Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning All. Day 17 for me today. Day 15 was my worst so far - stayed in bed all day, completely drained and so very, very tired. Woke up with a clearer head on Day 16, and actually got some things done, but felt very depressed and blue. Not craving AL much, but not feeling much better or different yet for living without it. Been so tired and down that I haven't really been good about continuing to take the supps, which might be part of the problem? Still waking up every morning with a headache, and today I'm all achey and sore - and the detox has decided to express itself on my face with some lovely big red chorbs!
    So I'm definitely not the poster child for a good early abstinence story, but I'm still also determined not to go back to AL because I know with absolute certainty that it's not "better" than where I am now. I guess I just expected to start feeling wonderful - and maybe it's a bit scary that AL has obviously had more of an effect on my body than I'd been aware of. I'm feeling frustrated, but as I say that I remember that I can't be where I want to be, I just have to allow myself to be where I am, and allow the process to work. This journey is different for everyone, and I'm on the right path now.
    Thank-you everyone that this is a place where I can just express exactly how I'm feeling and where I'm at, and that I'm not expected to be all ra-ra/happy/positive. Will try to check in later, and hope to be able to say that I took my supps at least....
    If you always think what you've always thought,
    You'll always feel what you've always felt.
    If you always feel what you've always felt,
    You'll always do what you've always done.
    If you always do what you've always done,
    You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
    6 Days AF = DONE
    14 Days AF = DONE
    21 Days AF = DONE
    28 Days AF = DONE
    30 Days AF = DONE
    60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi My Nestie Friends!

Well I've been out of the nest for 1.5 days...FINALLY had to admit defeat and go home sick on Wednesday and then stayed home Thursday. This stomach "bug" or whatever it is really got to me. I am MUCH better today after some Imodium AD and a full day and a half of rest. Of course I came into work to a MESS and my boss is off today so there are little sticky notes everywhere of things that need to be done. I might accidentally brush them into the trash and claim I never saw them. LOL J/K

I'm trying to catch up on all the posts. Sounds like everyone is doing well for the most part. I had quite an inner battle yesterday...thinking I'd go of AB and have "a few" next weekend. I rode it out and took my AB today, but I was shocked at how long the debate went on. And this happened while I'm battling a stomach bug...and lord knows what alcohol does to your stomach anyway. It made no sense, but I just let my mind think about it, then I shut it down. I guess that's going to keep happening for a while, thankfully it does NOT happen often.

Ok, I guess I better go...the "fires" at work are starting and I'm ready to go home! It's pouring rain, thunder/lightning right now...I'd love to be at home next to the fire with a book...but alas, there are bills to pay! LOL

I'll check in later my peeps!

K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters
        I'm back from my 5 day trip to the Isle of Mull, had a fabulous time, fabulous weather and I didn't drink so today is day 50 !!!!
        Haven't had time to read or catch up yet but thought I'd better check in now I'm home.
        See you later
        Sausage x
        Day 50

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Welcome to Patricia & Madjohn:welcome:

Desert Lady - You are doing great! The initial detox is tough, but you will feel better later on - and it is much better than a hangover!

K9 - Sorry about the bug .... I hate it when I get one and with small kids I catch it about 3 times a year!! Good luck with catching up on all your work!

Sausage.... 50 days??? Wow! Congrats!:goodjob:

I had a great day with my daughter and asked someone to take a picture of us. Cute kid, but DAMN my face got so round!!! I visualize how I jog and sweat and do crunches and then never do it.... It is time!!
          12-20-2012 AF
          Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I'm happy to say thats day 4 over and I'm still AF. I even went into the pub with a friend and had a non alcoholic drink. The Barman saw me come in and started to pour me a glass of wine. I felt great saying no ... just soda water and lime please. He didn't even ask why . . .I havent thought what to say yet in public. All peoples comments on here are an inspiration.
            AF 20-05-2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Like I hate Fridays....
              Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want to drink so Fucking bad...This suck...I don't know if I can do this....I am ready to just say screw it! My husband is trying to help but I just want to tell him to get lost!!! I told him that he can't be my person cuz all its going to do is make me mad at him and I was right...Just flippen leave! UGH!!!
                Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Honey,
                  I know you are in your witching hour right now, and it sucks! There's no other way to say it. Imagine a glass of wine, but fast forward to tomorrow morning...the guilt, the headache, the upset stomach, and possibly some embarrassment between now and then. I think you should take a nice long hot bath and either read a book or watch some mindless TV. You'll be so happy to wake up refreshed on Saturday morning...as opposed to "coming to" with a massive hangover.
                  Let us know how you're doing. I am sending you strength!!!!
                  K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Enjoyed a nice Spring day with my daughter & grandaughter ~ perfect really
                    These days are possible for me only because I chose to stop letting AL control my life.
                    If I was still drinking & constantly hungover I sure would be missing out on a lot

Please keep that in mind Honey!
                    AL will fix no problems in your life, I promise you that. Sit down & figure out what is triggering you then find another solution. There is always a better solution to address our issues.

Wishing everyone a very safe night in the nest. Grab the extra butt velcro or whatever it's going to take!!!

K9, glad you are on the mend!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honey...be sure to eat something. Don't let yourself get hungry...a full tummy is very distracting. Don't give in to the Bastard AL...he will tell you anything to get you to cave. This is his dying struggle to stay alive...cut it off at the head. Don't look back, look ahead. It will get easier...tomorrow will be an absolutely fantastic day...just hang in with us. Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are so right K9...it won't stop at one glass...it won't stop until you are absolutely drunk out of your mind. Then you will wake up with the G/S/R Brothers...Guilt/Shame/Remorse. One night of white knuckles is worth the lifetime of freedom that you are going to have. Say NO, HELL NO! I will NOT give in to you! Keep reading and stay busy...it is HARD but it is WORTH it. MindPeace...Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow those cravings on fridays nights and saturday nights , are worser..... But just think of no hangover and blackouts!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 and feeling very grateful. Px
                            Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

It is day 12 AF for me today and I feel great.
                              I still think about drinking but don't really see it as an option anymore, I just tell myself that I don't drink. I know it's early days yet but this seems to be working so far along with loads of vitamins and Campral.

I hope you are doing ok Honeysoup and managed to stay strong. Thinking of you.

Beffy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good night in the nest

Congrats to everyone moving forward & building new & better AF lives
                                Nothing changes if nothing changes so it really is up to each & everyone of us to take drinking as an option completely off the table. Finding new ways to deal with everyday life is completely doable. When we cease pouring poison down our throats a whole new world opens up

I hope to get tons of things done outside on this lovely Spring day. I wish a wonderful AF Saturday for everyone.
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X