Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Steady Hands -

If this was easy - we wouldn't need each other.

Welcome home.
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish - you asked for party chicks - here ya go :H

And some fresh brown & blue eggs

Finallydone & SH - good to see you both!
      Stay positive, it really, really helps this process. I learned that negative thinking is yet another bad habit that we pick up early on in lives. When you can the negativity & replace it with positive, helpful & soothing thoughts you are really doing yourself a big favor
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters...just wanted to check in. It has been a busy spring break here with the kiddos home and constant interruptions! I'm happy to say that I am continuing to deal with it all AF. My anxiety since stopping the AL has really disappeared...considering the things on my plate these days: Husband job changing, both parents and in-laws with health issues... I'm just happy I am in a good place to deal with it all.

However, I did have a drinking dream last night. But the funniest part was that I was drinking with a lot of YOU from MWO?!?!?!?!? I don't know who was who, and I think I was the only one actually drinking. I woke up feeling really bad about drinking until I realized it was a dream. Today marks 12 weeks AF for me.

PF good job making it through the social event last night...and all the self reflection you are doing. It all must be very difficult, but rewarding in the end for sure. Nice to have you back in the nest.
        BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks BelleGirl - it's important to be here. :-). Glad you are here.
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Belle,

I haven't been around for a while but I see you racked up 12 weeks. That's fantastic - well done
            You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Belle -- Congratulations on your 12 weeks! That?s a major accomplishment!!! My kids have been on spring break all week too. It?s been so nice and relaxing around here. For a change we just stayed home and I?ve pretty much let them do whatever they want.

Yesterday they were downstairs watching a version of ?Tom Sawyer? starring Jodie Foster as Becky Thatcher. There was a scene with a grizzly looking guy drinking whiskey out of a bottle. It was supposed to be funny -- he fell off a log into the river while Tom and Huck looked on laughing. (Later on he?s falsely accused of killing the town Dr., but can?t remember because once again he was drunk.) My 6 year-old asked ?can women get drunk?? !!!! Then he wanted to know how people get undrunk. ?Easy -- stop drinking? answers my 9 year-old. ?HAH -- not as easy as you think? I thought to myself -- ?but possible if you want it bad enough!" Anyway -- my kids know way too much about alcohol for their age. The youngest calls his orange juice with ice a ?cottontail?. Oh brother?

Maybe all of the strange dreams are related to the full moon? I didn?t know about it until K9 mentioned it. Last night I dreamed I was smoking! Something I haven?t done in real life for over 15 years or more.

PrairieFairy -- I usually drank a lot more during that time of my cycle too. It was pretty much a frenzy. So glad to be out of that habit now.

I love your chicks and eggs Lav. We?ve been thinking about getting a few for our backyard for awhile now. Maybe this is the year!

Happy AF Friday everyone!
              AF since 9/20/2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav! Those truly are party chicks!

So sweet! And love the colored eggs. So glad to be back in the nest for Easter!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again

Isn't it a shame those cute little chicks quickly grow up to look like Stella in my avatar? :H

Belle, CONGRATS on your 12 AF weeks ~ awesome!

The full moon causes me to have some bizarre dreams too. Don't think there's a darn thing we can do about that.

Hope everyone is having a great day
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - I think Stella is beautiful! And you better not tell her otherwise cuz she looks like she would peck you to death if she gets wind of your comment. LOL

I am getting ready to wrap up my day (finally!). Can't wait to go home and veg out. I hope everyone has a safe, sober weekend!

K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Weekend Nesters!

OMG - I finally have a job where I don't have to work on Saturday or Sunday. Been a few years coming and I am so happy it's here!

Ms Byrdie - Nope, not living on the boat yet....We've had a couple offers on the condo, but nothing has gone through. We are thinking we will make the move this summer when our 16 year old is out of school. She's really hoping it won't happen, but it must - we cant pay rent on a slip and house payment too!

Well, have made it through 2 entire Monday-Fridays and one weekend so far. Lucky 13 tomorrow! Hopefully, the temptations will be minimal and the desire to stay sober strong!

Heading down to the boat to do some work and maybe an afternoon sail. Sunday driving to Orlando to visit my brother and family down from the north for spring break.

Many great things to do and I know they'll be better done with a clear head and a grateful heart!

Peace to all Nesters this fine Spring weekend!
                      -Cap'n G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy 12 weeks, Belle!

Just checking in to say goodnight! I'm feeling kind of low tonight and I'm just going to do some yoga and relax.

Hope everyone has a great AF Friday night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing all nesters a safe night in the nest

Don't let any low moods throw you off - tomorrow is another day & it's bound to be better

Got all of my chores done today & now I am tired. Hoping that glaring full moon lets me sleep!!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sprinkling sober dust on the nest....
                            Long week. Happy to be dog tired and sober on this full moon Friday!
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Surprise surprise, I fell last night. 2 days short of 3 weeks. Feeling so ill this morning and was very sick last night. However, I'll be straight back on the wagon today and whilst I'm not making light of it at all, when I think about it, each quit is getting longer. 7 days, then 9 days, then 19 days. I'll get there in the end I guess.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Willow, so sorry to hear this ( I was worried about you yesterday when I read your lunchtime comments)
                                However looking at this positively
                                - you have faced up to coming on here immediately ( something I didn't do)
                                - you are right in your calculation that every quit is getting longer - and many many successfully long term sober people take several quits to get there so maybe this is it.
                                - you have done v well and sounded much stronger in this last AF stretch,
                                . Whilst you are feeling really really rough this am, jot down how you feel physically and mentally in a private notebook, and use this to put you off if ever you are tempted again.

You can do it, you will get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X