Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I only have 2 seconds to post...but so relate to the brand new folks joining. This is the time to get sober...it is not going to get any easier than it is right now, today. Get all the AL out of your space. As far as being worried about how you will be able to socialize without the help of AL...that will come back to you. It is awkward at first when you don't have the crutch, but it DOES come back. The part of you that was at ease WITH AL, is there...you just have to dig it out again. Welcome all newbies, you are in the best possible place if you want to get rid of AL once and for all. We are all with you and will be here when you think you can't go another 15 minutes. You CAN do this and be free from this awful hell hole. Hang tight and do not cave in today no matter what and no matter who. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, Sausage. I love pigs. I have pictures of pigs all over my house LOL. I want to rescue some one day too. Can you tell me how to get to the tool box again?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry don't know how to attach a link but if you click on the Monthly Abstinence section you will find the Tool Box is the top thread in this section.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Got it!! I am sooo looking forward to reading about all the ways to avoid the poison. Thank you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

By the way, I changed my avatar to another pig so we wouldn't get confused LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Noticed that! Your new piggy used to be my old avatar but I changed it a little while back. I like to have a pig avatar as sausages are generally made of pork! LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all (7:10am, I'm in Melbourne, Australia)

Here begins Day 3 AF and am very happy to not be feeling hunover to start my week :-)

Have fun everyone xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello to Daisy, Rooniferd & Monique - cross posted wit you this morning

Ship, great getting to day 3, now just stick around with us

Kelba, the MWO Hypno CDs really did work great for me. I think it's important to be sure to use them as directed & use them long enough until your sub-conscious gets the message!!!!
                  Yes, my avatar is a pic of my chickens - Buff Orpingtons - love them

Greetings to Byrdie & all the other regulars. I had a totally wonderful AF day with family, grandkids included. If I was still drinking these wonderful days would just be a dream, not my reality

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I’m so glad I found this site! You all already help me so much. Lavender I will definitely buy book and CD. Thank you Kelba, Lifechange, Sausage (if I will have beer in my fridge I will drink it, I can't drink just a little ((- thank you for all advice. I will check Tool Box here shortly. After I left work today (and goalie I look terrible after last night, make up helped, but I couldn't have my sunglasses at work, and my eyes showed everything) the first thought I had was to stop at gas station. I did but all I bought was gas. One day at the time, already worry about tomorrow evening and Tue, my off day. Best wishes guys. One more time sorry for my english.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys,
                      Can I join you in the nest.
                      Today I start again! But need advice and a little support to do this.
                      Will re read the tool box now.
                      SOI
                      Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Over it

I am new here and had just stumbled over one of your much earlier posts about feeling like you intruded and that you were not sure if you were going to get what you need from this site. How did you get over this feeling did you just throw yourself out there or is there something else because for me I am not quite getting it!!!

Are you restarting AF or still drinking and looking for inspiration? Wishing you lots of good luck and the tool box is the way to start according to everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi kelba,
                          I'm so over it, hehe there is someone called over it too.
                          Maybe its there post your referring to?..

I'm going AF again, it's just a better way to live.
                          The toolbox is a fantastic resource.
                          How are going?
                          Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi There
                            Yes Sorry for mix up with names, got it now! Makes you a bit venerable being a newbie! And the site is a bit intimidating too....

Anyway really good luck with going AF it is definately what I am aiming for again, but just finding it so hard to take the first step. Are you using any meds or anything?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again everyone including all the Newbies

Good to see you So Over It - glad you like the Tool Box
                              Have you found the Tool Box yet Kelba?
                              Please don't be intimidated by the site, it's a great friendly supportive place. I'd never posted on an Internet forum in my life until I came here!

Hi to all the other newbies from yesterday, Monique, bell bell and Rooniferd?
                              Newbies you might like to watch the Raining in my heart documentaries about alcoholism, on You tube. There is a link to it as a sticky in one of the threads? It's at the top of the General Discussion section.. Also have you looked at Kick the drink - easily by Jason Vale. Its a great book. Both of these resources will put you off alcohol.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
                              Sausage x
                              Day 74

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all :-)

Looks like most of you guys are from the UK or the US, so Good morning to you...

I know that its almost half Eleven AM in the UK, as I lived there for 4 years and am still in touch with friends there but not sure what the time is the US..

Just a recap.. I had 5 days AF, screwed it up on Friday night with a bottle of vodka and was AF Sat and Sunday.

I am bored shitless this evening ( I live by myself) so bought a bottle of vodka and a bottle of wine...

Of course, I am only planning to have a few shots of vodka and a few glasses of wine...

I know my pattern...Why the FCUK would I buy so much Alcohol to have a few relaxing drinks?

I started toying with the idea of "having a few" at around 2 pm this afternoon and thought immediately "That's NOT what you want to do, forget it!"

I think that if I could stay sober long enough to find some other more sociable interests, I have a hell of a lot easier time not drinking..

I don't ever actually crave Alcohol...I use it because I am bored and or lonely..

I'm a single 42 year old Bloke who is surrounded by good friends who are Married and popping out Kids... I feel like I've missed the boat.. Hence my username :-)

I feel a little bit like I'm a loser and that I haven't "made it"

I've suffered depression and anxiety for a long time, which I seem to be winning the battle with at the moment but at the idea of a relationship, I just think "I'm not good enough" even though I know/think that I am attractive and a really good Person..

I'm not depressed, I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm just a few drinks in and spilling my guts :-P

You guys might as well know a little about me...I am hanging around and beating this shit..

Thanks for listening to my ranting xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X