Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you for that pep talk Byrdie, I am going to copy it and print it out ready for Friday night it is just what I need to be telling myself :thanks: I am very grateful for you taking the time to write that

K9 I will keep on keeping on

Lolab you can buy absolutely any alcohol in almost every shop I go in !!!!!
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear all, I thought I'd drop on by and say 'hello'. I wish the very best of luck in our battle against alcoholic stupifcation.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Late check in from me, haven't had time to read properly, been at work. Wanted to stay accountable here on day 54.
        See you all tomorrow x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

I have been out of town and didn't take my computer with me so I am very behind on all the reading in the "Nest". I am home for 10 days and then headed to Palm Springs.

Anyone in Palm Springs?

Sausage- Congratulations on 1 month AF. That is really awesome and I am envious and proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Question: Is there an easy way to find my last post without having to go through every page looking for it. It's hard to find my last post when I haven't been on for a few days and I want to get caught up on my reading. This time i went back to page 1000 out of 2000 pages. It takes too long.

Have a great day
          :hitme:
          Day 1:4/4/2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mimi, go up to your own name in a message you wrote, the one beside your avatar and left click...a menu will appear, and you just click on find all Mimi's posts....badda bing! Welcome back! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Helluva post Byrdie! Your words are like wings to sobriety.

I had quite a day. But I also made some decisions and made some movement in a very positive direction.

I had no thoughts of Al till I got home. Then I wished I had wine when I got mad at my husband for something dumb. It passed.

I got invited out for drinks with co-workers. I declined. Nobody cared.

I'm sober and sane. Feels awesome.

*sprinkles sober dust for the nest*
              Day 1 again 11/5/19
              Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
              Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
              Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
              11/27/19: messed up but back on track
              12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, I just want to check in and say hello. I don't post as often anymore, but I do read everyday.

Byrdie, great post, thank you for posting that.

Nursie, isn't it funny how nobody really cares as much as we think they will? Your posts sound like they are coming from a good place now (you got that serenity going, dontcha!).

Lav, Lolab, K9, Sausage, Mauri, great to see you all here! I'm off for the next couple of days so I will try to post a bit more. Have a great AF night!
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Nice to see happy nesters

Glad you dropped in Solace!
                  You'll find lots of newbies here, some oldbies (like me) & some who fly back in to restart their journey. Please make yourself comfortable & let us know what your plan is, OK?

Lola, still no wine or beer sales in supermarkets around here & for that I am grateful

Nice to see you Pinecone - pot away & enjoy your time off!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done KKL, just stick at it, a week ago I'd not have put money on me still being here to post that I'm now on day 8 with 7 AF nights under my belt. On the downside I've resisted the scales for a week but promised myself that once I'd done 7 nights AF I'd weight myself - I've put on 2lbs . . . . . . oh well, I just told myself that it has got to start going down sooner or later, with the ceasing of alcohol and subsequently not snacking in the middle of the night I've got to have saved 4K of calories over the week. Clothes are a bit loser though and I think I'm less bloated in the face Sleep however is cr*p but it has been for about a year now but at least I don't wake up sweating and hating myself . . . . . . . The joys . . . . . . Good luck to one and all . . . . . . Px
                    Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woke up for the 5th day in a row sober and I still jolted awake as if I drank last night.
                      So relieved I didn't and that I am happily unhung.
                      Man that's scary to have that feeling.

Hope everyone has a great day!
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Patricia I am sure the weight will come off, as you say the calories saved are numerous, I worked out my intake through AL a day was around 1000 :egad I am following the Slimming World diet and have been (excluding wine) for the past 4 weeks, I have lost 10 pounds so far and I am really happy!!

Just had a child free morning, been really busy, tidied the cellar, finished my canvas and did 2.5 hours of ironing!! Looking forward to another sober evening, have cooked up some spicy chicken drumsticks for snack attacks and off to buy decaff tea this afternoon

Hope everyone is having a good day?
                        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy hump day! Lots of clouds over my portion of the nest, hopefully they will bring some much needed rain. Another busy day in store for me, grateful to be unsung

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patricia, I actually got a little excited feeling reading your post - thinking about the wonderful things that are headed your way...I couldn't remember having a good night's sleep - before I quit - and now if I have a bad night - I can really feel it. I honestly don't know how I went on day after day - waking up by 1 or 2 or 3 and being awake til 5 then "napping" til 6:15...well, I DO know how. I got up and started drinking again. My sleep is not perfect now but in comparison to then? - holy crap...the change is unbelievable.

And weight didn't come off initially. It was probably well over a month before it started - but now even though I'm at that age where weight is supposed to get REALLY hard to take off and keep off - I am down to my college days weight. And I feel good. I don't diet either.

But - I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....one of those days where every little thing gets under my skin...starting with the dog jumping down off the bed 15 MINUTES before I actually had to get up...then she stands at the door scratching to get out. ugh. little things adding up - that probably would have had me taking my first drink today before 8 AM. Honest. And as it went down my throat, I would know that I was writing today off - not much would get done - I'd be in a haze - ugh.

But without using AL as an excuse, I can look at that lost 15 minutes of sleep - and laugh about it. The broken coffee pot? I'm going to google to see if I can figure out what the heck is wrong with it. The headache scratchy throat from allergies? All the other little things? NONE of them are worth losing even one minute of my day - of my life - to that awful fog again. It was dismal. Now I'm living in color...3D even! as opposed to being in a black and white movie.

Nursie, I woke up a couple days over the weekend feeling like that! And I think it was just from the amount of time I thought about drinking the day before. I wrestled with it big time for about a day and a half...

You keep going Mauri - Byrdie had another amazing post - over here - https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...lol-62559.html Get ready because it sounds like by this weekend, your brain will be trying to bargain with you - the better you prepare yourself - the easier it will be to say - "aha - I saw THIS coming! And it's a TRICK"

Lav, I'm glad you're unhung - but you are our unsung hero, too.

ok - I'm off to google Keurig problems.
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lolab

Thanks for this - it's posts like this that keep us all going - it really helps to identify with people. The sleep pattern is identical but I'm a creature of habit who needs their tea in the morning, then coffee and then wine in the evening - trouble was it was usually every evening . . . . . and after years and years and years as well as taking its toll physically, it also plays havoc with our minds, especially in its weakened state. As for weight, about ten years ago I stopped drinking for 18 months and it fell off and I think I expected it again but I do feel patient - if it takes a month or so for everything to balance out then that's ok as well. Sorry your day didn't start well - mine didn't yesterday . . . . . . Your posts are inspirational. Thank you. Px
                              Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning - and it actually feels like it too! Less of a headache today, which is great. Nursie, I so get what you mean about jolting awake. I still keep waking up headachey, so the first thing I do is think back to the night before - and then relax because I remember I'm sober - and then I grin!
                                I'm also really hoping the weight will start coming off soon - minus AL calories and late night snacking (didn't realise how much the two are connected!), it's got to make a difference. I refuse to get on a scale though, so I'm waiting for clothes to start feeling different. Haven't started exercising yet either, and that will also help.
                                I have noticed so many changes in my face over the past 3 weeks (22 Days today - whoop whoop!). It's bounced around from feeling really soft and nourished, to busting out with spots, to feeling grainy - it's as though it's reflecting the detox I'm going through.
                                Felt really, really grateful yesterday for the amazing wonderfulness of the human body - went back to the doc for my test results, and other than high blood pressure, everything else is perfectly fine! Cannot believe that AL hasn't had a huge effect on my organs, but it seems my body has been looking after me despite the poison I've been pouring into it. Makes me want to honour that and work extra hard at providing it with what it needs to heal....
                                Time to get boys to school now. Hope everyone has a great AL free day!
                                If you always think what you've always thought,
                                You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                                If you always feel what you've always felt,
                                You'll always do what you've always done.
                                If you always do what you've always done,
                                You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                                6 Days AF = DONE
                                14 Days AF = DONE
                                21 Days AF = DONE
                                28 Days AF = DONE
                                30 Days AF = DONE
                                60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Working...
                                X