Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fly away - I AM SO HEARING YOU!!!!!! My God - drunk e-mailing - what a NIGHTMARE. How does al do that????? How could those things be remotely funny??? I've nearly curled up and died after a night of FB ramblings - just looked like some insane pervert!:H
    Anyways - such a life of grime is behind me.
    Just wishing all you lovely people a great sober Saturday:h Will check in later - much to do! xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hmmmmm....lets see if the Beast knows sign language :finger: Heehee
      AB Club Member
      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah yes - drunk dialing. I am, excuse me, WAS, the queen of that. I am soooo looking forward to NOT waking up in the morning and being terrified to look at my phone.

It's 9pm, and I'm crawling in bed with my pups and reading until I drift off to sleep sober and satisfied that I got another AF day under my belt.

Looking forward to a great Saturday! And I'm also looking forward to checking in with all you guys. Love y'all!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dest - that KICKS A$$!!!!! LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night Rooni....have a great night!
            AB Club Member
            AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1323070 wrote: Hmmmmm....lets see if the Beast knows sign language :finger: Heehee
              :H:H:H Great job Dest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, i always dread thinking about who i might have talked too. I dont facebook much - but i know that feeling. I was looking through photos the other day - yikes!

Thank u all for your support. I feel i have nowere else to go. I am so ashamed that when my dh told me i needed a glass of wine last pm, i caved. How stinkin weak. It makes me sick. So day 1 again. Ugh.
                This news about my bro is just so tough. I come from a very large family of heavy drinkers. 2 of my brothers also married alcohoics. What the heck. My bros are all such great guys and we are all very close. I am so sad.

Cradle....it sounds just beautiful where u are.
                Rooni and destiny.......day 3. Is great!

Everyone else...just keep clase and sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yogamom I missed your story about your brother so I just went back and read it. I am so very sorry. I totally understand how upset you are. I've lost several relatives to cancer myself. One thing I know is that if you try to shield yourself from the pain you will continue to carry it with you. Why are you feeling ashamed?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yogamom.....You are going through so much right now and you have ALOT on your plate! So you had a glass of wine....BIG DEAL! We've all been there and done that so no need to be ashamed. At least you didn't get sloppy fall down drunk! You are strong enough to come on here and tell us about it. Come back up in the nest and I will let you borrow my Crazy Glue for your butt! Ha!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank u flyaway. And yes, destiny, i might need that butt glue. Or a kick in the butt. i just need to keep reading the stories on here and looking at my reasons for stopping this madness.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tonight I did something I never thought I would. I phoned AA. Spoke to a very nice "alkie" who gave up an hour of his time at 1am to speak to me. That really got me. Apart from reaching out here (which I do find difficult even though anonymous) this is the first time in my adult life that I've actually "spoken" to a person about my problem, albeit on the telephone. I never, ever thought I would attend an AA meeting but I think I may go tomorrow. It's a 40 minute drive from my home but I couldn't face going to a local one - gawd that just throws up so many issues - so have decided that if I go I will take the journey. I know I'm not around the nest much but as I say I find it difficult, but it's almost as if I voice it here I may just take that step.

Anyway, wishing best wishes and strength to all ..
                        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jumping in the nest to wish everyone a safe night

YogaMom, we are all thinking about you, stay safe.

FreeFly, I'm glad to hear you took a very big & positive step for yourself, good for you! I hope you find the support to you need right now. Okease stay in touch & let us know how you are doing.

Wishing a good night to all!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.
                            Keeping super busy.
                            Must go, but want to pop in and say quick hello
                            Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made a pot of decaf while everyone else was sucking down beers. I dumped all the wine down the sink and knew i could not get anymore tonight. In bed now and safe. Good night all, day 2 here I come.

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1323071 wrote: I am soooo looking forward to NOT waking up in the morning and being terrified to look at my phone.
                                Aaah man!! i know how u guys feel!!! done my fair share of drunken posts myself!!! its funny looking back on it doh, ah just sometimes ya gota laugh or you will go mad!!

Destiny! hope day 5 will be good to you!!! your doing great!!

Yogamom!! you are a strong person!! Forget the glass of wine!! you are going through a very stressful time!!! im new to this site but i feel you are in the right place!!

FreeFly! Respect to you my friend!! you really are making a change to your life!! you are doing everyting in your power to beat this. Just see how the AA meeting goes you may like it or maybe not. Its good to try new things.

So many amazing people on this thread!!! So Inspirational!!!
                                Week One, Two, Three, Four - :yay:
                                Week Five, Six , Seven - :yay:

Week Eight - On Day 5

Starting to enjoy life now

Comment

Working...
                                X