Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

wow this is hard but here goes my first post I am Jackie a Mom of a 6 year old boy and almost 8 year old girl and wife to a wonderful man. I have not had any wine since 4/28. I have finally faced the fact I was using the wine to dull the edge and I have had more than a few nights I am not proud of. I have tried moderating before. I think for now I am taking this one day at a time and will decide later if I will be AF. For now I know I feel so much better about myself and have been fully present for myself my kids and my husband since Sunday. I am enjoying feeling this freedom just scared I won't be able to do this. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tigerlilly / Jackie and welcome to MWO. You have found a great place.
      I am a mum to a 6 yr old and a 7 yr old and was a daily wine drinker. I'm now on day 70 AF and wouldn't have got this far without this wonderful site. Well done on your sober stretch so far. The first few days are the hardest. It will get easier and you will soon start to see the benefits. Check out the Tool Box thread in the monthly abstinence section - great when you are struggling.
      Look forward to seeing you around.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tigerlilly - Welcome to MWO. I know this is not easy, but you've taken the first step, so be proud of yourself! Now that you have a few days AF (alcohol free) under your belt, you can tell how much better it is. In my opinion, the first 3 days are the hardest, so you are already through that. You CAN do this. Stick close and keep posting so we can get to know you!

Aguy - Great job on getting through today! Isn't it nice to know you didn't make an ass of yourself? I was a complete idiot nearly every day that I drank. It's nice to wake up now without the anxiety and panic of wondering what I did the night before. Not to mention the hellacious hangovers. Keep up your good work, it does get easier!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 I know what you mean. I always made an ass of myself when i drank. Now ive lost alot of friends due to what we had in common was drinking. It gets lonenly and depressing but I would rather be sober than have a bunch of people just contributing to my alcohol problem.

I am 33 now its hard to not find people as friends that do not drink, I can not keep getting into trouble and doing the stupid things I did in the past, wish i could just forget about it though, the past haunts me and sometimes tends me to want to drink again, but have to remain strong, certanly is a struggle.
          I am an alcholic and can not moderate, so there is nothing left to do but stop. Some can moderate and stop at a few drinks I cannot.
          This site helps me out alot, it beats the hangovers and feeling like crap the day after, not to mention the shakes, the bloat, the red face, the no appetite..its still a struggle.
          Not to mention what it does to ones health.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Outdated info?

I am curious why on the website's blog, the last entry is from 2008. If I visit the 'order starter kit' ,etc..most of the articles and entries the page is discontinued. Is this outdated info now? Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage, I definately think your post is worthy of the tool box...unfortunately, I don't know how to do that. I kept asking that when I first came on here...over and over I would ask, and finally, someone answered me, but after a couple weeks...I was scared and needed some help, so I think others would appreciate having some sort of gauge. Hope you can get some help to do that. You are such a huge inspiration here...I always look forward to your posts!
              Juice, if you hang around a bit, someone will help you with your question, It's starts out from a long time ago so I'm sure the info is outdated. Please stick around...you are certainly among like minded people. We are glad you found us!
              Mind Peace to all tonight! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tigerlily! Welcome. I am new too. I am a mom. And I am going to be a grandmom too. Plenty of reasons too stay sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all nesters

Hello & welcome to tigerlilly & juice!
                  Glad you found the nest, please settle in & make yourselves comfy.
                  It is actually possible to live a full & happy life without wine or any other poison, you'll see

About making purchases - just click on the Health store tab at the top of any page. You will find everything listed there.
                  I started off buying the MWO pdf so I could read it right away & also ordered the Hypno CDs (they worked like a miracle for me). I put together my own hand picked supplements because I have a lot of allergies & need to avoid some things but you can check all that out in the Health store listings.

Guy, keeping busy on your day off is the way to go

Greetings Sausage, K9, Byrdie, Yogamom & everyone!

Wishing a safe night in the nest for all of us!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie et al
                    I just re typed ( and improved ?) my post on "thoughts at 70 days" in the the Tool Box thread.
                    There probably was a way of cutting and pasting it, but not sure how and I didn't want it to get buried in here.
                    Hope someone finds it useful.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all. Took the dogs for a walk. Without a hangover. Having a cup of coffee. Tastes great. Have a good Friday all. I will be checking back in.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Yoga! PSSsssst *me too* Happy Friday every1
                        :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
                        DAY - 2 Processing
                        DAY - 3
                        DAY - 4
                        DAY - 5
                        DAY - 6
                        DAY - 7
                        DAY - 8
                        DAY - 9
                        DAY -10

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Happy Friday to one & all
                          Hope everyone has a good solid plan to get through the weekend unscathed. Stay busy & stay grateful for your AF time

Have a great day!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I'm sipping coffee too....trying to make a plan for my day. As of right now, it's wide open. But I will just spin in circles if I don't make a plan. I'm bad like that. If I don't make plans, I can do a little of this and a little of that and never accomplish a thing!

For those ready to tackle their first sober weekend in awhile - look at it as an incredible opportunity rather than something you are struggling to get through....yeah, you'll have your moments of struggle - but really...how long has it been since you had an entire glorious weekend without the burdens of alcohol and hangovers?!?!?! Just SEE how much you can get accomplished...even if for you, that means some much needed pampering....or sober conversation with someone you care about...or cleaning out a closet or two....or watching some movies you wanted to see....or reading a book that you had neglected....or planting some flowers!

oooh, i'm giving myself some ideas. :-)

~lola
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAY 4, and Yes, first sober weekend in....I don't know when really. Excited yet apprehensive to get it started. Some great ideas Lola, I think I will add wash my Jeep to that list. No fires or Decktime for these are massive triggers. Cooper...aka DannaDog and I will be doing some trail walking today. He is enjoying the extra time I have for him. Peace and Love everybody.
                              :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
                              DAY - 2 Processing
                              DAY - 3
                              DAY - 4
                              DAY - 5
                              DAY - 6
                              DAY - 7
                              DAY - 8
                              DAY - 9
                              DAY -10

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am thrilled to see Lj, YM and TL enjoying the first of many days AF. I totally agree that the first 3 days are the hardest. Now you are operating on your own power, all the booze has left the building! Which reminds me, get all the AL out of your house! I found it helpful to put myself in the service of others. I like to bake, so it I set myself a task to bake a cake for a neighbor, that gave me something to do, and you won't believe the reaction when you give something like that for no reason. When I was being showered with 'oh, you shouldn't haves!' I was thinking, honey you don't know how much this helped me!! Filling your weekend time will be important! Don't let your mind wander off on the 'what if's'. It is what it is, and this weekend is very important. On Monday morning, you will feel as if you have really made an accomplishment...and you have!! Lav tells us, 'Friday is just another day!' Do whatever it takes to NOT drink a drop and you won't be sorry! Do not cave in no matter what and no matter who!!!
                                May the 4th be with you! (sorry, couldn't help it!!) You can do this! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X