Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks k9.... I need to sit down with a cup of tea next time I think about grabbing the vino. I seriously think I am using fear of withdrawal symptoms as an excuse to have one or two glasses and we know how that ends when I am home alone! Based on many people's discussion of their drinking drinking patterns and how they quit cold I really doubt I will have anything other than anxiety. I am really just using it as an excuse which is plain dumb! Anyone else engage in this self receipt?..

Comment

Newbies Nest

I meant self deceipt lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Self Receipt...LOL...I was actually trying to figure that one out.

Yes, Resrch...I was the queen of deceipt and denial. I just couldn't stop drinking because of the withdrawals, after all, I didn't want to die from them right? I had them built up so huge in my mind that I actually thought I was doing myself a favor by continuing to drink. Turns out my W/D's were nothing more than a typical hangover (hangovers ARE withdrawals). I played that game with myself for years. Sitting down with tea sounds like a great idea to me...gonna give it a try tonight? I'm anxious to hear how it goes! No more self receipt ok? LOL

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes I am k9! Thanks for sharing your experience about that. I have gone on mission trips for 10-14 days with no alcohol and never had withdrawals so I am sure I am just trying to give validation for the wine. Not tonight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Resrch -
            Just remember, the mind plays tricks on us...so don't let yourself "think" you're shaky, etc. Just take deep breaths and relax. Take a bath, read a book, watch a movie, or if all else fails, clean a closet! I use Melatonin to get a good nights sleep. I also listen to relaxation CD's...I've never heard the end of one yet! You can do this, let us know how you are later ok?
            K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

I will k9 thanks so much you are wonderful as well as the others here. I think my Celexa will also help me deal with any mild anxiety and I need to clean my pool and get the deck and backyard cleaned up for hubby's cigar night tomorrow. I'll keep close today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine. That awful crap. I have two groups of wine-o friends: (1) a group of older ladies who stick to white wine only, usually Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio. These ladies are just in it for the buzz. They call it "going to the dark side." And they are right. Usually someone ends up crying or falling down, or both. (2) a group of "sophisticated" snobs who go to wine tastings and believe all that crap people tell them about what's good to pair with what. They usually drink red out of oversized glasses and sit around and talk about the freakin' legs or tannins, or some stupid crap. They don't typically get trashed off the wine, but they often come close. My point? Both groups are pathetic. It's even funnier when I merge the two groups together. How silly it all seems. Wine may be a treat for some, but it's poison to me. And THAT'S THAT.

Comment

Newbies Nest

k9, Thanks for helping me be accountable last night.
                  Yoga!! Good news, today is another day and you can do this Today!!! Mwahhh
                  Resrch Boy do I know the wine story...I am a daily wine drinker of many glasses. I have not had wine in over a week, but because...well just because, I have had a beer on one or two of the days of this last week therefore I am repeating Day 2. I am a bundle of energy and nerves. I accomplished more last night than I could have in a month of evening drinking. Stick with it and stick to your plan, hard, but easy...

Hugs
                  :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
                  DAY - 2 Processing
                  DAY - 3
                  DAY - 4
                  DAY - 5
                  DAY - 6
                  DAY - 7
                  DAY - 8
                  DAY - 9
                  DAY -10

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is my day one but I normally don't have my first drink until six...scared to be honest. I drink like a point a day rum. I want to stop drinking ask at once... Is this safe?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is the day

Today is my day one but I normally don't have my first drink until six...scared to be honest. I drink like a point a day rum. I want to stop drinking ask at once... Is this safe?:new::new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops pint not point...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job everyone!

Welcome Lexisolost! Quitting drinking is different for everyone. You may or may not have withdrawal symptoms. Have you tried quitting previously in the past? My "guess" (and remember I am NOT a doctor) is that you should be fine if you are used to a pint of rum per day. I was drinking the equivalent of more than that and I quit with no problems. But again, I urge you to be safe. Why don't you see how you feel tonight (a few hours after you'd normally be drinking)? You might feel a little anxiety, maybe some slight shakes, but I wouldn't worry unless they become unmanageable. I am glad you are here. Let us know how it goes ok?

K9

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Lexi! This is a good place. I am hanging close. I have my pot of tea.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Lexi! I'm only on day two, so I am right there with you. The first few days are the hardest, but I have no choice but to endure the stress. It can't be any more stressful than waking up with a sense of dread knowing that you got trashed the night before! Keep posting, and let us know how you're doing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you k9 luv... No I have never...been drinking like that for two years...but now my girlfriend and I talked she is scared for me, and my liver.

Comment

Working...
                                X