Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 88. Wow! Congrats sausage! And Rooniferd WOW to you too!

You give us hope!

Back to work.....
    Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
    -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome Chief,
      Wishing you the best, hope rehab goes well for you. AL & anxiety, a tough situation I experienced as well.

CONGRATS Rooni, 2 AF weeks ~ terrific!
      Isn't it amazing when your head clears & you can finally start thinking properly again?

Stewarts, is your goal to be AF during the week & drink moderately on the weekends?
      Try going 30 days AF first then see if your plan will work for you.

Jane, Cat, Destiniey - I hope you are all making good plans for yourselves. Don't forget about the Tool box - very helpful!

Sausage, your AF time is really coming along nicely, good for you

Never did see any sun today but it hasn't rained much either so I guess that's not bad!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone. Just getting in good from work. Glad to see you back K9. Sorry if I sounded the alarm, lol.

Still not exercising and when I got home today I was exhausted. Plus it's hot outside. How many excuses can I make, lol. Let's see, I need to cook because everyone's hungry...hee hee

Not drank in 10 days..since April 12th when I chose to have a glass of wine. None tonight either. Not even a difficult decision for me now.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi destiney, I'm on day 2 again. Just keep trying always and work through the toolbox.
          Hi k9, happy you had a lovely weekend and enjoy your religious convention.
          Sausage and rooni, those days are adding quickly, well done
          Lg, don't worry about the exercise to much, you sound very busy working.
          Everyone have a wonderful day!
          Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Stewarts.....I can relate! My hubby had season tickets for the Islanders.....we have since moved to NC and now he has them for the Hurricanes! LOL Does it ever end! LOL I used to go to morning skate in Syosset when I was back in on Long Island...my daughter was in love with Rick Dipietro! LOL
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Stewarts.....I can relate! My hubby had season tickets for the Islanders.....we have since moved to NC and now he has them for the Hurricanes! LOL Does it ever end! LOL I used to go to morning skate in Syosset when I was back in on Long Island...my daughter was in love with Rick Dipietro! LOL
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Stewert! My husband and I had season tickets for the Islanders and I would take my daughter to morning skate in Syosset...OK..so it was like 2 hours away...but it was worth it LOL We lived in the Hamptons before moving to NC
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there everyone,
                      Rooni -that was an awesome post, it sums up totally how I felt when I made my decision to stop for good 3 days ago. I posted somewhere in my ramblings that I've finally accepted modding isn't going to work for me, in fact it's obvious I have no conception what that word means - unless it means the same as binge drink-black out-vomit and almost die :H . Anyway, I digress, started feeling a little weird today - day 3 is always tricky, a doctor (friend) once told me that doctors use the day 3 test as a general rule of thumb for alcoholism, if someone rarely passes that stage then that's what they are, I don't know if I agree with that so much but ANYWAY those thoughts TRIED to get in my head. Funny thing is - I thought about the schizophrenic (I know that's not spelt right - sorry) voices Carr talked about - and that's what they are - and VOILA - I could rationalise them away much easier than I could have ever before in my life. I do not want a poison thank you. I'm not arguing with myself over something I don't want. I am now free from the prison you kept me in, and I'm enjoying exploring, and looking forward to discovering so much out there and in me, that I never thought I would, or could. It won't relax me, calm me, make me suddenly more attractive or intelligent or rich in any aspect of the word. So it can bugger off and let me get off it, and on with more important things.
                      Good job CatBelle, my fellow day 3er, we can do it.
                      Good luck Chief in rehab, hope that goes so well for you.
                      Sausage - awesome job on day 88 - what has changed for you - what can we look forward too?
                      SOOOOOOO a large orange with ice, veggie bake and mash (yum), facial and early night. noticed today I reckon my fat belly jhas gone down a bit already!! lols:H I'll be like Kate Moss by chrimbo (Lols again:H:H:H)
                      Love to all my fellow nesters, stay strong and positive, :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Guys,

I've just been fleetingly checking so sorry not to stay up to date on what's going on for all but in brief...

Roonie YAY FOR YOU!! I can so hear the shift in your tone over the last two weeks. You are so doing the RIGHT thing. Please stick with it. I, too, have been at two weeks several times only to fall back with a vengance - have yet to make it to 30 days, around 24 was my max - but while not wishing to minimise relapsing I DO think it's a process and you learn more each time. You WILL get there. it took me countless failed attempts to quit smoking but I did. I often think about the fact that now I wish I could tell my previous self to just DO IT and save myself the stop-start misery. yet I still struggle with alcohol relapsing.

On which note, I had a big blow out on the last weekend away after almost a week off Now on day 4 AF but have a friend arriving for a week tomorrow and not sure how i'll go. She is in fact not a huge drinker but I still think the temptations of cocktails out, wine on the balcony etc may prove too much

Part of me says I should just wait til I get back, June 1st, then commit again then. Part of me thinks how much better I'll feel going home with two weeks AF. Any thoughts?

Library Girl, oh man did I relate to your post about craving acceptance and love, mostly from men, post a dysfunctional family. In my case it was my mum who was highly intelligence but hyper critical, mean, downright crazy etc. I have been thinking about this a lot and that old chesnut about needing to learn to love myself first. But more on that another time.

Chief, welcome and congratulations for deciding to take the bull by the horns. I hope you'll keep us posted

I will likely be quiet but hopefully back in force come June.

Go well all and keep up the great work!

L xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Noodle - I guess we are Day 4 now, but I have to tell you it is very weird since we are in so different time zones! Feeling great this am, slept like a champ last night, but I guess you are getting ready to go to bed as we on the east coast are just waking! So I said yesterday I would start putting my goals down at the bottom, for something to look at. But I think I will put them in small increments, that is more manageable for now.

Goal 1 - 3 days. DONE :h
                          Goal 2 - 6 days
                          Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                          -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

day 4

Made it to day 4 without drinking....slept well, should ba nice sunny s Florida day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Noodle, Rooni, Cat Belle, bent and So over it!! All of you sound so good and positive about this life change. LilyE I get where you are coming from about the friend. I am thankful in a way that I don't have much of a social life anymore, because I know it would be 10x more difficult. On the other hand, I don't have much of a social life, lol.

Tues morning here and I'm so tired. I had trouble falling asleep last night. I think I had too much caffeine. Hope I can make it through the work day without too much effort. Have a great day everyone!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are all doing so well.....The Cigarettes are my next Step....Im Reading Alan Carrs Book...Wish me luck.Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X