Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nesters!

Yogamom - I agree with everyone. I think you showed true courage and strength that you stopped at one glass and poured the rest down the sink. AND, you did all that when you were surrounded by people drinking. I know you have a lot on your mind right now, so none of us blame you. I mean, gosh, look who you're talking to here!

The point is, you stopped the drunk long before it happened and hopefully got a good night's sleep. You will need all the sober time and strength you have for your brother. Be there for him (and for everyone else in your life).

Speaking of that last statement, I wanted to say something about "being there." I'm not sure about you guys, but I tend to black out very easily when I drink. Yeah, there are the times you get so rip roaring drunk that you literally cannot piece together the last couple of hours of the night. But I'm also referring to the nights of more moderate drinking, you know, like when you have three or four wines instead of six or seven. Those are the times when I just lose bits and pieces of the night, but remember the "big picture." I wake up feeling "OK," not massively hungover, but throughout the day little things remind me of something the bartender said or something I saw on TV when I got home - things that I would not have remembered if I had not been reminded in some way - as if I had a mini blackout.

Anyway, long story short - I am tired of not "being there." Black outs are soooo scary. I've had many of them. But that's in the past now, right?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I'm up bright & way too early again thanks to my new puppy but that's OK

Hope everyone has their plans nailed down for this long holiday weekend
      Stay as busy as possible, keep your heads out of deprivation land & be grateful for every single sober moment that you know you'll never have to regret

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thats Right Rooniferd!!! i know what you are saying about not ''being there''! its not a nice feeling and it makes you very self-consious. Fitness boot camp starts June 18, good stuff !! have you been doing any walking/running or trainning to prepare for how hard the boot camp will be?
        Week One, Two, Three, Four - :yay:
        Week Five, Six , Seven - :yay:

Week Eight - On Day 5

Starting to enjoy life now

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 8 this weekend willb tuff due to friends, boating, and scheduled cookouts. Best to everyone! no matter the turnout, stay safe!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Topper12;1323269 wrote: Fitness boot camp starts June 18, good stuff !! have you been doing any walking/running or trainning to prepare for how hard the boot camp will be?
            Walking and some treadmill, but not enough! I'm heading to the gym later today. Oh, and staying sober of course!

I am really excited about this. I have friend who has done this same camp, and she says you absolutely cannot drink, or you won't be able to handle it. That can't be a bad thing. :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cool!! Sounds Great!! Go on ya !!!!!!!!!!
              Week One, Two, Three, Four - :yay:
              Week Five, Six , Seven - :yay:

Week Eight - On Day 5

Starting to enjoy life now

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Topper! What about you? Doing any fitness stuff to avoid the beast? Any advice?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I woke up this morning feeling soooooo glad that I didn't cave in yesterday. I can proudly say day 5 instead of the dreaded day 1.

Rooni...I can relate to the "not being there". I am a VERY heavy drinker and the past few months I have been chugging the vodka straight just to get to that "feeling" as quick as I could. But the more that you drink the more tolerance you build up and it takes more to get to that point. So I would keep hitting the bottle and before I knew it I was TRASHED. What was in my system..since I drank so quickly...would creep up on my and I would black out. I would wake up in the morning and not remember how I got to bed. Sometimes I wouldnt make it into bed and I would pass out on the couch in my clothes...wake up at like 3 am and try to creep silently into bed without waking my husband in the hopes that he would'nt know that I did. Wow.....sooooooo pathetic but it feels so good to get it out! I spent the whole day trying to piece together what happened the night before.....gross! Good luck today and I will be thinking of you!!!!!! :l

Yogamom...so proud of you! You can do this....I have faith in you. I have never been able to pour any AL out so I just don't have any in the house. Good luck today...we are here for you if you need us! :goodjob:

Free....congrats on making that 1st move. I was always afraid to join an AA group locally because I live in a small town and I did't want everyone knowing my business. That's why I joined here...for months and months I lurked in the background too ashamed to post on here about my experiences. The more I read the threads and posts the more times I realized that I wasn't alone and that was a HUGE eye opener! I wish you the best of luck in AA and perhaps once you open up there you can also open up here. These people are my life line and we are all here to help you....we NEVER judge. I hope this helps!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Topper....thanks so much for the support! Wow...Ireland. That is soo on my bucket list to go and visit there as that is where my roots are from. The closest I have ever gotten was a bag of dirt and shamrock seeds from there that I got as a gift. LOL
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

LMAO Destiny! A bag of dirt and Shamrock seeds, LOL. Thanks for that.:H The only place in Europe I have visited was Spain, and that was the week of my 21st birthday. Long, long ago.

Good morning All. I know it's not morning everywhere, so take the greeting as it's meant. Ffs, I can't be arsed to keep up with everyone's time zone.:H Feeling good today, and can't help but go and watch a little more of "The Killing". I spent all day long until I went to bed watching it yesterday. Can't stop now!

Hi Topper, Flyaway, Rooni, Sausage, Lav and all my great MWO pals!:hiya: I'll be checking in lataaaaaaa!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning LibraryGirl! Too funny, right?!!!!! It is from the Auld Sod Export Company and it's called "Official Irish Dirt". Irish Gifts | Sod of Irish dirt | Belleek and Shamrock Gifts from Ireland Check it out! Heehee
                        I am glad you are feeling good today...I am feeling awesome so far. I hope I don't hit a rough patch like I did yesterday so I am staying positive and looking forward to a rodeo that I am going to tonight. Theyhave a mechanical bull there so lets see if I will ride it in my sober state of mind! LOL
                        AB Club Member
                        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here's a thought that made me smile today.

As you know, I was pretty depressed yesterday for a short time, but then I told myself to get over it and I went to the grocery store. I came home, cooked, cleaned the house, read, and went to bed. I woke up this morning feeling great. I've cleaned up some more, got some work done on the computer, steam cleaned my carpet, re-potted some plants, weeded the garden, etc....

What's my point?

If I had started drinking yesterday afternoon along with all those "happy" people at the bar, I wouldn't have done any of the those things. I would have spent a boat load of money, driven drunk, ordered a high-calorie pizza, and blacked out. Instead of sitting here feeling good, I would be pacing around in the house, mad as hell at myself, filled with unbearable anxiety. I would probably be sitting at the breakfast place right now having a bloody mary, knowing that I would be completely worthless for the rest of the day.

Man, I'm so glad I choose the sober road yesterday.

For those of you waking up feeling great today, don't forget how you would feel if you had gone to bed drunk. Life is too short!

:goodjob: to all my fellow nesters who are kicking a$$ today, and if you aren't, join us!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooniferd and anyone else who is struggling;

The next time you are tempted to drink, just read the above post #20977 and stay on that sober road. You will be so glad you did tomorrow.

Sausage x
                            Day 93

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni...thanks for those words of wisdom! We both had a tough time yesterday but we chose the sober road and are on here this morning going full steam ahead!!!!!:happy: I think of all the stuff that I accomplished too and it's just so nice to be able to be sitting here and making plans for the day instead of wondering where I am going to get my next bottle. I am going to a rodeo tonight and normally on a Saturday I would've had a cocktail while I was cleaning the house..but I would tell myself "only 1 cuz it's early" and that would turn to 2, 3 and so on. I would end up having to cancel my plans for the night because I was too oblivious to do anything but sit and rot!
                              I think I am finally out of this rut and it feels good! :wd:
                              If is feels this good now....I can only imagine how good it will be after some more AF days under me. I am starting to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel as as K9 has told me...."It's a light and not a train!" LOL:sun:
                              AB Club Member
                              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sausage...Congrats on day 93...you are truely an inspiration!!!!!!!!:h
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Working...
                                X