Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Challanged!! I too am a mom of a 7 year old....for them, trust me, you can do anything!!! It's still hard, don't get me wrong...we're here for you!!!

Dill...I loved the wagon...how cute!!! I bet your grandson had a blast...heck the thing pulling it looks fun!!! You can tell I'm a real farm/country girl :H

Lilb--that's funny--I always thought the same thing...about the hard liquor....or it was the people that had no jobs, no money, no family....ect...they must be the only ones with the problems...opps...nope, wrong!! AL does NOT discriminate!!

Papa R--Are you done now for awhile and can rest up????

Pretty quiet in the nest again this weekend....suppose that means I should bury myself in yet another closet, drawer, cupboard...or something!!!!
    Happy Sunday!!
    SD:l
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All
      Sorry I have been scarce. I am having a problem with my power cord and can't keep a charge on my laptop for long. I hope you are all well. My Red Sox just lost:upset: No sports tonight and an early morning appointment, so early to bed for me.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Challenged,

A great big welcome to you from another (former) Chardonnay abuser! I'm glad you found us, you can fix this. Please read the MWO book (you can download it) then make a plan that will be good for you. We are all different in as far as our needs and learning styles. The MWO program involves as much or as little as is comfortable for you. I did not use any meds or even the supplements offered here. I did use the Hypnotherapy CDs (still do from time to time). Of course, the support & encouragement from all the members in the community is extremely helpful.

Stay close, read & post a lot, let us know how you are doing

All the best,
        Lavande
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning peeps,

Welcome Challanged :welcome: The nest is a comfy place to be. So grab a twig and rest a while.

I had a busy week end. Hubby's grandson graduated from highschool. His open house was at the x-wifes house. (same house hubby lived in for 25 yrs) His 2 youngest daughters, who are in their 30's didn't bother to speak to me and the oldest barely spoke. All in all not a very pleasant day. But I survived and didn't drink.

Gosh it's been a while since I've been the first one here in the morning. So the coffee is on and I've brought blueberry muffins! Everyone have a great day!
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!!
            Sea-glad to hear from you...get that power cord fixed!!! I miss ya around the nest!!:l
            Lav--Good to hear from you as well---awesome advice in your last post...you're right...everyone kinda tweaks this program to best fit themselves and makes it their own...I think that's what makes it so successful!!!
            LilM!!!!!!:lGreat to hear from you!! I missed you!!! Sorry you had a tough week!! And since I've only had a few sips of Diet Pepsi...excuse me if I'm a bit ornery this morning but I say...screw them!! Their LOSS...they have NO IDEA on the WONDERFUL relationship they could be having with an AMAZING lady!!! See I was gonna say (F'em...but I toned it down) :H
            To everyone else who stops by this morning GOOD MORNING!!!! Hey, did I beat Dill here this morning?!?!?:shocked:
            Have a great Monday!!!
            "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1

I'm back! Thank you everyone for listening to my first rant on Sunday. I made it through the day with only a couple of big glasses of wine. I did go to bed remembering everything, got stuff done around the house with no nap and woke up feeling good. So, today was a great day at work. No hangover and no hiding of the shakes. I am home now from work and a glass of wine is on my mind but after reading Goodboy's post on the Bummed thread. Hearing that he couldn't make it through his first AF day made me realize this is the right place for me. I have done that many times too and he encouraged me to get through this tempting day. I know it will get easier. I just wish I was there already. :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

My drink of choice is also wine however, Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc are my grape of choice!

Day 1 AF, cried a lot and felt crap but after two cups of cammomile and a few drops of rescue remedy feel OKish now.

Am scared and hopeful all at the same time, I am really going to go for the 4 day binge, wish me luck!

BTW this site is the best thing I've found to help me. Keep positive.

Izzy xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

good luck Izzy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Izzy I am here for you. 4 days we can do it. I just got the shakes and jumped on here to distract me. I think some tea sounds good right now. Thanks!:argh:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi,

I'm a newbie Peep. I've been on Topomax about three weeks and it is finally starting to kick in big time, and I *just* found this website on Friday. Got the book, but haven't read it yet, and am ordering the CDs and some of the supplements. I am thrilled to be here. I was a sherry abuser. LOL! I'm envious of anyone who can still drink carbonated drinks (diet Coke was my fave), as Topo makes them taste really, really yucky.

I see a therapist weekly who really pushes AA and I've been going but it just doesn't click with me, but I'll keep trying. I hold out more hope for this approach.

Everyone have a good evening,
                      Pologirl

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Pologirl,

You've come to a good place! Lots of support & encouragement to be had here.

Challenged & Izzy - good job, glad to see you've jumped on board.
                        Get past those first few days and you both will be smiling, it's worth it

Stay strong everyone.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there all......and welcome to our newcomers as we are blessed to have you join our family here in the nest. Keep posting and staying 'plugged in'....the support and encouragement here is wonderful. Hope everybody had a magnificent Monday. Sweet dreams to you all and I'll see ya tomorrow.
                          Papa R.....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome::welcome: Izzy and Polo!! I agree with Papa..you'll love it here!! It's a great place to be!!! Looking forward to getting to know you better!!!

Papa--Nice to see you, as always!!:l

Challenged...it DOES get easier....although AGAIN tonight was a tough one for me dang it...I'm going to blame it one the fact it was my 35th Birthday...and EVERYONE was drinking at my parent's house...except me....it was hard....I REALLY wanted to!!!! Even more so when I got home (when no one was watching...they know I'm trying to do an AF JUNE...AHHHHH the Catholic guilt got me AGAIN!!!!!) I DIDN'T DRINK!!!! SO maybe it is always a 'challenge' :H BUT one that I KNOW I CAN BEAT...before I NEVER would have been able to...EVER!!! You can too!!!

So....I'm calling it a night....whew....:nutso:

6/18/11--7/3/12
                            7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

:banana:Happy be-lated Birthday, SD!:banana:

Hey, maybe that old "Cathollic guilt" is good for something after all!:H I wrote the question 'will it always be this hard' or something like that on the AF Daily June 7 thread over in the GOALS/Monthly Abstinence section and got some really nice replies. Check it out if you have time or inclination.

:welcome:Welcome Izzy and Polo! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi, challenged! Good job on using MWO to distract! Way to go on day 4!

Hi limers, nice to see you here. Hi lavande, seacaillin and PR! Strength to you, lav on the cigs quit.

Lilmea, It sure is great to hear from you! :h
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All! :welcome: to all the newcomers to the nest! It is great to see so many here.

Happy Be-lated Birthday SD!!! 35 is a great age. My 35 is almost over though, and I am moving one step closer to 40 :upset: Oh well, one day at a time right?

Dill, it sounds like you had fun with your grandson. My visit with my grandson was so much fun!!! Oh, I wish he could've stayed with me!

Hello to everyone else! I miss you and I am thinking of you. I am completely heartbroken right now and my life is in an upheaval. I need to come back and stay close to get through this, so I will be seeing you all a bit more.

Have a happy day! :l

Comment

Working...
                                X