Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Back in the nest.
    Good morning everyone. Lots of cleaning and outdoor work today.
    It's a great day to be sober.
    Day 1 again 11/5/19
    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it through the Friday dance with the devil - I HATE weekends- especially early in a quit.

BLAH
      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 18 for me today - Hallo All! Feeling clearer in the head and slightly more energetic. Realised that maybe my focus needs to shift now from "getting through the first two weeks" to "rebuild and heal my body". It obviously needs so much more detoxing and then recovery time. So today, I'm going to get back up to speed with my supps (L-Glut and GABA) finally arrived yesterday, and work on some sort of eating plan so that I get the nutrients in. Hmmm, must be feeling more hopeful too, not so dreary - yay!

How is everyone else doing on this Saturday morning?
        If you always think what you've always thought,
        You'll always feel what you've always felt.
        If you always feel what you've always felt,
        You'll always do what you've always done.
        If you always do what you've always done,
        You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
        6 Days AF = DONE
        14 Days AF = DONE
        21 Days AF = DONE
        28 Days AF = DONE
        30 Days AF = DONE
        60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody, day 4 and not enjoying either friday or Saturday. Feel fed up and bit bored. Hope all is well with everybody. Px
          Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Making up my shopping list Patricia - and trying not to want to stop in the wine aisle. In a grumpy mood, know it won't fix anything, will in fact make it worse- but since I recognize I am having a moment of weakness - I am holding off until I can trust myself.
            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi P F good luck with the shopping, once the al is out of us it's the habits and routine that's hard isn't it. I've been shopping but since I am always hitting shops, it's not really a problem for me but being home on a weekend not supping is boring. Just keep thinking of my long term target and how easily I could smash it and be back again at square one. Even not enjoying Poriot - never thought I'd say that! Px
              Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well its day 4 AF free. Its been a hard and difficult day today . . .a lot of temptation has came my way today and I have resisted. I know once I get through today . . .I'll feel proud of myself. Again thanks for all the inspirational posts today.

Thanks

Berner
                AF 20-05-2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon all,

You know each time you say NO to the drinking thoughts you become just a little stronger......practice makes perfect, right
                  It really doens't matter how grumpy you feel today because tomorrow you will wake up hangover free with an increased sense of pride & that is nothing to sneeze at!!!

Hang in there everyone - you're doing great
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Seems like this is the place to be!
                    Currently first day at trying to be sober. After years of drinking the hard stuff.
                    I want a drink so so bad.
                    Have to do this, glad I found this great website.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Kittykatlost!

You are right, this is the place. Glad you are with us. Have a little snack, it works for me to take care of cravings. Or have a big snack, or go to bed early, whatever it takes to get you through it. The first few days will be the hardest, an all out fight sometimes. But you have the guts that it takes, or else you wouldn't be looking for solutions. :welcome:

Berner, nice job getting through some rough spots. I hope you have a nice weekend. Part of the fun of being AF is the weekend, although they can be hard at first.

Desertlady, glad you are feeling better!

Welcome Patricia!

Nursie, I did alot of yard work too! It's alot easier without the raging hangover!

I hope everyone has a great AF weekend!
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kitty, glad you dropped in

The first few days are the hardest but if you just hang in there you'll make your goals.
                        If you haven't already be sure to download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site. It has lots of good info. Also, look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for hundreds of great ways to distract yourself, keep yourself busy during the early days. Make yourself a plan to succeed

Pinecone, I actually got a few tomato plants & some basil in my garden today. Hope it stays warm enough......
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, everybody! And welcome, KittyKatLost! DesertLady, Berner, PF, and everyone else making it through the cravings--I'm right there with you and think you guys are doing a fabulous job. Thanks for keeping me motivated and helping me feel less alone in this.

So I'm still AF! There is a part of me that really wants a drink tonight, but I'm just not going to. Had a great counseling session yesterday and got my house clean today. I don't want to mess up the AF days I've collected, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself this evening. My daughter is unexpectedly going to her dad's tonight, and I am nervous about being home on a Saturday night by myself. I've been feeling restless, like I want to socialize, but I really don't want to be around my friends drinking right now. My gf and I had our weekend skype date last night and she is out with friends this evening, so distracting myself that way isn't really an option.

Ill figure it out. Maybe I'll take a really nice bath and paint my nails. And possibly get Ben & Jerry's. Anyway, hope everyone has a great night! Stay strong!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Having my own struggles tonight too Pocket. Weekends are hard - weekends by myself harder. Weekends where things are strained with the SO - harder still. Fighting the drive to the shop - HARD.

Not sure how this one is going to go.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep going, Prarie Fairy! Think about how good you will feel tomorrow morning after you make it through this. Give yourself permission to do whatever you want to night but drink. Anything. My gf and her friends are making bacon sundaes with caramel sauce (?!) and earlier today I was thinking about that and how well I'm doing eating better. But tonight? Forget it. Now, a bacon sundae does not really appeal to me, but I am going to pig out on some ice cream. I'd rather be chubby and sober than give in to AL again.

I'm sorry things are tense with the SO. That definitely makes it harder. But if you're anything like me, if you drink things will still be tense but you might have a bit of AL-fueled self-righteousness, which only makes things worse. Or you might feel depressed and sad. Even if not tonight, tomorrow. You can do this. Make yourself an l-glut cocktail and get to tomorrow! It's your day 14 tomorrow, right? :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

And I hear you about the shop. I have a liquor store pretty much across the street and have to drive by it every time I leave and come home. Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X