Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon nesters! I am certainly off to a slow start today. However, I am very busy at work and just wanted to come back on and say hello.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY! Glad you stopped in.

Hello to everyone else and thanks to SD for starting the Jump In June thread! Talk to you all later

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello all......and welcome back to Sun!!!....you've been missed....and I guess happy birthday wishes are due as well. Happy Birthday my dear! Hope all of you had a wonderful day and may tonight bring you peace and appreciation of a day well spent.
      Goodnight my cherubs.
      Papa R & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!

It's going to be another beautiful Ohio day, I can just tell! Today is the day my grandson arrives from Florida for a week. He and his mother will be staying with her family but it is just 10 miles from here and they will definitely be over to visit with us and possible stay a night or two! I just wish I wasn't so busy at work. I'd take time off if I could.

SD, many of our schools are having to make up days because besides the regular winter calamity days, we had several last fall when hurricane Ike hit. Yes, it hit OHIO! The national news never reported it much. I guess we don't count as much as Texas or Louisianna! But, honest to gosh, we were his hard by Ike. After it hit Texas it reversed course. I was watching a Bengals/Browns game when suddenly the winds were 70 mph and trees were cracking and branches were flying! Many people were out of power for a week or more. We had to use our back up generator for several days.

Have a great day everyone!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI!
          I'll have to catch up later...just wanted to swoop by and say hello....my son has been sick so I've been up at the hospital with him...I'll check back in when I can...just came home to change...saw Sunny stopped by...AWESOME!!.....But I really need to get back...hope everyone in the nest is behavin' themselves!! I know how rowdy things can get in here!!:H
          Catch up with everyone real soon!!!
          SD:l
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters
            So sorry about your son SD. I hope he feels better soon.
            Happy Birthday Sunnibutt. Have missed your ass around here.lol
            Well, not much going on with the Agency. I did get a call from the Visiting Nurses Assoc. today in the city next to mine, so we will see. I had my hearing with unemployment today, and basically it was my word against theirs, so we will see about that too. Getting ready to watch the Red Sox play Detroit. Go Sox. Hope all are well. Miss you Lil.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Quiet day in the nest....allow me to add to the silence.....goodnight cherubs.
              Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all Nesters! Didn't have time to post this morning. Work is very hectic and going through some very personal issues right now. I won't be around for awhile, but you will all be in my heart, thoughts and prayers. I can't talk about what is going on right now, but it does not involve AL!

SD, thanks for the update. My heart is breaking over what you and your son are going through. I have been there and it hurts. So glad his dad is there. My son didn't want his dad around or brothers around at the time. I know it is hard to be around the ex, but you are a FABULOUS mom and know that it what Brayden needs.

I will check in as soon as I can. I love you all :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dill, I forgot to say to have fun with your grandson. I will have mine on Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait! He will be sooooo spoiled! Have fun and enjoy the overnight visits!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning!

Well, maybe not so good for me: I have a dentist appointment to get a couple of teeth crowned. I'll be a big girl about it!

PR, hope you and G are well.

Sea, I see the Sox beat the Tigers pretty soundly. My Indians went down to the twins. Sigh.

Chops, I am going to miss you! I will be thinking of you. Check in when you canl

Have a great day, everyone!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters
                      Yes Dill Sox did beat the Tigers
                      Hope everything is ok Chopper and that you will not be away for long.
                      SD-Hope your son is feeling better
                      Have a great day everyone. I will check in on you all later.
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters,

it's raning, raining outside and hubby is taking a nap. So I actually have some time to myself!

SD-I'm so sorry to hear your son is sick. What exactly is wrong with him? I've tried to caught up but I must have missed it in my reading. I just hope he is better soon.

Sea-You little sports nut you. Did you grow up with a bunch of brothers to like sports so much? Do you still have your room mate? I'm so far behind on the new. Sorry!

Lav-You sound so positive! Just hang in there and keep on keepin on. That's all I try to do.

Dill-I remember when Ike hit Ohio. My daughter who lives in Ohio didn't have power for 21 days! She got really tired of taking cold showers. I wondered why you were still in school. Any big plans for summer break?

Chops-How much fun having your grandson for the weekend. You must be sooo excited. I'm sorry to hear there are some personal problems. I hope they aren't too bad. We'll be thinking of you here in the nest.

I sure miss all my peeper buds.:l

It's rained here a lot and hubby is pretty restless. He's talking about taking off again for a few days when it clears up. But we have his grandson graduation this weekend and then rain most of next week so maybe I'll be able to caught up with everyone.

PR I hope you and G are well and not working to much.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there everyone!!
                          oh Chops, your post was so sweet...thank you so much!!! I hope everything is ok with you!! If you need to talk you can PM me anytime!!!

Lil--so great to hear from you!!! My son is finally home from the hospital today!! We aren't exactly sure what is/was wrong or happened...he was coughing really bad and couldn't breathe. This had been going on for almost 10 days....the doctor here finally consulted with the Pulmonologist down in Sioux Falls and he said admit him (after they took the xray which by this time he had developed pneumonia). They say it's Reactive Airway Disease...or Asthma...in children....I dunno...he's home now and I have a HUGE list of meds and neds and times and doses I need to be giving him for the next 7 days, around the clock....did I mention I still need to pack my house and start moving, as I close next Friday???!!! AHHHH???!!! Thank GOODNESS for AF JUNE!!!!! I need to focus!!!!:H I'm going to have to go back to work just to rest up again!!!! LOL!!!!
                          Dill--I didn't realize that Ike hit you guys either....WOW!!! Well at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel by now~~next week will come quick!!! SO if the Indians are playing the Twins does that mean I get to start razzin you this week
                          I know I'm forgetting lots of people...but Brayden is outside with his dad...if I don't get out there I'm sure he'll be huffin and puffin in no time.......LIMITS DAD!! lol....
                          I know...over protective mom....yes, I am!!!
                          SD:l
                          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                          7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Very supportive here in the nest today.....that's why we're here. Sure, it's about AL and all that, but when you are family it goes much deeper than that. Nice to see all of you realize we are here to support one another through whatever circumstances life may throw at us.
                            A proud Papa R......and his little G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters! Woo, it's a chilly 54 degrees here in Ohio this morning! June 4?! No global warming here!!

Hey Lil
                              it's raning, raining outside and hubby is taking a nap. So I actually have some time to myself!
                              That adjustement to retirement can be tricky, eh? I ,myself, like 'alone time'. It gets harder to come by these days! Although HB is not retired, actually. He is just unemployed at the moment during these hard times.

Sea, Our teams both won last night! Go Sox! Go Indians! [hi five] What's new today? Any calls from the agency? My fingers are crossed for you!

SD, with all that you've been through with your son and having to have time with your X because of it, you must be quite emotional right now. Strength and love to you. And yes, it was just SO strange when we were hit by a hurricane here in Ohio! We were all scratching our heads (in between picking up branches!).

Chops: Thinking of you!

PR, I know you are a sports fan. What's your baseball team? I should be a Reds fan, geographically, but the Indians are what I grew up with.
                              Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, you are in my heart, and my prayers are still with you and your son. Having been through a similar experience, I know what a relief it is to have him home from the hospital, but I also know the tremendous toll it can take on MOM, being nurse, getting all the meds straight, and just checking on him all the time like I know that you do. And closing & packing, too! Where's your Wonder Woman suit? Please keep us posted and try to grab some rest when you can.

Dill, it's chilly here in San Fran, too. Cloudy to boot. Sometimes I like this weather as a break, though. It makes me want to cook a big pot of soup or stew and snuggle under an afghan. 'Glad I work at home. So is my dog, whose nose is buried behind my derriere at the moment (he's weird).

Take care, everyone, and have a great Thurs!
                                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X