Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Jumping in to give Byrdie a great big hug :l

That's a lot of family drama going on there lady. You stayed strong thru it all - how cool is that?

Will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Long difficult day at work, ( even had brief drinking thoughts) but I banished them, fortunately!!
      No energy to write much but wanted to stay accountable.
      Byrdie, you are in my thoughts, continue to stay strong.

Sausage
      Day 96 xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

I got home form work and was out at the barn unloading horse feed into the barn and could see the dark clouds approaching over my back pastures....another storm is coming so I figured what better time to come on here and check in on all of you!

Rooni...I am only an hour from Raleigh...I live in Moore County, NC. We should make a plan that if we hit a certain number of days that we will meet for lunch or something! Maybe we can start a network of sober friends in NC...ha....ya never know! I thought about you throughout the day and I just know all the emotions that you are going through. I wish I could reach throught the screen and give you big hug for strength and to keep you positive. I hit a rough spot today and almost ended up at the liquor store...it wasn't as bad as my last meltdown on day 4 but it was the first one that I have had since then. I popped and L-Glut and 2 Kudzu and turned the car into McDonalds and got a Caramel Mocha Frappe instead. Then I headed home as quick as I could like someone had a torch on my ass....ha! nfire: It eventually passed....but damn....it sucked! Stay strong..I will be checking in on here throught the evening. I a always signed on but I am not always on the website....I do that so that I don't have to remember my damn password! Ha!

Byrdie....I am so glad that your brother is home and I am hoping his pain has gotten better. Your poor Dad....my heart goes out to him! I am soooooo proud of you for getting through all of this sober.....that is amazing!!!!!!! You prove your strength to us over and over again and that gets alot of us through our "tough" times! I know what you mean about being useless after 4....I was the same way...thank goodness my husband or daughter never called to say that their truck broke down and they needed a ride because I would've been screwed! Thinking back it makes me want to vomit! Ugh! Keep smiling and your brother and dad are in my thoughts and prayers!:h

K9....Welcome back girl!!!!! :hiya: You have been missed BIG time! I am so glad that you had a good weekend. You have plenty of time to quit smoking..its not like you are a big smoker anyway. The important thing is that you didn't drink. You are so strong and awesome!!!!! I am on day 8....can you believe it....I am excited! I actually got to write "1 Week....DONE" instead of day by day! Thanks so much for helping me along the way...I have a looooong way to go and I am thankful for everyone on here for helping me!

Ronni....good luck with day 1...try and stay strong and know that there are a bunch of people on here that are back on day 1....so hopefully you can find comfort in the fact that you are not alone!

Monique....Congrats to you for making your 3rd goal!!!!! That is awesome!!! Success stories like that keep me motivated to keep going!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a question... I am on day 8 and I can't remember the last time I was sober this many consecutive days so I don't know what my body is going through. Today I woke up sooooo tired and I haven't been able to shake it all day. If I am up and moving around its not as bad but as soon as I sit down ..forget it!!!!! I take the L-Glut, Kudzu, OMega 3, Milk Thistle and Magnesium......am I supposed to be taking my regular multi-vitamin too. I haven't been taking it since before being AF. The last 2 nights I have gotten a great nights sleep....finally no more night sweats and I only wake up once to use the bathroom. Has anyone else gone through this? Just curious...this is all new to me!
          AB Club Member
          AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone, can something tell me if its a problem that ive had 5 bottles of 500ml red bulls in last few hours. COULD THIS BE A PROBLEM????????
            Week One, Two, Three, Four - :yay:
            Week Five, Six , Seven - :yay:

Week Eight - On Day 5

Starting to enjoy life now

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey I remember being extremely tired the first couple of weeks and then feeling more energetic. If you took a multivitamin before I don't see any reason not to take it now. Alcohol tends to deplete B-vitamins and other nutrients in our systems.

I also wanted to say that once again you have conquered the Beast! You're going to get cravings from time to time but I think you've already faced the worst of them the other day and walked away the victor. You know that it will pass. You just have to wait it out. The only way you'll ever have to go through this again is if you choose to drink again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:whee:Omgod Topper.....you must be bouncing off the walls!!!!!!!
                AB Club Member
                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey;1325131 wrote: :whee:Omgod Topper.....you must be bouncing off the walls!!!!!!!
                  Fell very awake thats for sure!!!!!!!!
                  Week One, Two, Three, Four - :yay:
                  Week Five, Six , Seven - :yay:

Week Eight - On Day 5

Starting to enjoy life now

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Fly....I thought of you and what you had said the last time I had my meltdown and it got me through it! I hadn't had a craving like that in 4 days so I kind of got caught off guard! But it passed and I am home and happy to be on here with all of you and sober! Once again....congrats on 100 days...holy sh*t....that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info on the vitamins...I didn't want ot overdue it with them but I suppose you can't. Geesh...here I am worrying about how many vitamins I take yet I would down a bottle of vodka and think nothing of it....Wow....sober thoughts! Ha!
                    AB Club Member
                    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

My daughter loves Red Bull....I can't stand the taste...tastes like cough medicine! LOL...no offense! Ha! Maybe I should start drinking them though...maybe that will give me some energy because today I am seriously lacking it!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest. Just chillin here, eating some baked chicken, roasted brussel sprouts and summer squash with onions. Mmmmmm Really needed to eat b/c I was having romantic thoughts about AL again. Could be tied to my limiting my calories the last few days.

Hope everyone is doing well.

LG

"I like people too much or not at all."
                        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi LG!
                          Did you make that dinner? My stomach is a mess (still) but that dinner sounds delicious! I have GOT to get back in the cooking groove...maybe next week. LOL

Hope you're doing well...sounds like you're learning how to ride out the cravings...you go girlfriend!

K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K9!! Welcome back!!:l I did make that dinner! Did you have fun with the family?

BTW, my stomach finally got to feeling better. Did you ever take probiotics? I hear it helps even more than yogurt. Maybe take them in conjunction?

"I like people too much or not at all."
                            Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K9,
                              Didn't we talk about your eating habits a few weeks ago? :H
                              I just watched a good documentary on Netflix called 'FoodMatters'. Look it up if you can ~ we really are what we eat

LG, please send recipies to K9 :H
                              Glad you are taking care of yourself!

I hope everyone has a super safe night in the nest. I can see a storm coming from a southwesterly direction (probably the same one Destiniey mentioned). Need the rain here, so my garden says

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey K9 - I'm having stomach issues bigtime too, This happened the last time I quit AL, and it went on for months. I eat pretty healthy, but everything just runs straight through ...I know...TMI! I am trying a probiotic, but no changes so far.

Hi to everyone else, trying to catch up with the boards, chilled yesterday. After the w/e drama and worked today. Hope everyone sleeps well, and has great success tomorrow if we don't float away with the rain ...lol

Nite all
                                Cat
                                Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                                -Alan Cohen

Comment

Working...
                                X