Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

BelleGirl, great to see you & glad you are doing so well!
    I completely agree with you that a clear conscience & mind are priceless & must be protected

bellbell, glad to hear you are on board with the program. You won't be sorry!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's 10 pm and I completed day 2 AF!!!!!!!!! I had some rough times throughout the day but I just kept reflecting back on the great info I got today from reading posts. I am not looking forward to going ot bed tonight...last night I woke up with horrible night sweats....ugh! If anyone has had them too could you please let me know how long it lasted and what, if anything, you did to get through them!
      Looking forward to tomorrow and day 3 AF!
      Wishing everyone out there another AF free day and night!
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

goodness gracious it's been busy here!! a girl's gone for a day and needs an hour and a half to catch up--
        it's great! good job, Destinie for conquoring that 2nd day!! keep doing whatever you have to do to hang on to your sobriety--like Byrdie says, don't let anything or anyone giver you reason to drink! i didn't experience night sweats so i can't help you there, but i would think it should start to subside in the next day or two..?? great to see you here So over it!! and to hear from Belle girl again. it was good to read about what has changed for you. i'm on day 14 (yayyy!) and am tired all the time. i go to bed at 9 most evenings, sleep until 630 and have a mid day nap when i can. i figure my body is healing. my poor body needs to heal!
        a big Welcome to everyone else who is new!!
        Rooniferd, like Lav said we are all here to support you!! but you do need a plan. write it out and if you feel like sharing, post it here. you will most likely help others in helping yourself!
        wishing you all a wonderful sober tuesday.
        will check in again later

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello and Good Morning Nesters
          Reading alot of these posts and I can relate as can alot many more people on this site can also. I been to all those days 1, I had to stop for good i kept getting this awaful side pain nearf where my liver is, but not only health, AL made me do stupid things, spening close to $18.00 a day on AL and all the drunk texts and emails and calling up people and the list goes on. Now I am many days AL free and feeling great. What helps me is I just remember all those embarrassing times and the hangovers, bloating, headaches, being red all the time. blood pressure problems. I was up to the handle a day 1.75ml the biggest you can buy at the liqour store around here and sometime even more since I would buy 3 days worth so I wouldnt have to leave the house and see anyone if they saw me. But I am here to help if anyone needs it. This site helps very much also.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters & happy Tuesday!

I have an appointment with a vampire this morning - lucky me. Just wanted to drop by & wish everyone a great AF day!

Destiniey, congrats on your 2 AF days, hope you are getting some sleep.
            Night sweats & all the other stuff really are individual things. Just be sure you are staying well hydrated while detoxing, you will feel better very soon

Have a great day everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends,

Bellegirl, it is great to see you again! I hold my breath too around AL, maybe I'm being superstitious, but I just don't want it around me in the slightest! As far as being tired goes, getting enough sleep, staying hydrated and maintaining my excercise routine have a huge impact on my energy level. I think that people with drinking problems are used to a degree of physical suffering, and that makes us not the best stewards of our bodies at times.

Lifechange, great job on your 14 days! Just listen to your body and rest if you need to.

Destiniey, you are doing a great job. Getting through these first few days is tough, and sometimes isn't pretty, but you will start feeling better soon.

Hi GUY, great to see you here.

Rooniferd, I hear the misery in your "voice." What a great day for day 1! You can make this be the time if you want to. Agree with Lavande that a plan is critical. Putting it on paper really helps.

Have a great AF day everyone! You might struggle today, but you won't ever regret winning that struggle when your clear head hits the pillow.
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. I have had trouble with my wireless router and was unable to use the internet on my OWN computer, lol, so I just didn't. I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday.

I may not post in MWO much anymore. I have said some things that I shouldn't have, and I'm not sure how supportive I can be to others right now. I am not drinking at all, so don't worry about me.

:hLG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for your kind words everyone. As promised, I woke up feeling better (much less hungover than yesterday), and I'm ready to tackle this demon. I agree with Lavande and Pinecomb that I need a plan. One thing that helped me in the past that I think will help me again is to write down all the negative things that come from drinking on a piece of paper and keep that paper with me at all times. Whenever I feel like drinking, I can take it out to remind myself about the evils of alcohol. One thing I will add to that paper is a list of the scariest things that have happened to me from drinking - wrecking the car, getting a DUI, losing a great friend, missing a really important day at work, etc. I am still reading through the tool box to get more ideas, but I will start with my list. I can't wait to get out of this nightmare and start a new life without the beast. I get a big smile on my face when I think about how great life can and will be after all this.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roon...good for you for staying positive. I woke up this morning to day 3 AF. I am going day by day and can't wait to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck today!

Life...Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats on day 14 AF !

Aguy...thanks for sharing your story...I can totally relate to doing stupid and embarassing things and then having to "fix" it the next day or hope that no ones calls me out on it!

Lavande...thanks for the well wishes. I am staying hydrated and I got some sleep last night but .. even with lack of sleep I felt better this morning when I woke up than I would've passed out in my bed last night!

Pine...talk about not being pretty.....wow...I am in such an ugly mood...but this too shall pass is what I keep telling myself.

Good luck to everyone today!!!!!!!!!!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking - lots going on - day 2 again for me - it's good to be back - sending my good wishes to you all.

Day 1 AF 7/5/12
                      Day 2

Px
                      Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patricia....Good luck on day 2...it's so nice to be here and know that we are not alone!
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while but I am back now, and happy to be. I stopped drinking for about five months and then started again for a while.. and am now 10 days AF again. I am joining the gym tomorrow and am also starting some therapy sessions soon. I really want and need to kick this drinking habit once and for all. Although, people have said that it has taken them numerous attempts to stop, even years. So... I am trying not to be so hard on myself when I do "fall off the wagon" as they say. And just keep on going a day at a time. I wasn't sure what thread to join, just wanted one that I could post in on a daily or weekly basis.

angel xx
                          Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome Angel!!
                            i think i read you another thread as well.-- glad you are here. i love the newbies nest. i get so much out of reading what everyone is going through and dealing with--and of course being able to write out what's going on with myself helps immensely.
                            LG, i don't think i read what you feel like you shouldn't have possted. i hope you'll decide to stay and keep posting.! i, for one, get a lot out of what you write and find you to be a not only nice, but important source of support. i often don't know if what i am writing is ok. i try ot be sensitive but sometimes i'm not sure if i'm overstepping boundaries.
                            anyway, like i said i LOVE this nest and you are all wonderful. a huge source of support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning! I've been reading every day, but haven't been getting to posting. Had to mark the day though as I'm now at 6 weeks AF. That makes 42 days now - I even had to go back and check in my diary as I couldn't quite remember how long it's been!
                              I feel as though I'm "myself" again - and as though the drinking time was me under a spell or a curse. I relate to everything everyone talks about here: my days were spent recovering from the previous night, feeling awful about myself, swearing I was never doing this again, and then watching myself go out and buy and then pour the next drink, after having found some or other justification to do so! And that continued for about 8 years. Thinking back though it was the last two that were the worst, and I'm starting to see how much of life passed me by, and in what ways I wasn't there for my children. It makes me sad. I'm determined not to sink into despair about it, but to turn my thinking around to what I can do differently NOW and into the future. There are many challenges still ahead - I can see that becoming a sober person who lives without the "option" of avoiding pain by dulling everything with al, is going to take work. Really worthwhile work though!
                              At 6 weeks I'm still fairly tired - way less than initially, but I'm not as filled with vim and vigour as I'd like to be. I think my poor body still needs recovery time, so I'm just taking things as they come, knowing that every day I don't drink is another day my body has to heal itself and recover.

WELCOME to all the new folks - one thing I read right when I joined up here, which made it easier for me to contemplate not getting it right first time round, is that if you do struggle, the best thing you can do for yourself is DON'T STOP STOPPING. Doesnt' matter how many times you go back to Day 1 - just being here and being prepared to try and try again is HUGE. So, pat yourself on the back for everytime you come back again, forgive yourself for the past - there is NOTHING you can do to change it. And go back to ONE DAY AT A TIME. All we have is the present, so work with that!

Also, it helped me very much to realise that after 3 days there was no more actual alcohol in my system - so reaching the 3 day mark was the first big step. Then the 1 week mark. It seems many people experience a big change around 2 weeks. For me it was only around 3 weeks, but that was probably because I was drinking really heavily (around half a bottle of brandy a day). I was EXTREMELY tired those first three weeks, even wondered if there wasn't something else wrong with me. Now I know my body just needs time to heal.

I also like to mark in my mind every little victory - I've now done a number of social occasions sober, and so far nobody has even commented, which I find weird. Maybe our friends weren't as aware of my drinking as I was? My husband has definitely noticed though and is super proud of me. I'm really, really lucky that he is working hard to understand what I'm going through, and he is happy to listen to all my ramblings as I try to work out why I did what I did. It's very special to me because until I actually stopped I couldn't ever speak to him about my "problem" - I was just too ashamed. I never hid my drinking, and I guess you could say he enabled me because he also drinks, but he's one of those wonderful people who just lets you be where you are and loves you anyway.

Anyway, enough rambling. Today is precious, so may it be a good day for every one of us as we work at conquering this al thing.
                              If you always think what you've always thought,
                              You'll always feel what you've always felt.
                              If you always feel what you've always felt,
                              You'll always do what you've always done.
                              If you always do what you've always done,
                              You'll always get what you've always got.

3 Days AF = DONE
                              6 Days AF = DONE
                              14 Days AF = DONE
                              21 Days AF = DONE
                              28 Days AF = DONE
                              30 Days AF = DONE
                              60 Days AF = hmm, much bigger gap to this goal, but let's see if ODAAT works for this one too....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone.

Today's the day for me. I'm going to see the Dr. and my counselor at the outpatient treatment center in a couple of hours then back to work this afternoon, where they think (thankfully) that I'm battling a serious case of IBS and am going to see a nutritionist. Well, in a way that's true; I will be eliminating that which has been toxic to me.

So much good information, ideas and support here. I'll check back with you tonight.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                                ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                                :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X