Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:l Hugs, Choppers! I am so sorry that you're sad. Whatever is going on, I am here for you and I know you can make it through. Please remember that the "upheaval" times almost always bring growth and put us in circumstances far better than we could have imagined at the time. Hoping and praying that is the case here. Hang in there! :h

LilBit
    "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dill:l I appreciate the wishes!!! I will check out the other site as well!! I haven't really had time to do much reading on here lately...just hop on the June thread and in the nest...about all I have time for...but I will check it out....sounds like it's exactly what I need to read!!! Cuz it really has been hard these past two nights??!!

Chopps--SOOOO good to hear from you!!!:l I'm so sorry to hear things aren't going (I'm sure) the way you were wishing they would have....you have lots of support here....PM me anytime!!! Sorry you are hurting....surround yourself with people who are positive and who care!!! Group HUG EVERYONE!!!!:hug:

LilB--How are things going for you??? You always seem to know just the right thing to say...and the right way to say it...I'm not very good with words...you can tell I work with 5-10 year olds!!!:H

Hello to everyone who pops in today!!!
      Happy Tuesday!!!
      SD:l
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw, SD -- that was really sweet! Thank you. :l You're great with words. Don't kid yourself! BTW, I work with *grown up* people who often have the mentality of 5-10 year olds.

Things are going well here. I went to a comedy club happy hour last night with the BF. It was great fun, and oddly, being surrounded by people drinking wine really didn't phase me. I hope that feeling carries through to the coming weekend. We're attending a family wedding in Napa Valley. I've always wanted to visit the area, and somehow, I can't envision making the trip (to a wedding no less) without sampling a little wine or bubbly. Maybe I'll give myself a "Day Pass" for the wedding day only. 'Still mulling it over and would appreciate any thoughts on the matter, please.

Have a great day, Nesters! SO proud of all of you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lChoppers:l
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lChops:l
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday SD- :bday2:

Dill-:wavin:

LilBit-Hello to you-:hallo:

PR-I hope you and G are getting plenty of rest!!! As usual the lights on.

I hope all my peep friends are doing great. Sorry this is short.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to the other "Lil" and all the nesters. Still thinking of you, Choppers.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I knew I loved this nest for a reason. Thank you all for all the hugs, thoughts and support! I really need it right now and just coming here puts a smile on my face. Hugs back to all of you! :l :l :l :l :l

I will stop by later or tomorrow to address everyone individually. I have to fly right now. Have a wonderful night and thank you all again! When the time is right, I will share my story with you. In the meantime, know that you all are in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there little ones.....chopper my dear, you know where to find me if you need me...great to have you back here. SD, HAPPY B-DAY!! Made you a cake, but it melted in the AZ sun.....shouldn't have gone with the ice cream cake.........great banter in the nest as always today. Appreciate you all and wish you a peaceful night.
                    Pops .....and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAHAHA!!! PAPA! Thought that was a wise crack about the candles!!!! Seriously...when I went to blow them out...I think I lost some eyebrows and eyelashes!!!!

Chopps--I love this place too!!! We're here for you sweetie!!! I wish we could have like a NEST MEETING...I say...sometime in the winter...in Phoenix....I'd love to meet all of you!!!!! You all are such a positive, wonderful, support in my life!!!! Thank you!!!
                      Time for bed!!!
                      SD:l
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hiya:Good morning, nesters! Rise and shine! It's the 6 o'clock hour here in Ohio, eastern standard time. I guess that would be kind of early for you folks in SD and AZ and CA, huh? Ok, I'll keep it down!

Lilmea, you are my closest neighbor, so you would think we would have the same weather! But you have mentioned it being a rainy spring for you? Here we have had day after day of dry weather! Some spotty showers, but they mostly miss us here. My fields need rain! Maybe today.

Lilbit, I think the comedy club would have been fun, but not a drinking challenge for me. It being a new atmosphere and something I'd never done before, I wouldn't have strong drinking associations with it. Maybe the same could apply to the Napa valley trip? I don't know. I must tell you, I would be tempted there, too, just because! My daughter was a wine rep a few years back and one of her distributors paid for her to go to Napa on business. She brought a girl friend and they had a lovely time. She sent pictures and I have wanted to do that trip ever since! Not a good idea for me at this point! :no: If you do decide to give yourself a 'day pass', try to make a plan that will insure that you will stay moderate. You'll want to be able to remember the trip, after all! Weddings? I haven't ever managed one without drinking....yet. GOOD LUCK!:goodluck:

Sea, I miss you! Are you still have technical difficulties? Any new jobs through the agency? I see the Sox beat the Yankees last night and have 6-0 with the Yankees!

SD, I'm sorry 'bout the cake! PR had his heart in the right place, but his head? Oh, and I think I saw the light from your candles last night as I went to bed! :H At first I thought it was the light from the full moon. Then I realized it was cloudy....and the light was coming from the west!! Did you blow out all the candles? I hope your wish comes true.

PR, that was sweet of you to get SD a cake. You were on the right track because I happen to know that she LOVES ice cream!

Chops, my grandson visit was just that: grand! I am so sad that they are back in Florida now. I'm going to have to travel more, I guess. Thinking of you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Peeps!

Another AF day! I feel great, but sleepy, probably because it is so hot and humid here, somewhere in central VA, where all of the mares are strong, the geldings are good looking, and the foals are above average. How soon is it too soon to write "My Story?" In AA it was not uncommon for people to go years working on a 4th Step but I feel like I am ready to just get it all out there and move forward. I listen to alot of Eckhart Tolle (sp?) and the more I am in the "now" the healthier I am....cravings seem to have alot to do with the past and future.

I really like this program so far and cannot wait to get the cds.

Have a happy and safe day,
                          Pologirl

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the thoughts, Dill! I'm still on the fence about giving myself a "day pass" for the wedding, and your reminder about sticking to a plan is a good one. Can you believe my BF asked if we could pick up a bottle of champagne to drink on the way ? The very thought seems SO foreign to me now. (No worries, I am NOT doing that one!) I'm leaning toward abstaining with only a sip to toast the bride and groom.

Polo, would love to hear your story, and there is no "too soon" IMHO.

Hope today is a lovely day for all the peeps with no ruffled feathers or rain to contend with.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Am i doing this right. My best friend and sipping buddy told me about this. Looking for moderation. Enjoy the wine, rather than guzzle. Can't quite embrace the icons but the name of my home is bird'snest so I must be in the right spot. The cat is in the window eyeing the songbird.
                              CS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!!!
                                So Dill are you officially on SUMMER VACATION!!!!???:yay: GREAT feeling huh??? Cute...about the the candles I did manage to get them all out in one breath!!

Polo--I say go for it...post away...there are no"rules" here...go and do as you feel is right for you...that's the rule...awesome huh? I like that author as well...doesn't Oprah too?!?!

LilB--I was thinking about your Day Pass thing...I guess you have to do what you feel comfortable with...if you can set limits and stick to them...I say go for it...if you think even for a minute you won't be able to...maybe consider not doing it. Would the BF help you stick to your goals??? Or do you get ornery if someone tries to cut you off once you started (and are having a good time)....I ask cuz...I've been known to perhaps get that way on occasion....:H IMAGINE THAT:wow:

:welcome: CS--sounds like this is the place for you...you've got nest qualities
                                You'll love it here!!!

I must get to more packing!!!
                                Have a wonderful night!!!
                                SD

6/18/11--7/3/12
                                7/29/12

Comment

Working...
                                X