Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good for you, Stewarts. You seem to have a lot of self control. If I ordered one beer (or in my case, wine or a mimosa), I would surely order another one, and another one, etc. I see people out all the time, and they can just order one or two, and then they're done. Why can't I be like that? I have tried to moderate so many times, just to fail miserably about every single time. I just can't do it. One or two drinks usually leads to a multiple-day bender for me.

So here I am on day 1 again, and I feel pretty bad - both physically and mentally. I know it takes a few days to start feeling good again. I just wish it would hurry up and get here!

I am going to bed SUPER early tonight, so I can be ready to get up early and walk the dogs and walk on my treadmill. I'm behind at work again because of my little escapade this week....

Nothing to do but look ahead.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

here on day 1- feel awful. time is moving by so slowly...just trying to stay focused on moving forward. i know it will pass.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ship...haha..I thought the same think as K9..I was like "120 lbs....WTF..I need to send him a case of "woop ass" LOLOLOL
        Rooni....I know you are feeling bad.....my day 1 was yesterday...but you are also thinking positively. I wish I could say that going to bed early for me helps but that is when I feel my worst....tossing and turning, night sweats, etc!!! Although I did like waking up this morning AF and not planning my day on which liquor store I am going to go to to get a bottle! Keep up the good work...we are in this together!

Fresh...I know it seems like time stands still....if you look at the clock I swear you can actually see it going backwards at times! Ha! Good luck on day 1....I am on day 2 and it was much better than yesterday...so keep strong!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fresh - I like to remember that a craving will never last as long as a hangover...so as hard as it seems, just ride it out. Try to occupy your mind with other things. Time speeds up or slows down for no one...don't let your mind play tricks on you. Can you go to bed early and get the dreaded day 1 over with?

Sending you strength.

K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow....you can totally lose track of time when you get on here.....I guess that's a good thing!!!! am heading out to the barn the feed my horses....I will be back on later!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. In the interest of transparency, I am at day 11. I don't really feel like it's only been that long because I only had about 3 oz of wine, lol. I quit drinking heavily Feb 23, and for all intents and purposes feel like that was my quit date. I have not had a hangover since that day. Thank God! I was having them every single day up until then.

Today went by pretty quickly for me, which was nice. I had a couple of positive things happen to me at work. First of all, my proposal for my presentation at a conference later this year was all but accepted. I spoke with the director and she assured me it would be no problem. And, my application (and sample reviews) was accepted by Library Journal to be a Fiction reviewer in their magazine!! Yayyyyy! I've always coveted this opportunity, and now I have it. It's not a paying job, but I will be sent pre-published books to review, and my name will be in print. Hee hee he!!:cheering More fodder to add to my vitae when I come up for promotion.

Hope everyone is having a good nite/day/morning.

Oops I meant to say I feel like it's been a lot longer than 11 days! LOL

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
              Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

baclofen

I am Canadian and my husband ordered baclofen from germany two weeks ago. is it time to worry since it is not here yet. He is losing his mind waiting...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey y'all. Good evening and all that. I was terrified of Being off of work today and not having something to keep me busy. Slept til nine, then took petey for a walk/run, boy was it muggy. Poor dog was happ to get back in the a / c, but we got in 3.5 miles. I bought some flowers to celebrate day 5. But now I have to plant the dern things....all that hard work for more deer food...lol. Bout to head off to bed and get ready for day 6. Today has been a little funky tho. Is this the point where your mind starts playing tricks on you? Oh at some point, one glass of wine will be okay...next week is your birthday, you can celebrate without getting wasted, etc. but I know I can't. So this internal struggle keeps up until my head can process and separate and remember what AL does for me, which is disastrous. So to bed I go shortly! Wishing everyone a good AL free night and lotsa beauty rest

Cat
                  Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                  -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Cat....Congrats on 5 days!!!!!! It was the same way here today too....I would let my dogs out and they would be right back at the door to come back in to the a/c. We later got slammed with a nasty thunder/lightening storm but luckily that cooled things off and I can actually sleep with the windows open tonight! Have a great night and good luck with day 6 !!!!!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

MaxMom....I have never taken that and I am not familiar with it....but I am sure someone on here will help you out. Best of luck and I hope it arrives ASAP!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all Nesters,

Desertlady, congrats to you! You have a great quit going & making some major life style changes too!

Hello & welcome to fresh start!
                        Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download the pdf from the Health store here. Please stick around & let us know whaat your plan is

MaxMom, I don't know anything about ordering meds as I didn't take any. Perhaps you should ask in the Meds section - maybe someone there can help you.

LG, good for you too! I'm going to look for your name in every new book I read from now on :H
                        Keep up the great work.
                        Hello to everyone, sending wishes to all for a safe night in the nest!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone and thanks for all your kind support in the face of all my bitchy weird posts. I meant to come and post again but got completely lost in the threads....I'm still trying to figure out how to find people and design all those wonderful emoto-cons people use.

I love ]this Nest though and I think I will just stay pretty much super glued here for a while. I really can't express how grateful and astonished I am to find such an honest , funny and completely Hurculean group of people here. (did I spell that right?) I don't think I 'd be at day four (again) if you all were'nt here...
                          Okay, I'm getting weepy. And I'm tired. LB and Dest and Cat: Looks liek I am in good company. You are positive and Dest, I think about your horses My twins want horses so much! It's on the list.

K9 I love your posts. I am so glad you are here. And I promise I am in for the night!
                          I didn't give the girls a cookie but I did get them ice cream! Those fricken pics were left here by the previous owners who had a daughter who apparently was looking for love in all the wrong places. Next time I buy a house I'll be sure to check under the bathroom cabinet's bottom drawer's deepest darkest corner. Silly me
                          Goodnight everyone. Even though today was tough it will be good to wake up knowing I didn't succumb.
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow so much to catch up on ...
                            Ship/David X - methinks you need a different doctor. One who really gets alcoholism. My self-detox was very carefully orchestrated, only 5 mg Valium 3x a day the first 3 days, then decreasing over the next 4 to now none. But I had a nurse practitioner who thought she was doing me a favor once when I was AF for a few months and had been laid off my job so she gave me the max Rx for Xanax for 3 months - 40mg a day, so a bottle filled to the brim with 360 10 mg magic little pills. Of course, addict that I am, I started using them like cocktails, and went from 2 a day to 4 and then pretty much went off cold-turkey (I hadn't been warned to taper off.) Long story short; after a sleepness night and sick like flu and unquenchable thirst, I was driving home from the airport with my then 14-yr-old son and had a seizure and passed out. He was able to grab the wheel and pull us off the road and called 911. Police, fire truck, ambulance, the whole bit. At the hospital they couldn't figure out what had happened and I didn't even piece together that it was the Xanex withdrawel until weeks later when I read up on it. I was in bed for a week, not sleeping, sick, and so scared I would have another seizure I was afraid to sleep. So I don't trust myself with an ongoing regime of that sort of anti-anxiety medication, and luckily, now on day 16, I'm not feeling nearly the level of anxiety I had while drinking. As someone said, it was always lurking just below the surface. I see my Dr. for a follow-up tomorrow. I'm now taking an anti-depressant and he will likely add Campral. I feel good but still a bit unfocused and not great short-term memory. Those synapses all fried. So will look forward to your report!
                            Cat Belle - congrats on Day 5 and as Monsters & Men sing in "LIttle Talks "your mind is playing tricks on you my dear." I would start drinking again for any reason or no reason or because it was Tuesday. After work was definitely my worst time, too. So now I try to mix up that after work routine.
                            Destiniey - Awesome on Day 2 - keep up the good work.
                            Rooni - it's a process, and one I've had to repeat over and over and over. Just being here shows what you want. You'll get there. This is the first time I've really felt secure and committed and am not having those thoughts that lead to the drinking. I'm also confiding w/ as many people as I can that I really trust. It helps keep me accountable. Also, love the boot camp idea. Whatever it takes.
                            Fresh Start, welcome, and yes, that first day sucks. But you can get through it and find so much inspiration on this thread. I can't believe how different I feel after such a short time. My face isn't puffy. I'm already starting to lose weight. No more waking up every 3 hours. No more night sweats. No hands trembling in the morning. No wondering if anyone at work knows. It's so much better.

Sorry about the novel, I can't really be here during the day; I'm pretty exposed at my workplace, so a lot to catch up on.

Thanks for all the encouragement and support, everyone.
                            Sleep well. TTUT.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                            ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                            :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick flying visit to drop in to the nest.

Today is day 91 ( 3 months ) for me , and I've just updated my story in the Story section. Those of you struggling in the early days may like to take a look. i hope it motivates you, things do get so much better if you can just hang in there and get through the early difficult days and weeks.

Back later x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 and feeling better. I'm really looking forward to racking up some days again.

I know I've mentioned the friend thing here before, but I'm starting to think about it again. Since I've been a drinker all these years, most of my friends are also drinkers - some more so than others. But the two friends who I typically hang out with the most drink just about every day. In fact, the night that I screwed up this week, I was hanging out with them. I got that dreaded text saying "Cocktails after work?" and I gave in just like that. Of course, I was planning to drink soda water, but that didn't happen....

So, these friends are nice, but I have to be honest. The only times we get together, we drink. We don't EVER do anything unless it involves drinking, and if we do, we go get drinks afterwards. It's a given.

I am very weak right now (obviously), and I think I'm just going to have to stay away from them. I just can't risk it. I know for a fact that if my friend had not texted me to go out the other night, I wouldn't have gone anywhere, and I would be on day 17 right now. I'm not blaming her for my slip (I am the one to blame), but I'm just going to have to put a stop to us doing things together - at least for quite some time.

It's sad, but it just has to be that way. A while back, someone said that we just have to be selfish sometimes and think of ourselves. I am going to have to put myself at the top of the list right now, and if they call me to go out because they need a drinking partner or whatever, I won't be available.

Comment

Working...
                                X