Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone, lovely birthday weekend but have drunk bottle and half wine each day. Always knew May was going to be confusing ( my choice, I know) but the plan is to have 30 days AF because posts on here often say you need at least this time to achieve clarity. So my goal is this. Wasn't going to post until through day 1 but thought this just stupid because I need your support from day 1. I CAN DO THIS. Pxxx
    Short term goal 7 days AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & happy Memorial Day to those of us observing here in the US

After reading the last page or two of posts I just wanted to mention something.......
      If you truly want to succeed you need to make a commitment! A solid promise/vow to yourself that you will not, under any circumstances turn to AL. Give yourselves every possible chance to meet your goals by getting AL out of your house, not buying any more & even staying home and/or out of social stuations for a period of time. Read the MWO book & look throough the Tool box!
      Saying you want to stop drinking is just not enough - you need to take the steps & do the work to make it happen

Wishing everyone a haapy, safe & AL free day!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm on day two and scared to leave the house

It's going to hit 90 degrees here today and I have to get my laundry done for work tomorrow. Feeling a litte better than yesterday. I've been drinking vodka almost daily for the last 15 yrs. I want to never go back to that life again so here I go. I'm going to get my clothes washed and come straight back home before I get into trouble. One day at a time. :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Vallan, I'm sending you strength.:l I'll be thinking of you today, and you remember that there is someone out here who cares.

Lav, I so agree with you. Like my mom used to say "wishing never could". I "want" lots of things, but not drinking is something I can control. All of us can. Like Lav said, do the work, don't expect some AF fairy to descend into your house to take care of you. Although K9 would if she could!!!:H

Happy Memorial Day! I am working.:upset: So not fair!

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

You go Patricia!!!!
            Well done for starting your journey.
            All I can say is the first week sucks!!!
            But, embrace it, appreciate it will be hard, and fight it! ( knowing this kinda prepares you..)
            We are here for you.

After the first week, from my experience you feel some what empowerd.
            You go girl!
            Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys, something that finally resonates with me, could have read here or in a book...
              But,
              Winners say I will.. Ie not drink
              Whilsts the others say ... I wish....

We are the I will team!!!

Keep up the good work guys, I haven't had a chance to read back but pray you are a well
              Today I chose to start living!

Comment

Newbies Nest

At the laundromat on my laptop.....cause you guys are my lifeline.

Thank you so much LibraryGirl and the rest of you . Staying sober right now is the most important thing in my life. I noticed this morning that the air smelled fresher, the birds sang sweeter and the sun rays peeking through the clouds. If I had been drinking this beautiful day would have disappeared. I can't believe another month is here and gone let alone another year. My biggest regret is becoming an alcoholic to begin with. I can't dwell on it though. What's done is done and now somewhere deep inside of me with all the courage I can muster and people on here I know I can make it. I have been drug free 13 yrs. and tobacco free 1 year. Positive thinking, keeping busy and eating healthy. Looking forward to day three and the gym. Happy Memorial Day to you all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Memorial Day to those of us in the States!

Patricia and Vallon....Welcome to the nest! You have taken the first step by coming on here and that is awesome! You will find soooo much suport here! I am on day 7 (1week..yay) and I never could've done it without the help from the people on here! The beginning is tough but I found coming on here as much as a could throughtout the day was a lifesaver. It is sooooo nice to know that you are not alone! I have had many days 1's...more than I care to count...but the people here dragged me right back up into the nest and I Crazy Glued my ass here so I wouldnt fall out again! Ha! This is the 1st time that I have been sober 7 consecutive days in years! Vodka was my choice of poison too....always mixed it with Diet Dr. Pepper but the last few months I had been drinking it straight so I could get the "effect" quicker....ugh! So trust me when I tell you both that we have all "been there, done that" and we all are in this together. I found that supplements work wonders! There is a Health Store on here and there you will find a bunch of stuff to help you out! I take the L-Glut and Kudzu for the cravings and they help tremendously...I take other supplements too but those are a good place to start! We are so glad you are here and I am looking forward to getting to know you both! Vallon...I am originally from Long Island, NY and I used to go to the Rennaisance Fair in Tuxedo, NY and Rocking Horse Ranch. My parents used ot have property in Roscoe that my Dad used for hunting..you live in a beautiful area and I am glad you are finally going to be able to embrace it!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody
                    Superglued in the nest again for today.
                    I'm sending so much admiration to everyone here posting and struggling. Vallan I love that you r doing your laundry with your laptop and mow close at hand. Makes me think about getting one of those iPads that connect to the Internet anywhere so I can have the life line line any time any where.
                    Dest I posted to u on another thread about how you get your great little pics in your posts. They really connect.
                    need to get to the mwo store today and pick up supplies.. Keep seeing that tag line in someone's post ' which reads - 'Failing to plan is planing to fail...'
                    To be honest I still don't have a real plan except to keep my smashed screen iPad away from the kids and whats left of it really close at hand...I should get that Internet everywhere thing shouldn't. I?

Hugs and happy Holiday
                    xxoo
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey!!!
                      I think I figured out those little guys in the posts!!!
                      It' s Go Advanced' Right?
                      I' m going to test...
                      Hugs:l
                      Don't know I am doing
                      Don't know where I am :new:
                      Life's so sunny I need to wear shades...
                      That is SO awesome! It's amazing what I can accomplish when I don't drink for seven days-(with a slip on six) !
                      :goodjob:
                      Can I say that to myself?
                      PS now where's the guy shaking his butt?
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome patricia and vellon. You are in the right place. Stay close. I am doing tons of laundry here at home. Taking a break too.

Catbelle, oh boy. Not any advice, but those teens can be tough. I blame myself for my kids problems. That is one reason we need to do this. It is never too late. Starting now is better than putting it off one more day. That ex does sound like she needs to be committed.

Kradle - stay strong. You sound like u have so much going for you. My little one smashed my ipad too. The apple store replaced it free. Hope u have the same luck. I think it is a good idea to get internet 24/7 on it if that would help u. It costs, but only a couple bottles of wine per month. Better use of your money.

Lav - thanks for all your help.

Noodle - Congrats!!

As for me, day 4. Everyone off today for the holiday, so i am worried about tonight. My brother Started chemo...so i need to do this for his kids. They are great, but the middle schooler already got in trouble for drinking. I don't ever drink when i have them around....a little bit hypocritical. You know, i am not as bad as their mom, you know. But i could be.....i want to be sober if i get a call they need help. His kids, my kids, they all deserve better. They didnt ask to be in this mess.

Went to store and did not stop for any wine. Picked up some small plants and seeds to plant some herbs.
                        Mint tea is a favorite of mine. Planning for success. Brewing some ice tea to drink tonight.

I need to get through this day.

Stay close and stay sober!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destint and sooverit, Congrats!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Timetolive - Love your name, how true it is!

Rooni - Congrats! We can do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Australia and Ronnie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi again all. I decided to take the afternoon off, and I'm home now. Hee hee! I went to the grocery store and bought tons of healthy veggies and stuff. I want to start eating better, and hoping that will help with my weight as well. I didn't even think about wine or AL of any kind while I was in the store. I had stopped buying wine or beer though, and only bought liquor, so it's not that great of an accomplishment, lol.

P.S. I guess I should say they don't sell liquor in the grocery stores here. Only wine or beer.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X