Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 1

Not my first, but counting on my last Day 1. New here and just wanted to say hello. Thanks for being here:new:
    :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
    DAY - 2 Processing
    DAY - 3
    DAY - 4
    DAY - 5
    DAY - 6
    DAY - 7
    DAY - 8
    DAY - 9
    DAY -10

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Leciejo

Welcome. Well done on coming onboard. Today is my last Day 2. One day at a time

Cheers

Berner
      AF 20-05-2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Berner, day was easy, night...not so much. Keepin it busy

leciejo:thanks:

DAY - 1 Done
        DAY - 2 Processing
        DAY - 3
        DAY - 4
        DAY - 5
        DAY - 6
        DAY - 7
        DAY - 8
        DAY - 9
        DAY -10

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Always room for another Newbie - Welcome leciejo!
          Glad you decided to join us, this is a good place
          Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health store here on the site. That's what I did when I joined. And here's a link to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html It has lots of great ideas to help you make your plan.
          Sticking close to MWO, using the MWO Hypno CDs, making a good plan to address my drinking triggers along with a strong commitment to succeed helped me reach my goal ~ an AF life. You can do it too

Berner, day 2 is good - keep going & you'll be so proud of yourself!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!!!!
          Tomorrow is May Day - yikes!!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm happy to report it's been 15 days since I slipped, or rather since I *chose* to drink. I can honestly say that I have not had daily cravings, only here and there thoughts about AL...I no longer automatically think of buying AL when I come home from work. I am so glad that I didn't turn the few slips into a habit, because it has not been difficult to not drink again. Nothing like it was in the beginning, thank God.

Daya, thank you for your concern. It was something I considered, definitely. I'm not having pain today unless I cough or move a certain way, so I really do feel like it's a pulled muscle. It is on the right side and no pain or numbness on the left side at all...no facial problems.

Lifechange, a nude beach? Really?:H:H:H Did you participate? Good on you for enjoying AF time with the girls!

Hope everyone is having a great evening/afternoon/morning, whichever it may be for you. Monday night here...

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

On a side note, I'm happy to report that I'm getting noticed by men again. No one's said anything about my appearance at work, but I've noticed the looks from the opposite sex. I didn't realized how much I missed it, lol.

LG

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome Leicijo!! and good morning everyone!
                LG, i'm still not so comfortable with walking around naked in front of a bunch of people i don't know. but i do appreciate, in general here, that people aren't so obsessed with their bodies. there isn't as much shame. and there isn't so much fad dieting or stress about having the perfect body.
                on that note, i'm off to an aa meeting for a bit of extra support and then a run.
                a gorgeous sober tuesday mayday to you all

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is day 3 for me and I've realized that giving up alcohol is such a life changing process. I've made a list of things I need to do. Go through my mobile and remove all those contacts I get tempted to drink with. I've deactivated my Facebook account. I need to realize that expartner and friends who have been hurt by my actions it is up to them to re-establish contact. Sometimes (well a lot of the time) the damage we do to some people through alcohol is irreversable ... I have to learn and deal with that. One day at a time but it will feel great/fantastic to get 1 week AF .. 1 month AF ... That would start to give me some pride back but I know its 1 day at a time.

Sorry to ramble on

Berner
                  AF 20-05-2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi...I am new here. Not sure what I want but I know I am tired of feeling this way and want things too change. Reading here is helpful. Thanks for being here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome I think we all don't know what we want...but know what we don't want, which is feeling the way we have been feeling. This is a great place, and I'm not a forum kind of person. The people here are incredibly wise.

Stick around :welcome:

Yogamom;1308206 wrote: Hi...I am new here. Not sure what I want but I know I am tired of feeling this way and want things too change. Reading here is helpful. Thanks for being here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hello & welcome yogamom! Glad you decided to join us - please settle in for as long as you like
                        Have you read the MWO book yet? I downloaded it right from the Health store here. Good place to get started.

Daya, I wasn't a forum person either until I found MWO ~ so glad I did

Berner, taking those positive steps is a good sign, very brave of you. Staying away from people & or drinking triggers is a positive step toward lasting sobriety!

I have a long list of things to do today so I should get started now. Will be back later.
                        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Berner, your note struck a chord with me. Pride is one of the many things we lose with this disease. Library mentioned it, too. I noticed when I was deep within the rabbit hole (of addition), nothing else began to matter...my appearance was slipping, people weren't taking me at my word...I was becoming 'insignificant' in just about every way...except to my husband to whom I was becoming something far worse...a burden. But I didn't see it down in the hole...all I needed to do was ensure my next supply of AL so I could keep fuel on the fire. It wasn't until I started climbing out that I realized what I had done to myself. It's very sad. It's almost as if I am someone else looking in on the situation...I wish I could grab that girl by the collar and shake her saying..."Don't you see what you are doing to yourself??" "Can't you see you are killing yourself from the inside out?" "Can't you see that the problem IS THE ALCOHOL?" I couldn't see it then, but I sure can now. It doesn't take but about 3 good AF days for you to begin to see that light...and for every day you put between you and AL, that light gets a little brighter, and the hole not as deep. You begin to get a sense of self back......and self preservation!! And, thankfully, some pride. When you look in the mirror after success...you see success! And that is what we build on. I have gained back the respect of my co workers and peers, my husband...and most of all, myself. It is the best gift I've ever given or received. If I told you I had a cure for this awful feeling of despair and depression...would you believe me if I told you it was as simple as making yourself NOT DRINK ALCOHOL?? You must fight for it...and it is SOOO worth it. You can do it, this is YOUR time!!! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post Byrdie!!! All of us can surely relate!

Good morning Nesties. Just working today...Be back later when I can think of more to say, lol.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters - and welcome to Yogamom and L - you've found an awesome place here, with all the support you need! It's Tuesday so I'm on 35 days/5 weeks now - and I'm finally seeing the effects of new "habits" - it's starting to not occur to me to drink in the evening, because that's just not what I do anymore. Over at friends this weekend I did realise though towards the end of the evening that I was finding the company rather boring. They weren't drinking, but because I was sober, not pleasantly buzzed and more focused on where my next drink was coming from, I had to keep taking part in the conversation, and I didn't find it terribly interesting. Was quite surprised to discover this...

Something that concerns me is that I'm STILL tired and still not feeling particularly well. Starting to wonder if I should go see a naturopath and investigate if anything else is wrong. Or is it "normal" for our bodies to take longer to recover? I don't want to worry, but I guess I expected to be feeling much more energetic and healthy by now....

Lilly - have you arrived in Thailand yet? Must admit, I'm quite jealous! To everyone else, Happy May Day - hope it's an awesome one!!
                              If you always think what you've always thought,
                              You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                              If you always feel what you've always felt,
                              You'll always do what you've always done.
                              If you always do what you've always done,
                              You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                              6 Days AF = DONE
                              14 Days AF = DONE
                              21 Days AF = DONE
                              28 Days AF = DONE
                              30 Days AF = DONE
                              60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All, new here too just taking it a minute at a time right now, reading and getting to know my way around. Going to my first meeting tomorrow, would go today but have a meeting with my pastor after work. Gotta get some of this stuff off of my heart. Thanks for being here and listening

leciejo

DAY - 1 Done
                                DAY - 2 Processing
                                DAY - 3
                                DAY - 4
                                DAY - 5
                                DAY - 6
                                DAY - 7
                                DAY - 8
                                DAY - 9