Glad you came back quicker than me - it took me nearly 3 years!

Comment

Working...
                                X