Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sorry for writing a novel in my last post :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all, especially Sausage and So Over it.

I am the other Over it! and I am back again to give this another try. After a really bad week of falling off the wagon, I have climbed back on again and have buckled up tightly.

So glad that I have finally found the tool box, thanks Sausage, this is not a particularly "user friendly" site sometimes.

Thanks for staying in touch.
      xx :l
      If at first you dont succeed......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi So over it, Kelba and Bellbell. Welcome to the nest. This is a good place to find lots of support. Bellbell, your English is fine . :welcome:

Ship at sea, your post reminds me of alot of my own patterns when I was drinking. I always ended up buying alcohol even after I really desperately wanted to quit. It felt like I was constantly having an argument with myself, or a conflict with myself. Always making promises when I woke up at 2:00 AM that I would quit, but by 5:00 PM, I was always making an excuse to get to the store...Then I would look at the beer on the seat next to me and shake my head in disbelief. The disbelief would always go away when I started drinking, and on and on. I ended up being not the person I wanted to be. I wasn't a terrible person, but the loss of potential hurt alot. I had some depression and anxiety too, and I can't believe how much quitting alcohol has helped with that. I'm glad you wrote that post, and I hope you stick around here.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I am also starting over....again! I have woken up to day 2 AF and it feels so good not to be hung over. I had a really rough night though.....terrible night sweats...I actually woke up soaking wet...ugh! Has anyone ever had that and how long before it passes? I am not sure whether it's pre-menapause or the lack of AL in my system..Ha! I am taking L-Glut, Milk Thistle and Kudzu along with Zoloft for my anxiety. I have been on Zoloft for many years so that is not anything new. I have read on here that everyone swears by L-Glut for stopping the cravings so I am giving it a try. I am also making sure that I keep posting on here and reading everone elses posts...I can totally relate with everyone. I was on here ALOT yesterday and I am laying in bed right now watching Good Morning America and I figured I would come back on here to get some motiviation for today. I have the windows open...the birds are chirping, there is a nice breeze (finally) and I can see and hear my horses from my bedroom window. Life is good! So I just keep telling myself that I will NOT go out and buy a bottle of vodka today. I have also jumped back on the wagon and not only have a buckled up but I have Crazy Glued my ass to the seat!
          Good luck to everyone today..I will be thinking of you as I go through my own struggles...it's nice to know that I am not alone!
          Where is this tool box that everyone keeps talking about? How do I get to it?
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, Welcome to all the new people. I am new myself too. Is it mostly ladies here or is it me? We need to get stay sober don't we! It was a nice weekend with no hangover.....how lovely. Stay close and connected and we can do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1311833 wrote: Hi So over it, Kelba and Bellbell. Welcome to the nest. This is a good place to find lots of support. Bellbell, your English is fine . :welcome:

Ship at sea, your post reminds me of alot of my own patterns when I was drinking. I always ended up buying alcohol even after I really desperately wanted to quit. It felt like I was constantly having an argument with myself, or a conflict with myself. Always making promises when I woke up at 2:00 AM that I would quit, but by 5:00 PM, I was always making an excuse to get to the store...Then I would look at the beer on the seat next to me and shake my head in disbelief. The disbelief would always go away when I started drinking, and on and on. I ended up being not the person I wanted to be. I wasn't a terrible person, but the loss of potential hurt alot. I had some depression and anxiety too, and I can't believe how much quitting alcohol has helped with that. I'm glad you wrote that post, and I hope you stick around here.
                Thanks so much, seriously..

It's the loss of potential that I need to get over, I have wasted 10 years of my life, that's what upsets me, I DON'T WANT TO BE THE PERSON I AM...

Without AL, I am happy, make everyone laugh and have always had girlfriends...

Al has made me inept at all of the above.....

One would think it was an easy choice...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Welcome back to the returning nesters, there's room for everyone & plenty of butt velcro or glue available, whatever you prefer

Ship, I think we can all agree with you that our drinking time was a huge waste of time. But the important thing is you're not drinking today & today is what counts!!! We can't change the past so don't waste your energy dwelling on all that. Stay positive, focus on today while building a better future for yourself!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone ...

Ship at Sea ... I'm sure you are "a really good Person" and you wouldn't be here if you didn't want to make changes.

We've all been there; buying alcohol and drinking too much when we vowed we wouldn't. This was stb my tapering off weekend as I am going to see a Dr. at a treatment center tomorrow to start an outpatient detox. But I didn't taper so much. 3 bottles of wine Friday. 2 on Sat. 2 plus an extra glass of wine stopping to get fish and chips at a lovely out-of-the-way lakeside bar on the way home from a restorative afternoon catching up on a week's worth of WSJs at a friend's lakeview cabin. Still it felt like I was medicating just enough; not really getting drunk. Passed out on my couch; woke up at midnight, went to bed, woke up again at 4am. Having a glass of chardonnay now. About to get ready for work. Hopefully this will be my last day of this and I will be successful stopping tomorrow with Rx help.

OK, silly question, how do I add an avatar and my personal quote like so many of you clever folks have? I'm usually not totally computer-challenged but this site has been for me.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                    ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                    :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Pinecone! I am reading it now!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

akaMonique;1311857 wrote: Hello everyone ...

Ship at Sea ... I'm sure you are "a really good Person" and you wouldn't be here if you didn't want to make changes.

We've all been there; buying alcohol and drinking too much when we vowed we wouldn't. This was stb my tapering off weekend as I am going to see a Dr. at a treatment center tomorrow to start an outpatient detox. But I didn't taper so much. 3 bottles of wine Friday. 2 on Sat. 2 plus an extra glass of wine stopping to get fish and chips at a lovely out-of-the-way lakeside bar on the way home from a restorative afternoon catching up on a week's worth of WSJs at a friend's lakeview cabin. Still it felt like I was medicating just enough; not really getting drunk. Passed out on my couch; woke up at midnight, went to bed, woke up again at 4am. Having a glass of chardonnay now. About to get ready for work. Hopefully this will be my last day of this and I will be successful stopping tomorrow with Rx help.

OK, silly question, how do I add an avatar and my personal quote like so many of you clever folks have? I'm usually not totally computer-challenged but this site has been for me.
                        Well done you.

Make sure you report after detox...

You are awesome..

Comment

Newbies Nest

GM all. I am feeling pretty down this morning, have to start over with day one again. Weekend did me in. I didn't drink anything near what I normally would, but the plan was AF. I will remain positive for the day and attend another meeting tonight. Thanks
                          :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
                          DAY - 2 Processing
                          DAY - 3
                          DAY - 4
                          DAY - 5
                          DAY - 6
                          DAY - 7
                          DAY - 8
                          DAY - 9
                          DAY -10

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,
                            I'm back as well. I'm sick of waking up in a fog and angry with myself. I need to stay in touch here as I find it really does help. Destiney, when I've quit before I had night sweats too, I think it's your body detoxing.
                            Ship, I find boredom a big weakness for me too. I have to find some new hobbies.
                            O.k. Day one here I come.
                            Ishy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! What a great Monday morning with all these new commitments in the nest. So many starting out around the same time - there should be some awesome support. But I gotta say that I'm a little scared of trying to sort everyone out! It'll take me a couple days of hanging around, I'm sure...(what - did the Newbie's Nest offer a two for one sign up special???) :-)

Soo many times in the past I bought vodka with full intentions of just having it to have a little bit here and there...."this bottle will last me awhile"..."it'll be nice just to have it here when I want just a little"...then I'd wake up in the middle of the night and realize that I'd poured that first drink right when I got home, and kept pouring them until i couldn't remember. And like Pinecone, I'd wake up and I'd say right out loud in the middle of the night "I just can't have it in the house!" But I'd never even make it the next day without more. I wasted years and years like that. most of my son's childhood like that...I struggled with the guilt over that while I was doing it and actually for a long time after i first quit but recently I've been able to let it go. I feel so great about how I'm living my life now that I'm much more in the moment. I'm not worrying about what I'll be doing in 5 or 10 years - and I'm not regretting what I did 5 or 10 or 20 years ago. It truly is amazing what a natural high it is - living without alcohol...

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

~lola
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am glad that is not just me Lolab. I think I need to get a piece of paper and write down everyone's name! I am in a fog to begin with these days. But we can do this! Reasons to stay sober.... my kids need me, my grandkids need me, my mom needs me, my mom needs me, I want to feel good in the am, I want to live, I want to be healthy, I want to look my age not 10 years older, I want to feel my age not 10 years older, I want to have money for my kids not waste it on alcohol, I still have lots of good years left if I act now, .........

Comment

Working...
                                X