Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Some fantastic posts on here today. I have fallen off the wagon so to speak twice over the last week. Thursday and Saturday. It has just hit me this evening how much of a lifestyle and behavioural change is required to beat this evil drug. So today is day 1 again ... and I'm going through the self loathing, feeling incredibly depressed and not knowing what to do next. I realise my life is better by a million miles if I don't drink. Thank you for all the incredible posts on here.

Berner
    AF 20-05-2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just keep trying berner.......you'll get it right

Cat, LG,
      We have to put away the shitty, childhood dysfunctional stuff so we can make progress!
      Believe, I had it all too! It's all history now, we can't change it so just move on. All that BS we were told by parents, family, teachers, etc was all lies. Look up this program, it really helped me move beyond all that crap. www.radicalforgiveness.com
      We all deserve to live happy & healthy lives
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quiet nest day....where's everyone?

Hope all is well & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just saying a swift hello to everyone, very busy tonight and feeling good. Day 2 coming to an end, love and strength to all, xxxx :h xxx jane - not looking forward to the next few days either, will be a bit all over the place, but feeling determined! Looking forward to this weekend, justy rearranged a Sat night drink with friends to an Sat afternoon tea and Scones meet up - looking forward to that. Also looking forward to my first AL free weekend for such a long time - bring it on!! xxx:hxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooops forgot to add - byrdie - I'm up for 30 days too x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Up bright & early on this dark & damp Monday morning - oh well!

Wishing everyone a terrfific AF Monday. Keep up the positive attitude Noodle
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 14 and kicking!

My best friend in the world asked me to go to the beach in three weeks. I told her I had a deadline, even though that's not really true. I know I can't avoid parties forever, but it's just too soon. I have committed to go to the beach with her and her family over the 4th of July holiday, however. I am trying not to think about it too much. I don't know how I will handle it. I don't know if I'll be strong enough to abstain. She drinks, but never to the point of getting trashed.

But I'm not going to think about that right now. All I know is that I feel really great after two weeks of being sober. I've been eating really healthy, and I'm starting to incorporate more and more exercise into my daily routine. I'm caught up on work, and my house is clean (well mostly, LOL).

I can't ever go back to the hell I was living in with alcohol. And I do mean - HELL. It's not way to live - IT'S A WAY TO DIE!

Happy sober Monday, everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi caper and brydlady and to all the nesters,
                  Thank you for that invaluable advice/tips.
                  Caper, I really love what you suggested. The icu, week by week stages.
                  I will and have put this into plan as of today. Thank you so much!
                  Brydlady, thank you. I can't wait for the the 30 day mark, I know everything you say is true. And look forward to living it.

Day 1 almost complete.
                  Keep strong and happy everyone x
                  Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Everyone. Nice day today, as Monday's go lol. At least it's bright and sunny here. Still trying to get started exercising... Can't seem to incorporate into my life yet.

Where is K9??? It's unusual to not see her here for several days. If I'm not mistaken she said she didn't have any big plans over the weekend...

Onward and upward...

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi library girl,
                      Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully all is well with her.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday everyone

Hopeful today. Hopeful that my husband wil give me the chance to prove I am done. I have never hurt as bad as I have over the last few days. The memories, anguish, grief of a wasted life and people I have hurt. The grief of a life lost because of memories not remembered. If that makes sense. I will stick close today. Thanks everyone for the support. It means all that is good in the world today. On with day 3.
                        Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                        -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know so many people are hurting here because you see all those days of alcohol abuse as wasting your life - the could-have-beens. I feel that way a lot. But if it's any comfort to you at all, consider this...

Disclaimer: I don't pretend to know what it's like to stay sober for a long time, but I'm pretty sure it's awesome....

Think about your alcohol addiction similar to being locked up in jail for many years. You've sat around and thought about all the things you could be doing in your life, but you can't, because you're stuck in that hole. Then, one day, you are free to go. All of a sudden, the world is yours, and you can do whatever you want to do. Don't you think you appreciate your freedom more than someone who has never been locked up? Don't you think you have a unique perspective? Don't you think how you will never take a beautiful sunrise for granted ever again?

What I'm trying to say is that you can appreciate life even more than the average person now, because you know first hand what it's like to be half dead.

Think about it....

And if you are hurting today, go do something nice for yourself! The rest of your life is yours to live!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow Roon....that was an awesome post! I remember being on day 1 with you but unfortunately I screwed up this weekend and bought a bottle of vodka....I thought perhaps I could drink in moderation....what the HELL was I thinking! I am so proud of you and day 14....I feel like a complete failure as I could've been in the double digits AF as well....ugh! Back on day 1 (again) and feeling pretty low right now!
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fantastic post rooni!
                              X

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni, I will play that saying/ say that over and over till it resonates!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X