Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Easter everyone
    Had a good day yesterday - theatre trip and meal out with the family.
    Today have just been to church and about to set up a chocolate Easter egg hunt outside in the garden, which I do every year.
    Mr Sausage plans to open a bottle of sparkling wine tonight, now Lent is over,but I have said I won't be joining him. I have posted about this separately on the "need help ASAP" thread. Would be interested to know your thoughts....
    Will drop back later
    Sausage x
    Day 45

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone & Happy Easter,

Looking forward to a day filled with sunshine, mild temps & family

Sausage, please try to remove your focus from your husband's bottle of wine! If that's what he wants then let him have it while you have something non AL. You have 45 AF days today, stay strong.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Easter Nestlings!

Hope this find everyone enjoying a lovely Easter Sunday! I am happy to have a day off from work with my husband (a rare occasion as I work weekends unless it is a holiday like today!). Later, we are going to join our families for Easter dinner. I'm afraid I will be outnumbered for those in the crowd at the dinner drinking AL today but lucky me, I don't need to do THAT anymore. Looking forward to my first sober Easter in a long time! It feels great...and I'm on day 48! 2 more to go to the Big 50!

Hey Saucy, ditto what Lav said...stay strong...you have been doing so great. F the sparkling wine and have something AF instead! Good luck! Have fun with your Easter Egg hunt!

Have a super Sober Sunday to all!!!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Easter to all. Enjoy a AF day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Easter to everyone. Had another one and a half bottles of "lemonade" last night. Not really bothered about it, and I won't start a thread about it. I am more worried about my smoking habit at this point, and my bf made me very aware of that last night. I have thought about it so much over the past 12 hours, and I know it's something I MUST conquer or die an early death.:upset:

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hoppy Easter Everyone! Stay Strong everyone! Don't let that Demon in on our day of celebrating. XO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

LG, has your smoking got worse since you went AF? How much are you smoking? Have you ever tried Hypnotherapy?

All good here, I feel so much better than yesterday. I was feeling ill all day, didn't feel normal until this morning. You know what irritates me? A) that I gave in in the first place cos I could have had 21 days today and B) that somewhere AL is still in my system and will be for another few days yet. For some reason that bugs the hell out of me, like I'm not 'clean'. Is that weird?!

DH is home today and tomorrow thankfully so I'm getting a bit of a break. He's playing upstairs with the rugrats whilst I lie on the sofa watching The Mummy. Love that film lol.

Hope everyone's having a lovely Easter and those with special dinners to go don't struggle too much. Back later x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning
                  Feeling quite bummed this morning - it's Day 12 for me today, but I've woken up feeling almost exactly like I used when I was drinking - headachey, tired, irritable, down, no energy - WHY? It's not making me think "what's the use, I might as well be drinking" because I'm really proud of my progress, but I was expecting to be feeling so much better by now. Has this happened to other people? Do I need to be patient until I get past the magical Day 13/14? I've been taking the supplements (not all, still waiting on some), taking the AllOne, spending loads of time on here, giving my body all the sleep it needs, so what's missing?

Sorry to be a downer, but I'm just feeling BLEH and it doesn't seem fair!
                  If you always think what you've always thought,
                  You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                  If you always feel what you've always felt,
                  You'll always do what you've always done.
                  If you always do what you've always done,
                  You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                  6 Days AF = DONE
                  14 Days AF = DONE
                  21 Days AF = DONE
                  28 Days AF = DONE
                  30 Days AF = DONE
                  60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, I felt like that Desertlady. I really expected to see amazing physical changes quickly but didn't and felt a bit rubbish about it. But then, I guess since I've been binge-drinking properly for like nearly 3 years so it's going to take a while. I'm learning all of this along the way! X

Comment

Newbies Nest

Desert...you just wait until tomorrow...Day 13 was a real turning point for me. I felt human! I felt pretty good on Day 3, but from there to 13 was a struggle, I'd caved twice before on Day 12. But on that Day 13, I realized this is something I can do from here on out, that this COULD be a lifestyle. Hang in there...plus remember, rarely will you ever have 2 bad days in a row. Please hang tough and try to think of all the good things you have going for you today.

I heard on the news yesterday that the London olympics are in 100 days...I couldn't help but think of the newbies who might have started yesterday...in 99 days the world will be celebrating with you!!! It's a great goal. Strength to all today! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Hope everyone had a great AF day like I did
                        AF holidays really do rock!!!!!

DesertLady, hope you are feeling better this evening. I know we all start out on this journey wanting to put the past behind us asap & begin feeling like a million bucks instantly. Unfortunately, it does take a bit of time but it does happen. Please hang in there as we all need to heal at our own pace

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav, Byrd and Willow - made it through the day. Luckily it got really busy and ended with 10 people round the table eating chilli (and another 8 kids in the lounge). Happily surprised that 1. I was quite happy not to drink but esp. that 2. the kind of nervy-ness, almost hyped-up anxiety that I "usually" feel with having people over, and then needing to wind down after, just didn't happen.
                          Which made me think of how many people on here have said that they thought they started drinking because of anxiety, but that AL made the anxiety so much worse. Seems to be so in my case too - I want to say I wish I could have known that, but when I was in AL's grip, I don't think I would have been prepared or able to believe it. Awesome to experience it now though.

Off to bed now with the hopes that Day 13 will be a good one - maybe it will be my turn-around too?
                          Hoppy Hugs to all!
                          If you always think what you've always thought,
                          You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                          If you always feel what you've always felt,
                          You'll always do what you've always done.
                          If you always do what you've always done,
                          You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                          6 Days AF = DONE
                          14 Days AF = DONE
                          21 Days AF = DONE
                          28 Days AF = DONE
                          30 Days AF = DONE
                          60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters
                            Off til Friday for a family break in our camper van to the Isle of Mull, west of Scotland. Have packed plenty of AF drinks so don't anticipate a problem. Mr Sausage has packed a few beers but this doesn't bother me as I'm not a beer drinker. Will try and check MWO from my phone occasionally if I have a signal but it may not be easy to post.
                            Have a good week and I'll see you all Friday.
                            Sausage x
                            Day 46

Comment

Newbies Nest

i've missed everyone here very much!
                              our computer died over a week ago and we're taking our time trying to decide which to buy next.
                              in some ways i like life without. it's quieter. and i realized how much time i was sitting here in front of it.
                              BUT i miss checking in here to see how everyone is doing. and in reading back (only made it 6 pages so far) i've received so much valuable information and help.
                              cheers and hugs to you all!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Desert Lady - I hear you when it comes to feeling less than good without the booze. 12/13 days is still early and you will feel better. I have come to realize that we need a lot of time to recover from the damage we have done. My joints still ache and I need a lot of sleep, but it is still better than a hangover.

I think I am now really dealing / accepting that I cannot drink. I have a "so what" attitude towards my previous complaints (before my slip) like I am left out, I am depressed, I am gaining weight etc.... Whether I feel like that or not, I cannot drink. It really sunk in the day I spent vomiting.... I NEED my liver!!!

I am also accepting that more than not putting my mouth to alcohol needs to change. My whole family dynamics changed and I don't know what the future holds. My circle of friends disappeared and I will have to be selective with new ones.

The list of a significant other becomes longer and longer as we age (or get hurt).
                                - Do not expect me to drink.
                                Tick?
                                12-20-2012 AF
                                Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X