Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you sausage, it was the reality check I needed... Watched 1/10 episodes
    Library girl, what's going on are you ok?
    Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

My msg lost in cyber space again...
      Thank sausage, I watched ESP 1 . Real wake up call!
      Thank you!!! Will watch the episodes regularly from now on!! Thank you again!

Library girl, are you ok, please post let us know how your doing. Hopefully we can be there for you x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great now I have double post.. Sorry guys

Comment

Newbies Nest

So over it - go get yourself some L-Glutamine. It did help me curb the sugar cravings

Monique - just to clarify......
          I did not suggest stewarts should leave MWO only to post on a thread where others are of like mind.
          It is important to be sensitive to the struggles & efforts of the majority of the newbies trying to build some solid AF time.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have it levande, will go downstairs and take a teaspoon.
            Do you mix yours with water?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you guys, you really helped me tonight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I actually had tablets -
                they take a little longer to work. I've heard some people comment here that they put the powder right under their tongue in an 'emergency'
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there, I just started taking topamax this week (Tuesday); low dosage (25 mg)/daily; I wondered how long on average it would take to lose the urge to drink. I am sure it varies by person and dosage and I expect that my doctor will increase my dosage when I see her next week. I was just hoping to hear about some people's experience.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A lot of people are off work today, so I decided to work from a coffee shop instead of driving in to a ghost town. I have a cube at work, and believe me, I am always thinking of ways to work from home or some other location just so I don't have to sit there and go nuts. I used to sit in the cube all day and be just fine. I wonder if the alcohol thing is making me less tolerant?

Anyway, so here I sit at the coffee shop in front of a window that faces....you guessed it....my favorite bar. I have a strategic vantage point of seeing everyone who is walking in and out of those doors. I can also see the deck where people will surely start migrating to as they start the Memorial Day weekend early with a few cold ones.

Am I jealous? Yes and no.

Yes, because they are getting ready to hang out with friends and family and enjoy themselves. I bet most of them will have a couple of tasty micobrews and then head home like a responsible person.

No, because I might would start off like them - having a couple cold ones on the sunny deck, enjoying life....but then the nightmare would start. Enjoyment would turn to obsession. I wouldn't stop drinking at one or two beers. I would keep right on keeping on until I passed out drunk. Then tomorrow morning, I would wake up in a panic - where's my purse? where's my phone? did I drive? who did I drunk dial? where did these pizza boxes comes from? And then I would get a hair of the dog at the breakfast place and continue drinking all day.....

So, am I really jealous then?

No.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SoOverIt....Wow....you are doing great! I wish I was at 5 days like you but today is day 4 for me! I usually fail at 3 days and start drinking to celebrate how well I did..and yup...you got it....the drunken cycle starts again! I am holding strong this time and feel positive that I can do this since I already passed one of my milestones! I am going through L-Glut...as you would say.."like toilet paper" but it seems to help and it can't hurt you! I also take it with Kudzu so it's like a double dose of kick ass against the cravings. I also remember what I read on here...I think K9 said it.."Cravings don't last as long as a hangover." I try to keep that in mind when I have one! I hope this helps!

LibraryGirl....Is everything OK??? If there is anyway we can help, please let us know!

Rooni...I am jealous that you are in a coffee shop....Yummmmmm! Just think of all those people being greeted at the door by the beast...he's smiling...he's toasting them...he's laughing cuz he knows they will be miserable tomorrow and ALL weekend. Stay strong...take the L-glut and toast the beast with a nice cup of java. Smile in the bastards face and let him know he is getting weaker by the minute.
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're exactly right, Dest. Also, my tab at the coffee shop was sooo much less than it would have been at the bar. By about 20 or 30 bucks. God, I've blown some money over the years.....oh well, can't go back, can only look ahead......and I see blue skies.....do I hear a Louis Armstrong song starting to play? LOL

What a wonderful SOBER world!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:dancin:I see skies of blue and clouds of white.... :dancin:Heehee We are getting there girl...we are getting there!
                          AB Club Member
                          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alright
                            I need a boo-hoo moment.
                            I am on day five and I don't want to be on day five.
                            I want to be on day this NEVER fricken started in the first place !!
                            The sun is shining. My garden is calling. The kids are half day and I just want to turn back the damn clock and start all over again and get off at the next F**g exit.
                            I hate this. I hate this. I hate thinking about this wrecked life on a sunny day. I hate thinking about all the time I wasted all the people I disappointed or hurt. All the opportunities I watched cruise on by...
                            trying to focus on my beautiful children. my great friends. My cool dog. My ocean. My forest...and MWO

Okay. Boo-hoo moment over. Going out to shovel dirt and plant patunias.
                            sorry to be negative.
                            Xxoo
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, re Stewarts, I understand and know you have all the nesters' best interests at heart.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                              ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                              :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle, I so relate to "I hate thinking about this wrecked life on a sunny day." I didn't welcome spring this year at all. I was glad for the late winters and gray days we have here in the great Northwest. The idea of going out in the sun hurt as I lay on my couch drinking during the day. It hurt to see people riding bikes and having fun when all I wanted to do was self medicate.

So it was with great relief when I started feeling better and was able to appreciate the simplicity of sitting in a chair and feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin. This was about 5 days in (so hang in there). We can't undo the past; try to focus on the positive outcomes from what you're doing today. In another few days I started going for early morning walks (since I still wasn't sleeping very well.) Making small changes as soon as I felt physically ready has had big results for me. Best wishes for your continued success.
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                                ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                                :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X