Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I blew it. :upset:

I thought I could repeat Friday night and meet my friend at the bar and have soda water. I ended up having four mimosas. And then I met another friend at another bar and had two glasses of red wine. Drove home drunk and made myself some food, which I only remembered when I saw the dishes this morning....

I just can't go to the bar. I can't associate with people who are drinking. I have to learn how to be social in non-drinking situations.....

I am really sorry for failing on you guys. All your positive, supportive posts have been wonderful. I am soooo embarrassed to have let you all down.....

I am so sorry.

So where to now? I'm jumping right back on the sober wagon and trying again.

Day 1....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Still dark & damp over my portion of the nest but that's OK

Congrats to everyone making progress!
      Making a real commitment is what kept me on travk in the beginning. I was just so tired of disappointing myself time & time again. Success feels a lot better, doesn't it?

Lilly, only you can decide what you should do. All I know for sure is I am fairly sure I do not have another quit in me. This one has to last ~ forever if I want to have any joy in my life. I protect both of my quits with every ounce of energy I can summon up. No occasion or other person is more important than my quits.

LG, I have a history of overdoing caffeine too.....
      I've switched to a half & half coffee blend at home so I'm getting a lot less caffeine now, it helps

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post Rooni -
        sorry to hear your news!
        Hop right back on board, hold on tight.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Rooni, I think there is something in the water here in NC that keeps making us fall off the damn wagon! I am in the same position as you and it is so embarassing to have to come on here and admit failure yet again! Please know that you are not alone...I am right there with you! I was committed to not drinking yesterday but I had a litle bit of vodka left and instead of pouring it down the drain I drank it..ugh! So now there is NO alcohol in my house and I am going to try like hell to drive right past the liquor stores that are on my way home from work! I just took my L-glut, Milk Thistle, Omega 3 and Kudzu and put a package together of them to take with me so I can keep on schedule. Good luck today with day 1.....lets fight this nasty ass beast together!!!!!!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the kind welcomes. :thanks:

I will do my best to fully document the goings-on.

I assume the "My Story" section is the best place to do so?

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi. I'm new. I'm also late for work, so I must be brief. this looked like an appropriate thread to drop a quick greetings. day 1? again? hopefully.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Sorry to have gone mia. I had a bad toothachevthat had me sidelined. Of course alcohol was the only relief. I didnt get drunk .. Which iss
                Good but not where i want to be. Here i am now ... Cant sleep ... Tomorrow will be day one .....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni and Destiniey - Big Hugs to you both :l For starters, do NOT be embarrassed or ashamed. I'm glad you both got right back on the horse and came here and let us know what happened. You're hardly the first (or the last) to hit a bump in the road. Lord knows I hit so many bumps...can't even count 'em! Now, the thing to do is GLUE your butts to the Nest, ya' hear me?

I have 2 counters on my phone, one is counting UP my AF days, and one is counting DOWN to me hitting the big 4-0....tomorrow they meet in the middle at 149. I told my daughter I am actually sad that the UP will now be a higher number than the DOWN (not really, but just sayin'...40 is comin' too quick!)

Welcome Chief and Ekawo...glad you're here with us. Stick close and let us know how you are.

Yogamom - Glad you're back...tooth issues suck! I refuse to go to the dentist because I know they'll find an endless list of things to be done. LOL Seriously, sorry you drank, but glad you didn't overdo it...stay close to us ok?

Imnosaint - I'm with ya' on the Ciggies being the next step...I hope to quit very SOON. I'm a "closet" smoker and I will be with my family for 4 days this weekend so NO SMOKING...I'm thinking I might just keep the ball rolling and try not to resume when I get home. Fingers crossed.

LibraryGirl! Glad you're doing well. Tell me, in your professional opinion, am I going to be banned from the Library? My dog has eaten 2 books. I replaced one so far, but I think I'm getting a bad reputation. If I get banned from the Library I don't know what I'll do...that's my lifeline! LOL

Lav, Byrdie and everyone else...have a great day. I almost called in "sick" today, but I dragged my butt in...so now I'm here, sitting at my desk, thinking "Now what?" LOL

Will check in later!

K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni and Dest....so sorry about your falls out of the nest. I wish I could say I got it right on the first try (see posts on trying for a year)...but I didn't. I think that each time you learn a little more clearly that giving it up altogther is the only way to go. Gosh, it PO'd me bad to ruin my streak of days...I think that's a lot of what keeps me going now...I just refuse to have another Day 1! Hop back up in the nest, and do North Carolina proud. There are about 4 of you on Day 1 now, so you have some good nest company. Start again and don't look back!! You can do it!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hope all is well

On the treadmill at la fitness..i noticed xersize does help alot when trying to stay af mid way day 4 ..checkin later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Rooniferd sorry to read about what happened but as others have said, jump straight back into the nest and keep going. Very few people manage to stop first time, but you know you can string together the days so you can do it again. At least you faced up to it, came on here and confessed and didn't disappear. Stick with it on here, you can do it.

Lav your comment that you don't think you have another quit in you, really struck a chord with me.i feel like that too - I ran away hid my head in the bottle and didn't come back for nearly 3 yrs to try again after I failed last time and somehow I just don't know how I'll find the mental energy to start over again if I fail this time. It is this fear that keeps me going. Today is day 89.

Chief I think documenting your experiences and progress in rehab in the My Story section would be a great idea. Like a sort of daily ( or however often you can post) online diary. It will help you see your progress and it will help others too to follow your journey ( haven't seen many threads on here documenting rehab and what happens so I think it would be a great source of info for others). Remember lots of people visit this forum but never post so you could be helping a lot more people than you ever realised.

Lilly whether you drink for your last 2 weeks abroad is really up to you, but if I was you i would try and start the new routine of not drinking NOW whilst you are away. You are in a different routine away from home so this may help. If you don't you may just put off trying to quit when you get home. At some point you have to learn not to drink when away (I broke one of my quits after approx 57 days when I went on holiday) so i can relate to this. There is no better time than the present!

Noodle - just love your avatar! Yes I'm feeling a lot better now, much more positive mental attitude after about day 60, and better skin, more energy, less bloating, more focused, have stopped worrying. Every month I document my thoughts in more detail in the My Story section, I will update again on Thurs at 3 months.

Bent and Noodle day 3 and 4 are really tough, so many people say this, but things do start to get easier from about day 7 so stick with it.

This post is getting really long so I'd better go before my computer crashes and I loose everything.

Hi to everyone else, Byrdie, K9, Yoga mom, Destiniey etc and welcome to Ekawo

See you all tomorrow.
                        Sausage x
                        Day 89

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ekawo....Welcome! The people on here are awesome! You definitely came to the right place!

K9...thanks soooooooo much for the encouraging words! I made it past 2 liquor stores today and it didn't really bother me because I am sooooooo tired of this viscious cycle! I ended up going to Sonic instead and had a double bacon cheeseburger!!!!!! Great.....now I am going to have a fat ass and get depressed about that! LOL I did manage to buy some Crazy Glue today so I don't fall out of the nest again....I guess Velcro didn't do it for me! Ha! You are such a strong person and you will be able to quit smoking! This July will be the 2 year mark for me and if I can do it I KNOW you can!!!!!!!!!!

Bent....Congrats on day 4!!!!!!!!!

Byrdie....I promise to make NC proud!!!!!!!!! There is a bunch of us on day 1 (again) ...hopefully we can all make our lives AF for good!

All of you are such a big help. Your support and encouragement mean so much to me. I came on here this morning and read the posts and I took all of the advice with me today. So thank you!!!!!!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage....Congrats on day 89.....you are such an inspiration to those of us who are just starting out!
                            AB Club Member
                            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

day 4 af - feeling great for some reason

Hey all,

I first found this site years ago and have been active in the past but fell back into drinking and ... well you know the rest of the story.

Anyway, day 4 AF and feeling really good. The first 3 were really tough... I have a stockpile of supps and have exercising and eating healthy and feeling really positive today.

I thought I'd stop lurking and make my presence known. I was afraid to post anything because I didn't want to commit and then feel bad if I fell flat on my face again, but I realize I need to strengthen my commitment, and the support I have experienced on this site in the past has been amazing.

Congrats on making it to day 4 Bent! I was hitting the kettle bells this morning and it felt great to get the blood pumping... flushing all those poisons from my system...

Gonna run, I've got work to do. I'll try and check in later.

Peace

MM

Comment

Newbies Nest

Music Man....Welcome and congrats on day 4!!!!!!
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                                X