Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Wanted to wish everyone a good morning in the nest - am on my way to work out - that seems to be making a HUGE difference in this quit. The endorphin rush? YAY! The group dynamic? YAY! Walking out feeling like "I kick a$$. I Am a survivor. I can do anything I set my mind to. If I work hard enough". Priceless. It's making this so much simpler because it gives me FAITH - not hope.

I am in a group martial arts class - not just a regular workout - so there is competitor and combat - hence survival. For me - just what the doctor ordered.

Anyway - must run - will be back later. Wishing everyone a safe morning in the nest...
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Georgeous day out there this morning. Will be on my way to a walk pretty soon! There is a park not too far from our house that is high on a hill and has a magnificent view of the harbor. Gonna take the doggie for a jaunt there soon.

Congrats to everyone being good to themselves and showing the love and respect you have for yourselves by not abusing yourself with the drug, alcohol. If you are teetering on taking that first sip of AL, remember, life is meant to be joyful. AL does not bring us joy, only ill health and sorrow. Let the joy flow through you...(hint...take a sip of water instead )!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so glad to see such successes this morning. Those first few days are HARD...I had to find something to cling to in order to get me thru....it was a fellow nester who was lamenting that her friends were going shopping and would probably stop for lunch and have a glass of wine together. She made an offhand comment, but it stuck..."Besides...what's ONE glass of wine going to do for me anyway?" Whenever I was having a thought that just one wouldn't hurt, saying this to myself made me snap out of it. I NEVER had one glass (one bottle maybe, but not a glass, unless it was a Viking Goblet). So this helped me get myself to 30 days. Once I got to this point, (and got my Nest Hat) I had such an investment in this quit, that I kept it going. It's a strange thing, but if you can just keep getting over the rough spots...it gets better and better. Don't give up your quit no matter what and no matter who! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody, I was around when Renewal started this post but I don't think I ever posted on it . . . . it has been an amazing thread for a lot of people and almost four years on I am still stopping and struggling but here I am on day 2 again. I'm constantly reading the threads to get the strength to do this again. My most successful stint was first time and a straight 30 days but the older I get the less I can drink and the less I am comfortable with drinking. Doesn't really matter how much you drink, if you are here then I guess you know your drinking isn't normal or right for you. I usually sail through day 2 and although my resolve is strong, I am feeling it more than usual. Very tired and struggling to do just mundane stuff - just want to sleep really but I really need a big long break from AL. I think I am just completely tired and fed up with the struggle and feeling like I absolutely loathe myself in the morning (which can be anytime from 2-3am until sixish when I eventually get some sleep). My heart goes out to all those who have these feelings. One strange thing is that when I looked in the mirror this morning I actually saw a slightly more attractive face than the one I saw yesterday mornng . . . . . . . love to you all x
          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, had the strangest dream before waking this morning, had a dry mouth (took a couple of Advil PM last night), dreamt I was waking up with a hangover. I was thinking why do you do this to yourself now your going to have a lousy day. Finally woke up and realized I didn't drink last night, had a cup of coffee, shower and I'm ready to go. Your mind plays some tricks after a few months AF. This may be a good thing. I notice with myself and others here very positive rapid changes in personality in a relative short period of time, more compassionate, less selfish, creative thinking, awareness of the small things in life that bring us joy. When drinking I think wasted so much time thinking how and when I was going to get my next "can on" and the time wasted doing it and recovering from. I should have done this along time ago. We have to look forward and make the best of it and hope for forgiveness.

Have a Great Day WW
            100 days 04-10-12, entering the danger zone, Rodger that!

6 months July 1st

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All

Well its halfway through day 3. Not sleeping great. Don't fancy the idea of sleeping tablets. I heard Green tea or Peppermint tea helps so might try that. Had great lunchtime session ..... at the gym managed 5 miles on the treadmill. Felt good today
              AF 20-05-2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Berner - I had great luck with a blended tea that had both chamomile and passionflower in it. If I let it steep a full 15 minutes - it felt as relaxing as a glass of wine. :-)
                That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning my nesting friends...So nice to hear everyone having such great thoughts and outlooks.

Day 6 for me and guilt free...

kisses and hugs to all!!!
                  Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why

matchee;1142588 wrote: My wife and I were finally getting along great. Then on July 4th drank a fifth of vodka in the morning.

Went to a neighborhood celebration pounded tequila and got falling down drunk in front of kids neighbors and families.

I have no idea why i do this to myself.
                    I wish we could know why, but I've become convinced that its just not possible...the reasons are too imbedded and complex.Even if we could understand the why of it, we'd still need to be able to undo our history (I think).....All we can do it to keep trying. At least that should limit the damage.

BTW I'm not sure if I'm entering this right...I'm 59, and not too net savy. I don't even know what a URL is or means!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

never had a chance to check in this morning & the day has been long & busy

Welcome to patricia & madjohn! Glad you are both here!
                      Please settle in & make yourselves comfortable.
                      Hope you are both familiar with the MWO book. If not you can download it from the Health store right here on the site. It's a good place to get started.

May as well say good night & wish everyone a safe night in the nest. Tomorrow is Friday & I hope everyone has a good weeken plan
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all, day 3 and I am still here which is good. Feeling a lot better this morning than yesterday and am taking sound advice from all the posts, particularly regarding supplements. Lavande thanks for your welcome and PrarieFarie thank you too. My resolve is strong but I think I need to keep in very close contact with these boards, which I intend doing. Am going to start Vitamin B and give L-Glut a go. It's morning here in the UK and the day looks lovely so far - hope wherever you are, your day or evening, as the case may be is good. Px

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Bright & early here in the US patricia, glad to hear you are staying strong! Stick close to MWO for support & security

Hope everyone has a terrific AF Friday the 13th!!!!!!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks L - will most certainly do. Have a good day. Px

Comment

Newbies Nest

Friday the 13th has always been a lucky day for me, so I'm hoping for big doings today! Welcome Patricia and Mad... so glad you are with us. If we all knew the 'WHY' to this thing we'd all be millionares! I guess we just have to deal with the aftermath of it, and take countermeasures to keep it from repeating, as it will do. So we have each other! Hang on, and hang in...Lav says, 'Friday is JUST another day!' Make it a good one! Love and strength to all...Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks BL. Px

Comment

Working...
                                X