Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Awwwwwwww......what a cutie Lav!!!!!
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my WORD, what a cute dog!! Who could say no to that widdle face???? Congrats on being a new mom! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:Hi to the new Nesters! - Beffy, Berner and Sisy.

Good to see you here, Honeysoup!

Cute dog, Lav!

I had a good day...
        12-20-2012 AF
        Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am glad for your good day Steady Hands! :-)
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two Days down

All

Two days now without a drink. Reading that back sounds quite pathetic but I feel better about myself already and don't want to bury my head in the sand. Tomorrow is another day. Everyone's post is an inspiration.

Berner
            AF 20-05-2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi friend...boy o boy it's Wed and Day 5 at 4:00...I just got the craving...kids are going to a friends house and DH is visiting a friend which would normally mean...oh good house to my self...I can drink as much as I want without anyone looking...oh wait...crap...I can't do that....I am an alcoholic...shit...now what do I do with my time? I realized I only took one dose of my campral...maybe thats why the urge is so strong. Ugh...I hate my brain...

Anyway...I hope you all had a great day! I LOVE the puppy pic..so cute..OMG!
              Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Berner...those first 2 days are the hardest, so don't sell yourself short!! Just keep it going! At day 3, all the AL is out of your system so you'll be operating on full Berner power! I am so happy for you and your progress! Stay strong, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Honeysoup...hang in there. A craving is just a craving. As some wise person here once said "You will never die from a craving" (or something like that).

K9...I need to start eating better also, which for me means easing up on the junk. Since giving up the booze, i have turned into a sugar-aholic, which is not good for me because I seem to be sensitive to blood sugar issues. I ate so many jelly beans yesterday I felt like crap today. almost like a hangover, a jelly bean hangover.

Berner...great start with 2 days. You should be starting to feel better! :goodjob:

Lav, your pup is adorable. Hope the house-training goes smoothly!

Byrdlady, PF, Steady, FinallyDone, Sisyphus, Library, Lolab (hope you are enjoying the men in your life) and everyone else hanging about the nest today...have a great sober evening/night.
                  BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

BelleGirl, I'm with you on this sugar issue. Really...Al is just like the jet fuel equivalent of a straight sugar shot to the system which gives us the crazy Dopamine surges in the brain and the insulin roller coaster ride. My body doesn't seem to differentiate between food sugar and liquid sugar.

I started a workout program this week. Sunday night...I ate 3 candy bars!!!! I haven't done anything like that for a long time. To me, that compulsion reminded me of those days when I drank more than a fish. Sugar = Addiction. I am going to give simple sugar the boot....just like I did with ethanol.

I think it is quite common when someone quits drinking for them to load up with sweets....it's great that you are aware of this and are doing something about it!
                    Sober for the Revolution!
                    AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honeysoup...I feel for you. Triggers are a bitch. What helped me was to visualize how I would deal with those situations WITHOUT drinking ahead of time. There were times when I had to make a detailed hourly plan in certain situations. Distraction is a great tool.

It also helped me to think of these situations as opportunities to strengthen my AF muscles - so to speak. The brain is actually building positive new pathways with these successful experiences and that makes it easier as time goes by to deal with the old associations with drinking. So give your brain a pat on the cerebral cortex for getting your butt back to the forum to seek help. It's working hard to heal!

It's also important to deal with the direct physiological needs prior to trigger situations. Our system was rewired to rely on that fast sugar fix from AL. A little L-Glutamine can really help with those acute cravings. L-Glut also helps repair the damage to the stomach lining.

You can do this...show us the muscles!
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

I'm just starting day 2 ... have a great day

Patrice

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, nesters! I'm off to put my girl to bed, super late. I am so tired. I'm also trying not to overload on the sweets... it's amazing how much the l glut helps. Hope everyone has a relaxing night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Doing a fly-by after a super busy day to wish a safe night in the Nest for all.
                            Just wait out those cravings, they go away, you don't have to give into them if you choose to ignore them. Just keep distracting yourselves ~ it works
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cute puppy Lavande! We have a new puppy also and he is such a joy to have around.

Thankyou for the support everyone.

I hope you all had a great day!

Beffy xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Saying hi in the Nest

Hi all,

Just popping in here to say hello. I've been posting in April Restarts. I've been on-off - more ON than OFF - since last July. So tired of it yet somehow still not at the accepting I really need to quit - completely - forever. Yet of course by now know I cannot moderate. (What a joke.) Still 'enjoy' the booze as much as I hate it. Or I think I do at the time. I want to reach that attitude of gratitude for quitting but I'm not there yet. Working on it...

Patrice ... fellow former kiwi here, hi, now living in Aus. Exercise is SOOO helpful when you're not drinking. Just think of it as spending the money you're saving on booze on something healthy instead. It should be a priority so just do it.

K9Lover, I've been pondering the booze-cigarette analogy a lot. I spent 11 months on-off with that before I found the final (God I hope anyway!) quit. Coming up on one year. It's hard to say what finally snapped for me except I just got soooo sick of the miserable cycle and I think the 'pleasure' I thought was getting from it was way outweighed by the torture of all that. A year later and I have the odd minor crave but mostly I'm sooo happy I've quit. I really hope I can get to that point with booze someday.

Go well all.

Lilly x:new:

Comment

Working...
                                X