Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Day 5. Wow. Hard to believe. I am really tired too. I need to head to bed and snuggle with my little bunny. DH is watching bball and probably drinking a beer. I am happy here where i am. Night All. Stay close and stay sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone
      Day nine...children screaming ,,,husband gone.... :sulk:

Just trying to check in and not out. Will check in later.
      PS. can someone come over and pull the twins off each other?? I need the jaws of life...
      :upset:
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day nine...GREAT JOB Kradle:goodjob:

Om, the twins. Threaten them that if they don't go to bed right noe tomorrow you will take everything out of their rooms nonessential and all they will have are their beds!

Stay strong girl!

Cat
        Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
        -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I'm sorry you have all that stress right now! Please take good care of yourself and your family. You give so much of yourself here, I hope you can get a little rest.
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all hope u had a nice af day. for me after i blew it this weekend after 7af..going for 14.spent time at gym today and playing w 2 yr old son.Gnite

Comment

Newbies Nest

LibraryGirl....That sounds like a delicious dinner! I made pork ribs, mashed potatoes and a loaded salad for the family tonight. Then I came into my bedroom and watched a movie on Netflix...just chilling on the bed with my dogs! Have a great night and I will be over tomorrow night for dinner! Ha!

Yogamom...Congrats on day 5! That is awesome and you should be very proud of yourself!

Kradle....Wow..you have your hands full. Velcro the twins to the wall and call it a night! LOL You sound like you are in good spirits....congrats on day 9.....that is awesome!

Hey Cat...are we all going to end up floating away???!!!! Geesh...if it floods at my house it will look like friggin Noahs Ark with all the animals that I have! LOL Actually I live on one of the highest points in my county so I am pretty safe from flooding but I do get slammed with wind. Have a great night and congrats on day 11!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Lav...it most likely is the same one. It was nasty when it hit but it passed by fairly quick...the rains were hard and the winds were strong...but soon enought the sun was out!
              AB Club Member
              AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Heavy cloud cover over my portion of the nest this morning but at least my head is as clear as a bell
                There is a small creek about a quarter of a mile behind my house but I'm safe from flooding because I'm on top of the hill too

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Destiniey, 1week! :wow: great job, keep on rocking!

And BTW, I am very jealous of your horses! I love, love, love animals and have always wanted horses. I have three dogs, and four cats! My babies!

Good morning lavande, that rain we've been getting must be headed your way. We really needed it down here, drought conditions and all. Good for my flowers!

Will check in later - DAY 12 and I feel great!

Catawprint:
                  Catawprint:

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
                  -Alan Cohen

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. Day 6 here i come. Cloudy here too. I am waiting to hear how my brother's appt went at the oncologist in nyc yesterday. His wife has been texting me updates and has been interacting more with the extended family. And looks like she is really trying. I need to get some cleaning done today and also get to my yoga class....have not been to a class in two weeks due to my toothache a traveling.

You girls sure can make me hungry reading about all your yummy dinners last night. I am going to try and watch that video on netflix. Souns interesting.

Kradle ... You are doing great. Husband away and all that stress. That is always a bad time for me. when does he get back?

Cat belle... Day 12. Wow.

Destiny....would love too a picture of your place. It sounds lovely.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2. Feeling kinda blah. I'm swamped at work, and not very motivated. Can't wait to get some sober days under my belt.

I think I may join weight watchers today. I bet alcoholic drinks are a bunch of points....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni....Good job on day 1. Good luck with Weight Watchers!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning! You all are a bunch of quitters and I'm so proud of you!!! Bahaha! Cat, you are going to love Day 13...after struggling for so many days, it just seems like things fall into place on that day...I hope it does for you, it is more peaceful in your head on that day, at least it was for me.
                          Being tired is very common in the first 2 weeks. Be good to yourself, surround yourself with things you like! I felt like I was coming down with something those first few days, flu-like symptoms...it made me want to say "I better not try this now, I'll wait til I get better!" But then when it happened all 3 times I tried to quit I put 2 and 2 together...DUH!! Quitting makes you feel like poopy and that's all there is to it. But it gets better each and every day. Remember if you have a bad day today, you will have a good day tomorrow...Never 2 bad ones in a row!!!
                          Sideways rain out today...glad I wasn't out traveling in this mess last week! Stay strong everyone, it is worth it! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the encouragement Byrdie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick hi and good morning all,

Desti, I still get tired. I came home from my so-relaxing long weekend and still took a nap. Starting to sleep nearly 8 hours with only one bathroom break. That certainly makes the days much better. It's hard to believe how much we abused ourselves but still carried on so a little bit of tired isn't so bad. I'm also exercising five mornings a week so I'm sure that contributes to helping the sleep.

Take care all, sounds like everyone's doing really well, from day 1 to Day ___. Check in with y'all later.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting over lost days."
                              ~ from Goethe's Faust

:target: AF as of May 8, 2012
                              :target: Non-smoker as of Sept. 15, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone for getting back to me about my "tired" feeling. I am glad to know that others have gone through it too. I suppose it is just another stepping stone...I have conquered worse so I can handle this!

Cat...Well done girl...day 12 AF....that is awesome! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling great too..it gives those of use that are behind you on AF days the strength to go on. I will post some pics of my farm for everyone. I also want to get back into photography which is one of my passions that was lost in the bottom of a bottle. I want to make an album..."The View From Up Here" and it will be pics that I take while I am riding and exploring!

Kradle...I think you had told me how to post pics on here but for the life of me I can't find the post! Could you PM me how to do it??? Thanks so much!

Rooni...good morning!!!!! Congrats on making it though day 1...awesome..and best of luck today with day 2! I went to weight watchers when I first moved here and I was SHOCKED at how many points I was consuming with alcohol!!! I signed up and went to the meetings but sitting in a group and talking about food was not for me..so I stopped going but by then I knew the drill so it was fine. I should've joined on-line....I heard that it's much better...you have more tools to work with when you do it like that! It's going to be a rainy , icky day for us but there is always sunshine in my little sober part of the world! Ha! Omgod......I am getting soooooo corny! LAMO

Byrdie...thanks, as always, for your encouraging words! I wish your brother the best of luck with his Dr visit today!

Yogamom....Day 6....YAY!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Monique...what is up with the damn pee break at night...WTF....I never had that before! HaHaHa
                                AB Club Member
                                AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Working...
                                X